Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Memory Lane. - Remembering the Concealment Operative.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Memory Lane. - Remembering the Concealment Operative.

randiesel
12.10.2012 , 09:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
I do not think operatives are that far off the pack once they get the warrior AC's back in line, assasins also need a bit of a lookover pvp wise.

Two things i would like to see from playing a concealment operative in pvp and pve at times

Remove the acid blade activation skill - all hidden strikes and backstabs have that skill automatically added to it once it is trained in concealment (or remove the 10 energy it consumes) by removing the 10 energy it consumes it would allow opertives to pepper in an overload shot more frequently upping their dps to be on par with most classes

Add another in combat stealth - Add a skill similar to force camo, a non combat breaking stealth that gives us the chance to hidden stike more frequently, maybe on a 90 second cooldown. This would help both aspects of the play since operatives do not have an execute skill it would allow us to use our main opening attack more frequently, and for PVE it would give us a bit more DPS and allow us to pop stimboost without sacrificing a lacerate.

Oh and WATTUP COVERT!
What's up Art, you're the man! Good to see you outside the game too =P

Anyhow, it's actually 15 energy. Look at the tooltip. It's ridiculous and I completely agree with your suggestion.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

randiesel
12.10.2012 , 09:40 AM | #22
Oh and yeah dude, good point on our class being the only melee without an execute. It gives other classes such an edge, regardless that haters will argue with me and say we've got stuns (sins have the same amount).

Prime example, I was going up against this marauder yesterday, who jumped me out of stealth. We were both close to dead, but low and behold my stuff was on cool down and he pulls off a 5.7k smash followed by a 5.2k execute. 2 abilities for 11k damage, both of which crit higher than any op can on the same expertise opponent.

I'm not looking to be able to win very fight I go against, but seriously an execute gives you such an edge when the other class has one and you don't.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

ZUZiK
12.10.2012 , 09:51 AM | #23
If you don't mind i'm gonna add something that haven't been mentioned in the OP:

- Acid Blade now cost 15 energy (used to be 10 or 9 I don't remember tbh);
- Backstab now cost 5 energy if specced, 10 default (used to be free if specced);
- Sleep Dart duration in pvp is now 8 sec (used to be 10).
Brannera Frostclaw -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

dego-harmonium
12.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #24
Yep, Warrior class is a bit off, going to be a tough one to balance without a revolt from the large player base that plays them, same if they remove the stun bubble from sorcs, IDK how they alter that skill without addressing smash, we had a sorc in with 1300+ expertise get hit with a 6800 smash the other night, and he pretty much vowed if they removed his stun bubble and did not fix the warrior class to be in line with the rest of us he would prolly quit pvp. They seem to have balanced healing pretty well, Snipers/PT/mercs/sorcs/assassins are pretty much in line with each other for PVE as well, I just know for PVE you have to keep an extremely tight rotation to keep in line with the other dps if you are concealment. We have one PVE operative that can keep in line with the other dps but he is truly a testament to the class in PVE and PVP and it should not take a extremely talented player push his char to the limit to hit that mark, hell just removing acid blade would up our DPS considerably
Arterial <Lethal Dose Fifty>
JC

dego-harmonium
12.10.2012 , 10:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZUZiK View Post
If you don't mind i'm gonna add something that haven't been mentioned in the OP:

- Acid Blade now cost 15 energy (used to be 10 or 9 I don't remember tbh);
- Backstab now cost 5 energy if specced, 10 default (used to be free if specced);
- Sleep Dart duration in pvp is now 8 sec (used to be 10).
Sleep darts nerf is fine, you would not be able to solo defend nodes in CW if it was any longer a naked Operative could solo cap a node from any class if that was the case :P,
all CC's in warzones should be no longer than 6 seconds imo, if your can get the right situation with dart and flashbang you can cast it just out of LoS of the node in CW and cap quickly and the extra half second or so it takes the person guarding the node you can cap.
JC

NoTomorrow
12.10.2012 , 11:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post

Remove the acid blade activation skill - all hidden strikes and backstabs have that skill automatically added to it once it is trained in concealment (or remove the 10 energy it consumes) by removing the 10 energy it consumes it would allow opertives to pepper in an overload shot more frequently upping their dps to be on par with most classes
there may be times when you dont want to DoT your enemy, leave some room for a flashbang. I'd rather have this aspect under control.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

snave
12.10.2012 , 11:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
there may be times when you dont want to DoT your enemy, leave some room for a flashbang. I'd rather have this aspect under control.
So make flashbang not break on OUR dots.

Acid Blade talent should automatically grant the bonus to hidden strike, backstab and also increase dot damage from corrosive dart. Personally I'd like this damage not to break flashbang but I appreciate some may find that OP, I've thought about it and 8 seconds of dots are hardly game breaking.

This would increase energy availability from not having to spend on AB and the dot damage increase sorts out our sustained whilst keeping our burst intact.

I'd also like to see backstab CD lowered but one change at a time

randiesel
12.10.2012 , 12:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
So make flashbang not break on OUR dots.

Acid Blade talent should automatically grant the bonus to hidden strike, backstab and also increase dot damage from corrosive dart. Personally I'd like this damage not to break flashbang but I appreciate some may find that OP, I've thought about it and 8 seconds of dots are hardly game breaking.

This would increase energy availability from not having to spend on AB and the dot damage increase sorts out our sustained whilst keeping our burst intact.

I'd also like to see backstab CD lowered but one change at a time
There's a lot of things they COULD do, but instead they wanna rush a new warzone in so that it can be bugged just in time for the holidays.

I read in another thread somewhere that its confirmed 1.7 has heavy class balancing. Idk how true that is...
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

dego-harmonium
12.10.2012 , 01:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Yeah you are right, i forgot that even some pve encouters you need your dots off at some points, but no it should interupt flashbang if that is a LTP issue no offence
JC

randiesel
12.10.2012 , 01:42 PM | #30
Acid Blade... So many things can be done to improve it, some good suggestions in this thread too.

You know what I don't get? Go home and try this tonight to confirm:

Acid Blade dips your vibroknife in acid, right? Why doesn't it require to have a vibroknife equipped?

1. Unequip your vibroknife and Acid Blade works
2. Reequip your vibroknife and unequip your blaster rifle. Now try Acid Blade, doesn't work.

Trivial, yes, but it only proves to me that BW doesn't know what they're doing.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops