The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in London!

TaitWatson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So. Me and a friend just bought plane tickets and hostel stays in London.

Now we see that the Star Wars Celebration is on the same day and the same place, requiring tickets for entry that has been sold out for months... Why did you not mention this in your announcement?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that you don't require a Star Wars Celebration entry ticket to attend the Cantina Tour?

EDIT: Or tell me I'm right so that we can attempt having our plane tickets refounded.

EDIT AGAIN: Tait replied to my PM, confirming that you don't need tickets for the celebration to attend the cantina tour. Thanks for the swift reply!

Edited by Inzuher

Now we see that the Star Wars Celebration is on the same day and the same place, requiring tickets for entry that has been sold out for months... Why did you not mention this in your announcement?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that you don't require a Star Wars Celebration entry ticket to attend the Cantina Tour?

EDIT: Or tell me I'm right so that we can attempt having our plane tickets refounded.

Don't worry, the bar they mentioned is outside the event area and after the celebration event ends as well. I'm only going to the cantina tour and not celebration as well, booked hotel to travel there too.

Don't worry, the bar they mentioned is outside the event area and after the celebration event ends as well. I'm only going to the cantina tour and not celebration as well, booked hotel to travel there too.

That's good to know. I got really worried there :rolleyes:. Thanks!

I have several questions regarding accessibility after encountering problems at the last event in London. Could one of you please deign to answer my PM on the subject or alternatively, point me to someone who can answer my questions?

I have several questions regarding accessibility after encountering problems at the last event in London. Could one of you please deign to answer my PM on the subject or alternatively, point me to someone who can answer my questions?

Tait replied to my pm.

EDIT AGAIN: Tait replied to my PM, confirming that you don't need tickets for the celebration to attend the cantina tour. Thanks for the swift reply!

Damn, I totally forgot about the Star Wars Celebration! If I hadn't read your post I'd have missed it. Just got tickets for the event on Sunday since Saturday is sold out, and will try to get in to the cantina tour on Saturday evening. A bit worried how early you have to be there to get a fair shot at entering. Anyone from previous events have some insight how full this will get? Judging from server numbers I would have thought it wouldn't be crazy packed!

Tait replied to my pm.

He hasn't replied to mine (sent on 20 June) unfortunately. Or the one I sent on 19 May. Nor indeed did I get any response from the one I sent to Eric Musco on 29 May.

All were identical requests, asking a fairly mundane and innocuous question about what accessibility arrangements are in place and who I should contact to make arrangements. Something I have done with every event I have attended since my accident, from an author reading at the local library to a weekend at Comicon. This is the first time I have not received any kind of reply though!

The staff at EA.com were lovely and did try to help, but it's not their event (they don't have *any* information about it) and a bit less helpfully, gave me a GIANT amount of information on a completely different event for a different EA product :D

I guess I have my answer, really; people with accessibility issues shouldn't expect answers to their questions never mind expect any actual assistance :(

He hasn't replied to mine (sent on 20 June) unfortunately. Or the one I sent on 19 May. Nor indeed did I get any response from the one I sent to Eric Musco on 29 May.

All were identical requests, asking a fairly mundane and innocuous question about what accessibility arrangements are in place and who I should contact to make arrangements. Something I have done with every event I have attended since my accident, from an author reading at the local library to a weekend at Comicon. This is the first time I have not received any kind of reply though!

The staff at EA.com were lovely and did try to help, but it's not their event (they don't have *any* information about it) and a bit less helpfully, gave me a GIANT amount of information on a completely different event for a different EA product :D

I guess I have my answer, really; people with accessibility issues shouldn't expect answers to their questions never mind expect any actual assistance :(

I don't remember the location terribly well but it's two floor building with an exteror catwalk that's ramp accessible to reach both the top and ground floors from outside. I don't recall the interior of the bar too well though. I googled though and the number for the bar itself appears to be 020 7473 2288, they might be able to answer you better than musco about the venue anyway.

Wouldn't it be easier to just contact the venue directly?

That's how it worked with the Gamescom Cantina. People at the hotel gave all kinds of information with regards to accessibility and requirements.

1. For Accessibility, best to contact the location directly.

2. Premier Inn is great for those still looking. Really affordable, really clean. Personally, I'll be staying with family, but I stayed in one of their London location last year and I've got nothing but praise for it.

1. For Accessibility, best to contact the location directly.

2. Premier Inn is great for those still looking. Really affordable, really clean. Personally, I'll be staying with family, but I stayed in one of their London location last year and I've got nothing but praise for it.

I have already contacted the venue (and travel companies etc), but appreciate the advice :) When you have a disability, attending an event of any kind requires a seemingly ridiculous amount of pre-planning, but it is wholly necessary as the smallest unplanned stage can turn into a roadblock. What is suitable for a wheelchair user is often not suitable for a stick user (and vice versa), just to complicate things further. The pre-planning has to include checking arrangements inside the event room(s), as well as travel to the venue and navigating through the venue to the event rooms.

The venue was very helpful and a train and taxi combo will work if train company can be given sufficient notice. I'm now just waiting to hear from the event organiser (Bioware) for the last piece of the "can we do this?" puzzle.

I would love to know if there's going to be Comic Con cantina event. I see the timeline is pretty tight with the Celebration event (I'd love to know who decided to schedule Celebration virtually on top of Comic Con), buuuuut I've got my fingers crossed. Hate to be all dressed up with no place to go.

I would love to know if there's going to be Comic Con cantina event. I see the timeline is pretty tight with the Celebration event (I'd love to know who decided to schedule Celebration virtually on top of Comic Con), buuuuut I've got my fingers crossed. Hate to be all dressed up with no place to go.

They stated in one of the last live streams that they don't have plans in the US for anything. They are thinking of doing something for NYCC but there is no info yet.

Does anyone know if either bioware is going to stream the cantina event or if someone actually attending is gonna stream? Kinda like to see what they talk about there since the panel announcement was such a let down