[Problem] Ops Random Gear Drop chance needs adjusting

I ran the Groupfinder tonight 4 times, Dread Palace. Two times on each Republic and Imperial side.

In one run a guy got THREE of the random gear drops set to him. Since it is not essentially rolled on and given to one random person in the group, this is obviously NOT set correctly. NO WAY this should have happened. I wont say his name because it is not his fault, but Bioware needs to make it so that people cannot get the random gear drop set to them more than one time each operation. If they already got one then it should remove their hidden roll. This is COMPLETELY unfair if one person will be able to hog up most of the random gear drops on each boss.

In another run someone got two of them set to them as well. The purpose of running ops is for everyone to get gear, not one or two people.

Yes, the Token gear should drop should be rolled on as normal so the group can sort it out how they choose. But, having the random drop be given to the same guy 2 or 3 times is just wrong.

Please, Bioware. Set it so that a person can only get it once. Thanx.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I ran the Groupfinder tonight 4 times, Dread Palace. Two times on each Republic and Imperial side.

In one run a guy got THREE of the random gear drops set to him. Since it is not essentially rolled on and given to one random person in the group, this is obviously NOT set correctly. NO WAY this should have happened. I wont say his name because it is not his fault, but Bioware needs to make it so that people cannot get the random gear drop set to them more than one time each operation. If they already got one then it should remove their hidden roll. This is COMPLETELY unfair if one person will be able to hog up most of the random gear drops on each boss.

In another run someone got two of them set to them as well. The purpose of running ops is for everyone to get gear, not one or two people.

Yes, the Token gear should drop should be rolled on as normal so the group can sort it out how they choose. But, having the random drop be given to the same guy 2 or 3 times is just wrong.

Please, Bioware. Set it so that a person can only get it once. Thanx.

Random is random and things like people winning three times in a row happen however this system is a lot fairer than the one we had before in where people would just random off class specific pieces to everyone like a scoundrel receiving a pummeler OH when you're the only might user in the group.

The auto assign of mk-2's makes these ops runs a lot cleaner and with less arguments, people can now just focus on the set pieces rather than conflicting over trash or having to deal with a particular guild or groups loot rules which basically leave them with nothing over the entire run.

The auto assign of mk-2's makes these ops runs a lot cleaner and with less arguments, people can now just focus on the set pieces rather than conflicting over trash or having to deal with a particular guild or groups loot rules which basically leave them with nothing over the entire run.

This. I'm fine being sometimes unlucky and not getting any random non-token drops then going back to the insufferable arguments and wasting time on every looting

Random is random and things like people winning three times in a row happen however this system is a lot fairer than the one we had before in where people would just random off class specific pieces to everyone like a scoundrel receiving a pummeler OH when you're the only might user in the group.

Explain why Bioware can't make it so that someone can only get the random one time in order to avoid what I said happened? There is no explanation, other than it is wrong what is happening. It is VERY simple to fix. No one minds random rolls, but when one guy gets 3 of them then something needs to be changed. Period. Two other people could have gotten something instead of ONE guy getting 3 things. I could really care less if it isn't even something for their class, because people have alts they can Legacy gear it too, but when one guy get's 60% of the Random loot, then it is a problem. It can't be rolled on by the group, it is GIVEN to them, so it IS an issue and needs to be addressed.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Explain why Bioware can't make it so that someone can only get the random one time in order to avoid what I said happened? There is no explanation, other than it is wrong what is happening. It is VERY simple to fix. No one minds random rolls, but when one guy gets 3 of them then something needs to be changed. Period. Two other people could have gotten something instead of ONE guy getting 3 things. I could really care less if it isn't even something for their class, because people have alts they can Legacy gear it too, but when one guy get's 60% of the Random loot, then it is a problem. It can't be rolled on by the group, it is GIVEN to them, so it IS an issue and needs to be addressed.

You're thinking of this in the old way like the mk-2 loot somehow belongs to the group, it doesn't now it's personal loot i.e. you get what the game gives you and nobody else has control or manipulation of the loot distribution. That's a big step in the right direction (maybe not as big a step as you want) as this game has been plagued with so much ninja'ing and unfairness in group content it's not even funny anymore and for the game to assign loot automatically in 4.0 should be seen as a massive positive.

Yes it might be random but it still gives fresh players the chance to go away from an op with a good few pieces of mk-2 gear if they were unlucky obtaining a set piece. And generally in my experience I've at least gone away with one piece of MK-2 from every op I've run so far (and I have a lot of alts). If you're unlucky with a particular run just have another I'm sure it will assign you with a few pieces in one.

Get over yourself? you get a guaranteed off-set drop off of the final boss anyway, and total loot drops are heavily increased in this tier compared to any previous set-up.

Also a lockout system on personal loot means that when your group is full of *******s and fails after the first boss, how do you handle the guy who got a personal piece and has to move on to a new group now? Does he not get personal pieces in the new group? Does he get a reset chance at them? Is this worth worrying over?

the answer is no, the current loot system is more than fine and if you have a problem with it stop pugging.

Get over yourself? you get a guaranteed off-set drop off of the final boss anyway, and total loot drops are heavily increased in this tier compared to any previous set-up.

Also a lockout system on personal loot means that when your group is full of *******s and fails after the first boss, how do you handle the guy who got a personal piece and has to move on to a new group now? Does he not get personal pieces in the new group? Does he get a reset chance at them? Is this worth worrying over?

the answer is no, the current loot system is more than fine and if you have a problem with it stop pugging.

I'd really like an explanation as to where "get over yourself" has anything to do with this. That kind of childish reply is just completely unwarranted. My concern and complaint is to make it FAIR, not selfish. I am thinking of the players as a whole, not myself.

Pugging has nothing to do with it, it happens in all raids. One person is GIVEN a BOUND piece of random armor based on an internal game roll, not a group or personal roll. If one person is getting 3 of them in one ops, then how in the world is that not obviously flawed? Where on this green earth could it not be added that only one person can get that random drop once per ops in order to spread out the armor drops so that more people get one than just one guy getting it 3 bloody times? I am stumped that someone would even think that is not a flawed design, and unfair.

I REALLY don't see why anyone would possibly ever want this happening and on what dimension this would even be thought of as fair or justified to have even made it into the game, let alone thought up. I'd like a real coherent explanation as to what would be wrong with 5 different people getting the random gear drop in say a DP so that most everyone gets a drop, rather than one guy getting 3 and only two other people getting one. Really where is the logic in not wanting it to be more fair?

Furthermore, not everyone can play the game when most guilds are raiding (7pm to 10pm server time). Not everyone can play at peak hours. Some of us have jobs and work different shifts sir.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I don't understand why it has to be a random person. Let's give everyone a piece of gear.

So far I've gotten 4 useless ear pieces.

This. I don't get why they have not switched to individual loot system and removed rolling al together. Then we can fight about important crap like low DPS, crappy heals, terrible tank agro management. With individual loot, we never have to stop. Maybe we could even keep all 3 topics going at once!:D

I'd really like an explanation as to where "get over yourself" has anything to do with this. That kind of childish reply is just completely unwarranted. My concern and complaint is to make it FAIR, not selfish. I am thinking of the players as a whole, not myself.

Pugging has nothing to do with it, it happens in all raids. One person is GIVEN a BOUND piece of random armor based on an internal game roll, not a group or personal roll. If one person is getting 3 of them in one ops, then how in the world is that not obviously flawed? Maybe that guy got nothing in the previous 5 raids? Maybe he won't get anything in the next operation?Where on this green earth could it not be added that only one person can get that random drop once per ops in order to spread out the armor drops so that more people get one than just one guy getting it 3 bloody times? S&V. EC. In S&V there are a total of 12 random drops, in EC a total of 6 (plus one per person from the final boss). How would you split that up?I am stumped that someone would even think that is not a flawed design, and unfair.

I REALLY don't see why anyone would possibly ever want this happening and on what dimension this would even be thought of as fair or justified to have even made it into the game, let alone thought up. I'd like a real coherent explanation as to what would be wrong with 5 different people getting the random gear drop in say a DP so that most everyone gets a drop, rather than one guy getting 3 and only two other people getting one. Really where is the logic in not wanting it to be more fair?

Furthermore, not everyone can play the game when most guilds are raiding (7pm to 10pm server time). Not everyone can play at peak hours. Some of us have jobs and work different shifts sir.

If you get a group of 8 people to run 1000 operations, I bet that in the end noone would have more than 10% more random drops than everyone else. It's just how probability works.

Explain why Bioware can't make it so that someone can only get the random one time in order to avoid what I said happened? There is no explanation, other than it is wrong what is happening. It is VERY simple to fix.

The problem is that players could drop the group, new players could join the group, or players can log on their alt. The loot system cannot handle that amount of complexity.

I don't mind personalized loot in SM too much if the loot is distributed fairly, but from what I've seen so far, I also believe that the loot is not completely RNG. In the last week before 4.0, we did a 7-hour fun raid in the SM ops where I set the loot to Round Robin and the threshold to legendary - I wanted to just have a casual raid where we didn't have to click away dozens of loot windows every other minute and where I didn't have to monitor chat for ninja looters. And the result was that e.g. if four pieces dropped, three of them always went to the same player, as if it was set to Free For All. This confuses me to this day, and it is also why I don't have confidence in the personal loot being 100% bug-free.

But enough of that, if the developers can guarantee that the loot is distributed completely RNG, I am happy about it. Alternatively, they could have a 100% drop chance per boss for every player in the group but reduce the value - e.g. instead of having a chance to drop a shell with armoring, mod and enhancement, only drop a single random slot (armoring or mod or enhancement), that way the overall loot stays the same but there'll be less discussion on why some player received more items than another player. The disadvantage would be inventory clutter, but with at most 7 bosses in an operation, I don't think this will become a problem. And they'd probably have to re-itemize the endgame gear to ensure the mods are BoP instead of BoE but that's another story.

In any case, my focus is on HM and NiM progression raiding and since in there, the loot is controlled by the master looter and the master looter only, I am not concerned at all and hope that they will leave those loot tables alone. Personal loot is fine for PuG and casual groups; it has been used successfully in WoW. But in tight-knit groups, the loot should be distributed based on the group's decision and not based on what the game rolls.

Edited by Jerba