Pay2Win Space Missions ???

Dirtyshadow

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schematics are not in cartel market cause they are solded already crafted. Actually it's worse... You can have all defensive items for 400 cartel points. Are you seriously gonna give 4 stabilizers; 2 matrix etc, for only one object?

EAware just crossed the red line. You can't even farm old space missions to get enough distinctions, they deleted the quests! FP = Forced to pay.

The old quests are gone? :eek:

The old quests are gone? :eek:

I still see the old quests, they don't appear to be gone to me.

That being said, even with them it's still a grind. You can do an hour of Space / Day and net 100 Fleet comms, or, more realistically, 20 minutes for 45 Comms. That's 14-30 days of doing the missions every day to get the Armor and two weapon upgrades. Or, just pay real world money ...

This is a bad precedent.

Oh noes you will have to play content that you say you enjoy for a whole week!!!! How dare they!

I am sure if you open a CS ticket they will just send you everything you are entitled to for free with no effort on your part.

Pay2Win is when the best things are ONLY on the market. This is just another option designed to milk the greedy and impatient "Must have it NOW!" crowd and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'll agree with the above statement.

The hypocrisy in this forum amazes me. Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff. Then complain cause there is 2 ways of aquiring said items. Of course they miss the fact that this is a single player mini game that has no effect on other peoples game.

I think we are now complaining to complain. Week ago no one cared, now everyone does?

Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff.

I didn't complain about them being a waste of time. I was excited about new space content. Maybe there are different groups of players?

Edited by notalkjustrock

The new space missions are a good source of black hole and fleet commendations. As such, they could have a fair effect on advancement (through BH Gear) and the Economy (through Grade 7 Boxes).

My understanding from Dulfy's post was that it's 30 minutes of space missions for:

• 12 Black Hole Commendations
  • 30 Daily Commendations
  • 240 Fleet Commendations

The old ones, assuming you did just the last two (since they had the best rate of return), was 18 minutes for:

• 0 Black Hole Commendations
  • 2 Daily Commendations
  • 40 Fleet Commendations

(If you spent the whole 73 Mintues doing all space missions you'd get 100 Comms but I never bothered doing all of them, given the Comms you get for the time you put in)

The rate of return for the time you put in is much higher for the new missions, which would explain why people didn't care about space before, but may well care about them now.

Edited by ReallYDeepMan

I still see the old quests, they don't appear to be gone to me.

That being said, even with them it's still a grind. You can do an hour of Space / Day and net 100 Fleet comms, or, more realistically, 20 minutes for 45 Comms. That's 14-30 days of doing the missions every day to get the Armor and two weapon upgrades. Or, just pay real world money ...

This is a bad precedent.

Yup. Would have to agree. If you want the schematics, that is 2 weeks of lowbie space missions. Every day for an hour or so, just doing space missions. Only have 2 hours to play? Well there goes half your play time if you want the new upgrades or all your play time if you want to do it for 2 characters. You want the other items? another 15 days. Want the items to make the schematics? Another few days. This has turned me off from space missions.

Edited by HelinCarnate

I'll agree with the above statement.

The hypocrisy in this forum amazes me. Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff. Then complain cause there is 2 ways of aquiring said items. Of course they miss the fact that this is a single player mini game that has no effect on other peoples game.

I think we are now complaining to complain. Week ago no one cared, now everyone does?

You don't "have" to play................ you can just buy them off the cashshop. P2W.

The new space missions are a good source of black hole and fleet commendations. As such, they could have a fair effect on advancement (through BH Gear) and the Economy (through Grade 7 Boxes).

My understanding from Dulfy's post was that it's 30 minutes of space missions for:

• 12 Black Hole Commendations
  • 30 Daily Commendations
  • 240 Fleet Commendations

The old ones, assuming you did just the last two (since they had the best rate of return), was 18 minutes for:

• 0 Black Hole Commendations
  • 2 Daily Commendations
  • 40 Fleet Commendations

(If you spent the whole 73 Mintues doing all space missions you'd get 100 Comms but I never bothered doing all of them, given the Comms you get for the time you put in)

The rate of return for the time you put in is much higher for the new missions, which would explain why people didn't care about space before, but may well care about them now.

Correct, but for most people, they cannot complete the new missions without the gade 7 stuff. So they have to grind out for a month to get the upgrades or take the easy way and just buy the gear. I am afraid that many will simply just buy the gear and this will just encourage EA to put in more p2w stuff in the game.

the completiion of said space missions results in daily, blackhole and fleet commendations, and credits... ingame currency farming.

Also just saw them ingame. I feel really sick in my stomach.

Thats just plain disgusting... 2nd interation of cartel market, and its already taken a shady turn.

Even if its just the space "mini" game, thats just plain wrong, selling the items that require large volume ingame grinding... I hope this is something they STOP here and never repeat again, cause if it turns up again.

The only thing the store should be selling is new ships, ship skins, colour crystals for ships imo... not usable, and top level space combat gear.

Considering purchasing these upgrades has no effect on any other player other then the player who buys them this is win win.

You cant even show off the fact that you have these upgrades to others. There is no space pvp. If there was I could see the argument. I wont be buying these upgrades cause I can get them for free in game. I say good on EA for capitalizing on an area of the game that's entirely solo.

Correct, but for most people, they cannot complete the new missions without the gade 7 stuff. So they have to grind out for a month to get the upgrades or take the easy way and just buy the gear. I am afraid that many will simply just buy the gear and this will just encourage EA to put in more p2w stuff in the game.

This is exactly my concern as well.

The other thing that bothers me here is that they didn't just take an existing obstacle and then give you a P2W path around it ... they created a new obstacle, and gave you a P2W path around it.

Considering purchasing these upgrades has no effect on any other player other then the player who buys them this is win win.

You cant even show off the fact that you have these upgrades to others. There is no space pvp. If there was I could see the argument. I wont be buying these upgrades cause I can get them for free in game. I say good on EA for capitalizing on an area of the game that's entirely solo.

Again though, they balance the grinds so people P2W instead of doing the grinds, this has the inevitablc conclusion of meaning that player that DO NOT P2W have longer and longer grinds instead. :(

Since space missions are single player and not MMO, I won't complain.

This hits PvErs as much in the head as PvPers got hit by changing the WH set commendation requirement.

It took me 6 months to get full WH, now I can get it in a week.

I happily bought the three space gear packs this morning. My time is more valuable to me than the few dollars they cost. I'd rather spend it playing the game than grinding for gear. I like what BW is dowing with their store and hope they continue to offer options for acquiring gear that would otherwise require a long, tedious grind to get.

If it's available to be gained in-game, then it's not pay to win. In fact, it's just the opposite - someone who would buy that gear in the store instead of grind for it would have less game time and experience than the player who put the time in, thus, all else being equal, the player who put the time in would be more skilled than the buyer and thus still have the advantage.

A lot of players throw around the P2W card without having the faintest idea of what P2W really means. If you want an example, Google ZT Online. That is what Pay to Win is. As long as the Cash Shop does not offer one piece of gear with stats better than anything that can be gotten by playing the game, then no matter what gear it is, it is not P2W.

BJ

If it's available to be gained in-game, then it's not pay to win. In fact, it's just the opposite - someone who would buy that gear in the store instead of grind for it would have less game time and experience than the player who put the time in, thus, all else being equal, the player who put the time in would be more skilled than the buyer and thus still have the advantage.

A lot of players throw around the P2W card without having the faintest idea of what P2W really means. If you want an example, Google ZT Online. That is what Pay to Win is. As long as the Cash Shop does not offer one piece of gear with stats better than anything that can be gotten by playing the game, then no matter what gear it is, it is not P2W.

BJ

Nonsense.

P2W occurs whenever a player can circumvent an aspect of the game simply by paying money to do so.

There will be an impact, it should start to depress the price of the Stabilizers as increased supply enters the market, given that, once people can do the new missions, they'll be netting 240 Fleet comms in 30 minutes, rather than the former 100 Comms in 70 minutes.

The increased access to BH comms could also reduce the demand on the grade 27 crafted stuff.

I suspect many players won't be able to complete the T7 missions even with the new gear. At least depending on what class you are.

I can't compare the T7 missions, but the previous T6 mission had a HUGE gap between classes. In full artifact T6 parts, EMP, scrambler, and charger my JC could just barely complete the Impossible Sector mission with about 20% life left. My IA with blue T5 equipment and only the charger could complete the imperial equivalent with full life without ever even going below 50% shields.

So far with full T7 equipment my JC has only been able to beat 2 of the missions. With a little more practice i'm sure I can get the rest, but I started lagging so badly that I couldn't play anymore.

People that aren't even getting close to completing them in T6 won't complete them in full T7 either. Missions are hard, just as they are supposed to be.

There will be an impact, it should start to depress the price of the Stabilizers as increased supply enters the market, given that, once people can do the new missions, they'll be netting 240 Fleet comms in 30 minutes, rather than the former 100 Comms in 70 minutes.

The increased access to BH comms could also reduce the demand on the grade 27 crafted stuff.

Except that it's 320 Fleet comms, and per week, as oposed to old missions that give rewards every day. And yeah, it might take 30 min to do them all, if you can do them at all.

16 extra comms per week won't break anything either.

Of course they can't beat them yet, they've been out for only 2 hours. Why do people instantly think they can complete content? Takes practice and skill to do these. They even mention how challenging these space missions are going to be.

Except that it's 320 Fleet comms, and per week, as oposed to old missions that give rewards every day. And yeah, it might take 30 min to do them all, if you can do them at all.

16 extra comms per week won't break anything either.

If it's per week, I stand corrected, I had been going by Dulfy's post which had them as dailies.

I haven't gotten a chance to do the new ones yet on live so I can't confirm.

No, using an official means of acquiring an in-game item is not a circumvention.

Of course it is :confused:, circumvention officially is still circumvention, in fact it couldn't possible BE P2W if it wasn't offcial (it would be just plain cheating).

You pay you miss out on grind, that's P2W by its very defination. :(

Edited by Goretzu