Cleared Nightmare, and We're disappointed

Hello guys.

Well, we've recently cleared Nightmare Eternity Vault and all I can say is that I'm disappointed on how EASY it was. The only difference is an enlarged health pool and maybe a shorter enrage timer.

That's it? That's Nightmare? We were expecting at the very least a new mechanic. I literally yawned during the Gharj encounter.

Seriously make the encounters more challenging. A short enrage timer is not challenging, It's just a lazy mechanic to cover the simplicity of the fight. Even a few new mechanics we have to be aware of are welcome.

Here, an idea on the Gharj fight.

During his pounce, make a few rocks hit the ground marked by a reticule. Multiple of them so we HAVE to move, not just stand there facerolling.

Or something more fun, make him jump into the lava and send a wave at us, we have to find cover or something similar.

These are just some ideas, and I still find these kinda simple but you get the idea. And no, I'm not asking for them to implement this to Gharj, but for the future content at least make Nightmare truly a challenge.

Please Dev team, think about it. Nightmare is for those who want the challenge. If people just want to expirience the content they can tune in for Normal, even Hardmode but make Nightmare a true challenge for those who want something more. What's the whole point of running Nightmare for

A) Same loot.

B) No challenge.

Just my two cents, and before you actually make a comment saying "You're just an elitist jerk!" No, I'm not. I'm simply a player who wants a challenge. Not yawn at something that's supposed to be hard.

Edited by Raghon

I agree. infernal council is such a joke on NNM

I agree... 121k for a dps? I did that without 2 buffs (Smuggler/IA and Consular/Inq) in about 30 seconds... It's just so easy it was boring.

We did Nightmare because we wanted a challenge, but they just tuned it for those who just want to faceroll and say "Hai guyz! We cleared Nightmare :D"

When my guild switched to NM for the first time, we had to make sure we werent accidentally sent to HM. We could finally confirm it for ourselves when we saw the HP difference on the NM council. Everything died just as fast. Except SOA, of course. Edited by Tokosteef

But some are both elitist and jerks....

Hey,

What I mean here is that not every single elitist is a complete jerk/douche bag. Sure, there are a exceptions, but unlike what some communities think, a lot of them are not jerks.

What I dislike are those who think they are Elitists and in truth they're just a bunch of a-holes.

Regardless of mode, OP has a point. You could say the same thing about normal -> hard mode. Exact same encounter, more health/harder hits/less enrage. I, too, would love to see different mechanics to a fight based on difficulty. There are no fights in this game that require more than a few sentences of explanation to describe a mechanic and what to avoid. There's very little need for a strategy. Even the droid trash pulls on the way to Fabricator in KP require more set up and coordination than a lot of the bosses.

Here's hoping that Bioware comes up with more interesting, complex fights.

I agree... 121k for a dps? I did that without 2 buffs (Smuggler/IA and Consular/Inq) in about 30 seconds... It's just so easy it was boring.

We did Nightmare because we wanted a challenge, but they just tuned it for those who just want to faceroll and say "Hai guyz! We cleared Nightmare :D"

Holy crap, you can really do over 4k dps? Going all out, my vanguard in columi gear does 1200 dps (tested on some elites on Ilum).

What class/spec are you? I need to roll that!

Hello guys.

Well, we've recently cleared Nightmare Eternity Vault and all I can say is that I'm disappointed on how EASY it was. The only difference is an enlarged health pool and maybe a shorter enrage timer.

just out of curiosity did you guys have scoundrels healing or just a full faceroll sage healers?

This is raiding 101 for this game, I don't know why people would think that the initial ops would be real hard.

dur, because MC was the hardest raid in all of WoW....therefore the first tier of TOR should be the hardest!!!

Though I do think that "nightmare" isn't really all that much harder than hardmode...like the OP I was expecting more of a jump in difficulty.

i.e. gharj differences: the tank has to pick up the adds, as they have a chance to kill a healer if all go for one healer. & uh.....healers have to heal the melee group slightly more after pounces than in normal, like 2 non-crit/1 crit heal more per person (pounce hits for 4.5k more). That's it...

how is that a new difficulty? Healers have to heal 1 or 2 more times & the tank has to pick up adds? wth.....

The encounters were harder before KP came out - what you guys see now is the result of nonstop QQ about said harder encounters.

I think only the OP mentioned when they had cleared the raids...so me thinks you are assuming to much.

I prefer simplicity > bugs

>.>

the more complex it is the more bugs it will have.. haven't learnt ur lesson with Soa?

....I still have nightmares (no pun intended) with the bugs...

Still, maybe if Bioware finally decided to add the character copy into the ptr so we can squash the bugs for release..that could prevent the thousands of bugs Soa has.