Normal mode operations Loot system sucks

Forthe love of GOD can you guys make the normal mode Operations loot system work like any other group?

I swear this is the WORST system I've ever saw, and I'm a MMO veteran since EQ. 4 warrior in ops ... 2 tanks, 2 marauder and the 2 tanks got ALL but 1 of 7 pieces of warrior loot, despite the fact they were better geared than the marauders.

And this is like the 2nd time this kind of thing has happened in as many weeks.

I've saw tanking sabres go to DPS, DPS sabres go to tanks, DPS Relics go to tanks, and vice versa...

This loot system is really discouraging, and causes alot of frustration, and whoever made the decision to go with it seriously needs to reconsider their job ... cause you SUCK at it.

Edited by Deurg

In not such a harsh tone I do have to agree with the OP.

I'm the maintank for our guild and we've been running normal modes with a few of the more geared dps in our guild trying to get some of our lesser geared members some nice loot. However it seems the majority of the time the better geared players keep getting loot that isn't needed. It would be nice if they could pass on loot or if possible make it similar to loot acquired in WoW in which the loot is tradeable for about 2hrs to only members that were in the same operation/group as you.

The big problem is ... most are running normal to try to gear up folks for Hard mode ops .... but that doesn't happen due to the fact so much gear gets wasted EVERY run.

I'ts almost not worth doing once you get geared to a certain level (but you are still not powerful enough to complete the Hardmodes before enrage timers), because it becomes an excercise in frustrtaion. LOADS of loot wasted EVERY run .. and thus it takes forever to make any progress.

One thing you don't wanna screw up in a game ... is loot. It will end a game faster than anything, and the devs need to fix this fast cause honestly, alot of people won't make it to hard modes due to the frustration this loot system is causing.

Appoligize for the tone at the top ... but I was fresh out of yet another Operation where people got the shaft .... again.

Edited by Deurg

You cannot blame that on bio. ou have to blame it on who deserves the blame. The people that do not need the loot ayeing on it instead of passing. I admit it does get irritating as all heck. But, I cant blame it on bio either. I blame it on the people that will not pass on the loot, or need on EVERYTHING that drops.

You cannot blame that on bio. ou have to blame it on who deserves the blame. The people that do not need the loot ayeing on it instead of passing. I admit it does get irritating as all heck. But, I cant blame it on bio either. I blame it on the people that will not pass on the loot, or need on EVERYTHING that drops.

I think we're referring to the loot obtained in operations, not flashpoints. In an operation when a boss it looted, it will bring up the loot window and have (for an 8 man group) four pieces of loot with four operation member's names listed in the loot window. There isn't the whole need, green, Reverse engineer system.

on one hand, you obviously don't understand how normal mode operation loot works

on the other hand, i agree that it's not entirely bioware's fault; they asked the community during beta testing how they/we wanted to prevent ninja looters during normal mode ops, which are meant to be pugged, and this is what they/we settled on

Would be nice if BW just added an additional loot feature to turn on and off the automatic loot distribution. Say the normal mode OPs is a pugged group, before they begin they can all decide together and have the raid leader turn on "automatic loot distribution" or if the normal OPs is a guild run they can set it to Master Looter.

We're talking operations here ... not Flashpoints or doing heroics.

It's the ONLY place in the game that I know of that has this, and really it's the dumbest system I've saw in a game.

The discouraging part is(in the grand design of things) is ... not only did some dev/designer come up with this massively bad idea .... but atleast one manager had to approve it....

That don't bode well for future design decisions folks ... not well at all.

It is SOOO ridiculous, I am fully geared helping run some fresh 50 guild mates though reg EV and I got nearly all of the loot, I got 4 drops and I already had the same or better on all of them while there is people wearing lvl 45 gear in the op. If you refuse to let us set it to a normal looting method at LEAST make the **** intelligent.

Normal modes are where you build your guilds ability to raid Hardmodes. They are the logical place to start gearing up people for 16 man raids .... as it is now, with this loot system, it's an excercise in futility. It will take you 10 runs to get 2 people close to geared up ... due to the fact that so little of the loot will actually go to those who could actually use it.

Please fix bioware. Your killing the enjoyment of the game quickly for the folks who aren't lucky enough to get 4 or 5 pieces of loot in 1 night....even though they allready had it ... or better.

ATLEAST give folks the option to pass on the gear ...

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a fantastic thread for suggestion lists and a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to continue your discussion in one of these locations.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!