Guild Panel Conquest Scores Bugged

UlaVii

I know there's a lot of other guilds who give out CQ rewards each week and I wanted to bring these two bugs to your attention in case you have not noticed them yet. I thought it was common knowledge but speaking to some people recently and they had no idea, hence, this post :)

Both these bugs have been reproduced by people in 5 guilds across both factions.

Bug #1

As an example; if a character earned 100k last week but they do not log in this week then their score in the guild panel will not reset:

• It will show 100k in the Conquest Points custom column on the Roster
  • It will show 100k in the top 10 on the Guild Window->General tab
  • It will show 100k in the top 5 on the Guild Invasions tab

Additionally, that person could login once and it will still not update even when they earn the 650 points from accepting the previous week's CQ rewards. The score will only change the 2nd time they login.

This means you have no way to know who scored how many points each week without comparing the character score to the previous week.

This is far easier to do if you only do the scoring per character. Guilds like mine which have been doing it by legacy for years are pretty much screwed. Coincidentally, we changed to doing it per character with 6.x for a different reason but now this bug is here we would of switched anyway.

We're not sure exactly when it started but we suspect it was the 6.0 patch so ~3 months at the time of this post.

Bug #2

There is another bug in that points scored towards the "Crafting: Inventor" (craft 50 items) are not counting if the crafted items are completed while logged out. This has been reproduced by several people. There could be more objectives with the same problem e.g. "Crafting: Aid the War Effort" but we didn't want to waste more mats testing bugs. Some people have been able to force the points to register if they change zone but others have not. Here is a screenshot from someone's private guild:

https://i.imgur.com/7Ji5MnJ.jpg

You can see they scored over 30k on some characters but the guild total score shows 11,500 total. They said that on a previous week where they managed to get into the top 10 briefly the score was also incorrect there. During that week some of their characters who had just passed 50k e.g. 50,350 did not get the rewards as if the system did not register they had passed 50k. This kind of ties in with how the guild score in the top 10 can be different than the score shown in the top right of the CQ panel and how player scores on the Roster do not always match what is shown in the top 5 and top 10 lists. I asked this one with the private guild if the guild score updated this week when they hit the 50k mark but they haven't replied yet.

Finally heard back. They hit the 50k mark on one character and the personal CQ rewards popped. They accepted the rewards and got <1k points for that. The guild score remained at 19k. So those objectives are totally broken.

On Bug #2, he is probably flipping through his toons too fast. To be safe, one has to wait a full minute on each toon before the Guild Totals will be updated properly and match the personal total. It defeats the efficiency purpose, believe me I know.

I posted this thread in the bug forums a few months back http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969377, and heard crickets.

It

Was sent these:

https://i.imgur.com/V12eCsK.jpg

Total points: 535,250 but guild panel only shows 41,686

Told no guild rewards for those over 50k.

https://i.imgur.com/keyTpNE.png

"I will certainly look into it and provide you with the best option available"

Does not look at log. Does not look at numbers. Does not use calculator.

"Game is working as intended"

Ticket closed.

Was sent these:

https://i.imgur.com/keyTpNE.png

"I will certainly look into it and provide you with the best option available"

Does not look at log. Does not look at numbers. Does not use calculator.

"Game is working as intended"

Ticket closed.

This may sound more bluntly rude than I'd like, but I can't think of a more polite way to phrase it (and it isn't directed at you.) That CS response shares all the traits of a phishing email, aside from phony email address, and really has nothing appropriate or accurate in it. Not only did they fail to look at the log, the numbers, or use a calculator, they don't even understand how it works (or if they do, they don't know the proper way to explain it.)

"...the guild conquest points are the avarage [sic] of all the poitns [sic] that the characters earned individually due to which the average of the guild members might not have met the target and not eligible for the rewards."

Spelling and grammar issues aside, that is NOT how this works. Can you imagine a guild that has a handful of characters who just barely meet their conquest goal, and a ton of alts who each do the repeatable crafting step once? Oh, sorry, the scores of the people who met the goal were dragged down by the pile of alts, so you all lose. Har har.

Edited by Kayahni

• 1 month later...

I've had complaints about #2 not working this week so not fixed.

On the other hand #1 does seem fixed. We've tested it for 2 weeks now. Scores now reset to 0 when the new CQ week begins. Thanks for fix :)

Edited by UlaVii