Is Story content the single most important thing in this game?

Island_Jedi

Looking at the future of this game does the general population feel story is the end all be all? Is story content the single most important thing in this game?

Use your voice people, be heard! If you read this post and don't respond, don't get mad with the result of the game direction.

Edited by Island_Jedi

Story content, if done right, is the best thing this game has.

It is why I ran multiple alts through the same story as male, female, evil, and good then did it again and will continue to do so on other servers.

The unified generic story isn't the most important thing in the game it is repeatable a few times then you don't care or dread dealing with it.

story keeps you satisfied for a day or two while you quickly eat through content.. then after a few times you don't really feel like repeating it.. what keeps me playing? Idk anymore, i used to think it was operations, fps, and warzones, maybe im just bored of playing the same ones over and over. I may take a break for a little while after kotfe, then come back when more content hits and it feels fresh again.

I can tell you the single reason a lot of people stay in the game. GUILDS! they promote loyalty and friendship you will stay in the game because there are interesting things to do with your guild. Players in strong guilds will stay with the game for years. Guilds in turn need endgame to give them a focus something to overcome together. After the launch of the expansion everyone will be playing solo so as to not give away spoilers. I think the game will basically be you playing by yourself till you max level. Then when my guild is max leveled we will come out of our bubbles and talk to each other cuz the chance of spoilers is over. Guilds can make and break your game. WOW had to learn this the hard way when they stopped supporting guilds as much. Gamers are loyal to each other; the communities they create NOT the game. Story oriented players are fickle they will soon unsub after they have DEVOURED the content. endgame players in guilds will be with you FOR YEARS!. \

It is so much harder to have to sate the unquenchable appetite of story oriented players. Endgame players at least take six months on average to "eat" the content. I don't think it will take six months for us to get through the first nine chapters maybe six days? Endgame when done CORRECTLY will give both your casual audience and hardcore something to keep them sated until the next expansion or major update. One chapter a month after the initial nine are you kidding me!?!?! Alright it took me three hours to do the new chapter....now I wait for next month to play another three hours. 15 bucks a month for three hours of content? That is absurd!

Edited by Island_Jedi

For me, yes.

I'm here because of KOTOR (not KOTOR2 :)). In spite of it being an MMO, not because it's one.

KOTOR, DAO and ME1-3 are amongst my all-time favorites.

And 12XP let me experience the stories as stories.

But I know there might possibly be a difference of opinion on this :)

For me, yes.

I'm here because of KOTOR (not KOTOR2 :)). In spite of it being an MMO, not because it's one.

KOTOR, DAO and ME1-3 are amongst my all-time favorites.

And 12XP let me experience the stories as stories.

But I know there might possibly be a difference of opinion on this :)

Of course there is but BW has the data that tells them who is doing what.

I'm assuming PVPers and Raiders are the minority in this game. Especially the PVPers given how little attention tht area has received.

Edited by RaiderMid

Story gets me interested. Repeatable, challenging content keeps me subbed.

Beautiful way to put it.

Any and every game under the sun that wants to keep you as subscriber needs longevity. Content that lasts. Remains fun. 10 hour script about daddy Emperor may or may not be a great story. It is NOT anything that lasts.

Expansion is coming in..what, Five days. Five days from launch, people are done.

Edited by Stradlin

so the thread is over because (in your opinion) the story is the most important thing? good for you but thats not how everyone feels /thread

So the thread is over because (in your opinion) it is over when you personally say it is? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you dont rule the forums.

@OP - Yes, for me it is the only reason i am here at all. If Operations and PvP were removed, i would happily still be here. If story was removed and much more Operations and PvP maps were introduced... i would simply stop logging in until my time card is over... and forget this game even exists.

Edited by MouseNoFour

For me, in every game story is the most important thing. Of course, if the game mechanics themselves are screwy, that makes it much more difficult, but if the story is good enough, then I'll play through.

I actually very much dislike MMO's, but SWTOR is the exception to that rule. I adore SWTOR and all its stories. I feel very immersed when I play it, which is very good.

Beautiful way to put it.

Any and every game under the sun that wants to keep you as subscriber needs longevity. Content that lasts. Remains fun. 10 hour script about daddy Emperor may or may not be a great story. It is NOT anything that lasts.

Expansion is coming in..what, Five days. Five days from launch, people are done.

5 minutes dumb boss script doesnt keep anyone subbed.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

So the thread is over because (in your opinion) it is over when you personally say it is? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you dont rule the forums.

@OP - Yes, for me it is the only reason i am here at all. If Operations and PvP were removed, i would happily still be here. If story was removed and much more Operations and PvP maps were introduced... i would simply stop logging in until my time card is over... and forget this game even exists.

yeah thats all you would do is be "sitting there" lmao. And i guess you don't understand sarcasm?

Edited by SaerethDL

People play for the the most various reasons. Heck some probable are subbed to play the mini space game. Let their be stuff for all whether it's story, fp, ops, or PvP, crafting, or whatever. It's like eating the same thing over and over. Even if you like it a lot you take a break and sample something else if you so desire or you enjoy variety. Different strokes for different folks.