Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zenpasin
04.12.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by daibakuha View Post
No, it wouldn't have, they don't have the necessary gear to compete.
But someone who hit 50 today does? Again, please try and spend a minute or two and think it though mate.
(4/13/2012) Thank you for realizing that I dont have to be a level 50 to be a valuable customer.

rynxer
04.12.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1012
hmm looks like i wont be receiving a free 30 days, haven't gotten any emails yet

Freyar
04.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJagji View Post
Right, so why complain? Its a game. Its ment to be fun. You play it and have fun, or you don't play it and move on to a new game. Its like the Darksouls thing. Partion to get it to PC works. Everyone should be happy about it. But no, there not, becuse its going to use GFWL.

Be happy you HAVE a game to play, and get over your stupied ego. You play the game. You don't own it. NO ONE but the pupblsher owns a game. You don't ever EVER buy a game. You buy a licance to play the game. THAT is what you by. If you want to stop playing, then stop. But don't get court up in stupied little things that don't really effect even the game when it comes down to it. It just makes you look like a whingy little crybaby with no life when you do it.
Consumers have the money, the company wants the money. If the company wants the money, they need to please or fulfill a customer's need. It's as simple as that. Do I have a game to play? Sure. Do I have to be happy about how things are dealt with? No. Can I comment and discuss the ramifications of poor PR having on future press releases by Bioware and other MMO publishers/administrators? Yes.

Do you have a 50? I'm curious because you're sounding like our wonderful antagonist more than a reasonable individual that is willing to discuss pros, cons, and future.

JerokTalram
04.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenpasin View Post
This is where you are having the issue with the points being made. No one is saying that the subscribers didnt deserve something for the wait to 1.2 but why only the level 50 subscribers? I had to wait to change my armor color too? If I had a level 49 char today, I would have to wait until tomorrow to play the new warzone. Honestly, what makes a person with a level 50 char any more deserving than someone with a level 48 char?
Level 50 is a reasonable place for them to draw the line. It's been over 3 1/2 months since launch and if you are a regular and active player, you could have easily had at least one level 50 toon.

Maybe they should have based it on length of time subscribed but they didn't. If you want to make a request of BW that they expand the number of people who receive the free month to altaholics who have 50 toons but none over 30. Get a group together and make the request. Maybe BW will change the rules, more likely they will say no. But that's their Priviledge.

Styxx
04.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenpasin View Post
Was the content not also dropped for paying customers with level 48 and 49 chars who would have had access to it tomorrow or this weekend? You have failed to make even one rational point.
Tomorrow is not today, April 12th.

Could be 3 days from now.. or 10. It isn`t. It`s today.

[EDIT]You had almost 4 months to make it to "today". By all accounts it is not considered power leveling or "spacebaring". Nobody else`s fault but your own.

Pathlight-
04.12.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1016
Just got it. Thanks BW.

tekkamansoul
04.12.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by rynxer View Post
hmm looks like i wont be receiving a free 30 days, haven't gotten any emails yet
Me neither. I hate to naysay but throwing something like this out at the last minute, i bet a lot of accounts have slipped through the cracks.

HeavensAgent
04.12.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by daibakuha View Post
Why only level 50 subs? Because level 50 content was cut before 1.2 dropped, that's why.
Yes, but more than current level 50s are effected by the loss of that content. I was planning to reach 50 by the end of next week, and really enjoy ranked warzones.

If this is intended as a peace offering to those slighted by the removal of ranked warzones, it fails on that front as well. Just because my character is currently only level 45 does not mean I was not excited at the prospect of participating in organized PvP, and in turn upset by its removal.

TheJagji
04.12.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealthymakoto View Post
I can see where people like you are coming from, and that does suck. The people coming from the perspective of, "I have a 47, and a 40, and 30s, and... etc, etc" don't really make me want to root for their cause, as it seems like they're just trying to blame someone else for not going those last 3 levels, or what have you.

Being (inadvertently, as I'm sure it wasn't anyone's intent over at Bioware to offend the majority of their community) told that you're not one of the most valued customers on the other hand, is kind of a slap in the face.

Personally I wouldn't ever quit over something like that if I enjoyed the game itself (sticks and stones...) since it was almost certainly an unfortunate oversight, but I suppose I am a bit biased?
You Sir Speek Like a Logical Person. I cogratulat you on being sensable insted of a whiny ****.

Shadollan
04.12.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1020
Gelöscht