Those irritating whining skippers in HMs...

Yeah as the title says! I'm starting to be absolutely full of those whining people in Group Finder based Hard Modes who keep whining "spam that spacebar", "run through that boss" and who want to skip every single group of normal mobs. Constant whining "spam the spacebar, run through this and that because I have to and clean my room in 20 minutes because my mommy says so". I'm completely okey with skipping some of the useless mobs but skipping all middlebosses only to get the 5 daily BH comms is ridiculous...There are many people around who would find the possible columni drops very useful and could use the tionese crystals so killing normal bosses should be required to complete the HM Flashpoint.

A whole another story are those healers and tanks who just refuse to join into the fight because "they are so busy and do not need the drops". I have seen some of those who just sit outside the fight and tell people that "good luck soloing that boss because I won't come as I don't need the drops". Also those people who start to call other people names when they happen to pull the aggro from a random thrash group because they don't know how hard they will have to hug the wall to be able to skip it. Why are these skippers even playing the game if all they want is to skip everything but the last boss to get daily commendations?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree to an extent that bosses should not be skippable the fact is they are. As long as they are there WILL be people who want to skip them. This is just a fact of life in every game I have ever played that had group content.

There really are only a couple of remedies for it.

1. Form your own group and make sure everyone understands nothing will be skipped before you go.

2. Roll a tank. Most groups pretty much follow where the tank leads.

3. Get in a guild that regularly runs the content and is willing to not skip.

Coming to the forums is NOT going to put pressure on anyone to stop skipping things and is unlikely to have any effect whatsoever on BW/EA to change the mechanics of the HM.

Spam the spacebar should totally be expected. If you want to see the storyline in it, then run a regular mode version of it. Most of the regular FP's can be solo'd by someone who is running HM's.

Skipping bosses...most should be skipped if they can be. Half of them drop tionese only gear, which you should no longer need if you are getting your free tionese comms.

Calling people names....unacceptable but understandable. There's alot of idiocy people have to put up with in GF.

I recently ran D7 HM for the first time ever, as my Juggernaut. Apparently the 3 droid fight can wipe alot of parties if the tank is an idiot. My group had no problem on it. Ran it the next day as well...again, no problem.

Skipping fights because you don't need the drops? Total crap. I would start a vote to kick someone if they did this.

Yeah as the title says! I'm starting to be absolutely full of those whining people in Group Finder based Hard Modes who keep whining "spam that spacebar", "run through that boss" and who want to skip every single group of normal mobs. Constant whining "spam the spacebar, run through this and that because I have to and clean my room in 20 minutes because my mommy says so". I'm completely okey with skipping some of the useless mobs but skipping all middlebosses only to get the 5 daily BH comms is ridiculous...There are many people around who would find the possible columni drops very useful and could use the tionese crystals so killing normal bosses should be required to complete the HM Flashpoint.

A whole another story are those healers and tanks who just refuse to join into the fight because "they are so busy and do not need the drops". I have seen some of those who just sit outside the fight and tell people that "good luck soloing that boss because I won't come as I don't need the drops". Also those people who start to call other people names when they happen to pull the aggro from a random thrash group because they don't know how hard they will have to hug the wall to be able to skip it. Why are these skippers even playing the game if all they want is to skip everything but the last boss to get daily commendations?

You put them on ignore and forget them. That is how you solve your problem

As always, communication is the key.

Establish at the start if the group wants to skip or not. If they want to skip but you dont then you can drop group then and there and save everyone some time.

Personally, I'm in dread guard / campaign so have no use for anything at all except the daily, so when I run flashpoints my goal is to complete them in the shortest possible time so that I can move on and do something more enjoyable. I've run every flashpoint loads of times and they are just tedious to me now. However, if someone said right at the start that they needed / wanted to do all trash pulls / bosses, then at least I can make a choice then and there and avoid later confrontation.

The only time I don't advocate for spacebarring and skipping is if it is someones first time. Then I'm more than willing to take my time and help them enjoy the run. But honestly I'm not there for other people. I pay my sub and when Im doing a HM fp its to only do my daily and get out. I have zero need for hm fps outside of the hardmode daily 5 bh comm reward.

The only time I don't advocate for spacebarring and skipping is if it is someones first time. Then I'm more than willing to take my time and help them enjoy the run. But honestly I'm not there for other people. I pay my sub and when Im doing a HM fp its to only do my daily and get out. I have zero need for hm fps outside of the hardmode daily 5 bh comm reward.

If you are not there to play with others then maybe an MMO is not for you. Just saying there is a reason it is an MMO and most everyone in your group is paying real money to be there

Unfortunately you are the problem.

And endgame that propagates anti social behaviour.

Everything has happened as i have forseen loooooooooong before launch, endgame turned in anti social heaven. GG EA.

Edited by GrandMike

Play a bit longer and ull be skipping too

I'm a founder who has 4 50 levels and more coming and I still want to beat every boss in the HM so people who might need drops can get them. And those drops are free 10 000+ creds if one does not need them and sell them. I know how to skip most useless thrash in every single HM and I also do it when people do not want to do bonus bosses but I'm currently gearing up my newest 50 level and would like to do all the bosses for crystals, daily comms and drops.

Skipping useless thrash is okey, skipping Black Talon/Esseles boring convos is okey, but skipping all bosses is not when I think of it. Geared and skilled players beat those midlevel bosses on HMs in one minute, it's not like their day will be ruined if the HM takes 5 more minutes to beat.

I suggest you find like-minded individuals to play with since you seem intolerant of varying opinions...like a guild?! Otherwise, go with the flow. People do the FP's for the coins, not your pleasure.

Yeah as the title says! I'm starting to be absolutely full of those whining people

(Proceeds to whine about this scenario)

Hi pot, meet kettle.

In all honesty, I prefer to skip as much as possible, but I'm okay with people who want to do all the bosses, the bonus boss, etc. But many people who are using LFG finder are interested only in the BH comms so they're looking for the fastest way to obtain them. If you haven't done the storyline before, cool. But the bosses in the FP's drop terrible gear all the way through and you're better off buying BH pieces.

Hi pot, meet kettle.

In all honesty, I prefer to skip as much as possible, but I'm okay with people who want to do all the bosses, the bonus boss, etc. But many people who are using LFG finder are interested only in the BH comms so they're looking for the fastest way to obtain them. If you haven't done the storyline before, cool. But the bosses in the FP's drop terrible gear all the way through and you're better off buying BH pieces.

Pretty much.

If it weren't for the BH comms and the daily/weeklies, the hard mode flashpoints would be obsolete. That is reason just about everyone does them. The freebie gear is better than most of what drops in them, and story mode operations are much more effective for getting gear and not any harder.

Constant whining "spam the spacebar, run through this and that because I have to and clean my room in 20 minutes because my mommy says so".

Really? Clearly you've never been married, had kids, have a job, or anything else to do besides play this game.

Look Tionese should no longer be a problem as you get a crap ton of tokens now off the bat at 50 thanks to the new update. As for colmni I will gladly do bonus boss runs for colmni tokens, but we darn well are still skipping trash when we can and hitting space bar.

The only time cinematics should be acceptable is during story mode of flash points hence the word STORY in the name story mode.

Look I agree with some of the stuff, the group should take a vote on what do to not what the tank decides to do... unfortunately anyone who has rolled a tank knows group finder is practically instantaneous for them and they can afford to dip out even with the penalty time. A good way to fix that maybe a a group rating system where a good "group finder" rating will give you a higher priority in getting a group over someone who has a negative rating.

Other than that all you can really do is get a guild. A good guild will run a HM FP the way you want to even if your the only one who wants to because they are your friends.

Everything has happened as i have forseen loooooooooong before launch, endgame turned in anti social heaven. GG EA.

It's not EA, it's the community. I left GW2 in part because they had the same people there wanting to skip dungeons and speedrun for rewards. The difference with SWTOR, though, is I have a tank and a healer here. If you skip anything in the main path, you die. Period. GW2 lacks tanks and healers, so it's majority rules.

Games were designed to be played. I will not skip content that was put there on purpose. Spacebar a conversation I've seen 20+ times, sure, but not skip a group of mobs just because they're easy to ignore.

Plus, you have to plan for stupid. Plan for someone not paying attention running back from a respawn and aggroing that group you skipped. Not you have to wait even longer. Do them, it's faster.

If you are not there to play with others then maybe an MMO is not for you. Just saying there is a reason it is an MMO and most everyone in your group is paying real money to be there

What makes you think that just because that person chose to play this game he's entitled to hold your hand through content?

BW can't make people more patient and helpful. But, every single time someone in my group asked us to kill something we were about to skip, we've done it. What I don't get is the ppl who don't say anything during the fp then complain after the fact because they didn't get to kill something.

although I also skip by default I would never try and force skipping on someone and I also find it disturbing if someone forces skipping onto people who don't know the story yet.

I mean if theres someone listening to the voice overs I let them enjoy it and just relax. I really dont understand the hassle some people have.

Unfortunately you are the problem.

Its not endgame or anti social. If everyone in the group has already experienced it before then there is no reason to waste the time. Why spend unnecessary time in there when you can do more with the time you save? If you still need HMs you can run more HMs in a day by skipping and spacebarring. Its more efficient bottomline.

Games were designed to be played. I will not skip content that was put there on purpose. Spacebar a conversation I've seen 20+ times, sure, but not skip a group of mobs just because they're easy to ignore.

So when you're questing in the world zones do you engage every mob you see? Or do you try and avoid them?