Regardless of doom and gloom, i am renewing my subscription

CKNORTH

Yes I have at times jumped on the doom and gloom bandwagon. more so out of concern that EA wont follow through with keeping this game at its best interests. But I am really hoping that 6.0 makes a change for the better. EA has an opportunity here. they have the power to turn their SW games into something amazing. regardless if you like EA or not fact of the matter is I don't want to lose this game. and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Today was the day I had to decide if I was keeping my sub or not, and sometimes I feel this game is a train wreck that you cant stop watching over and over again. So with that I plan to get my 6 30 day time cards in hopes that even though I am just one person. people will make their decisions not based on whether EA is a good/bad company but just out of sheer love for the game and how much we don't want it to just disappear.

Anyhow this all might fall into oblivion. but I really hope that people can influence EA in a positive way for them to take notice and actually give this game a lot of TLC! Thanks! :)

SNIP...

Anyhow this all might fall into oblivion. but I really hope that people can influence EA in a positive way for them to take notice and actually give this game a lot of TLC! Thanks! :)

Simply not going to happen. EA has their sights on Anthem and it isn't changing for 2018 given the release of Anthem isn't till 2019.

That is where their TLC is and will be for the foreseeable future. The pitiful road map proved enough to me swtor will hobble along with $50-$70 sabers in the cartel market and very little new content or love in general for swtor.

My sub is staying because I enjoy the guild Im in. We have fun but I wont pretend it's because bioware is doing an amazing job on new, worth repeating content to keep me or that I think bioware will be doing anything amazing in the coming year.

Yes I have at times jumped on the doom and gloom bandwagon. more so out of concern that EA wont follow through with keeping this game at its best interests. But I am really hoping that 6.0 makes a change for the better. EA has an opportunity here. they have the power to turn their SW games into something amazing. regardless if you like EA or not fact of the matter is I don't want to lose this game. and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Me personally, I do not see any signs that 6.0 will be a turning point. Actually, what I take away from the roadmap is that more of the same cadence of updates (quantity and quality) like we had in 2017 will be the new status quo.

Today was the day I had to decide if I was keeping my sub or not, and sometimes I feel this game is a train wreck that you cant stop watching over and over again. So with that I plan to get my 6 30 day time cards in hopes that even though I am just one person. people will make their decisions not based on whether EA is a good/bad company but just out of sheer love for the game and how much we don't want it to just disappear.

There is a lot to like about this game. Really.

Yes, right now, it kinda feels like maintenance mode and that EA has this game as its lowest priority, but a lot of the existing content is fun, and good times can still be found in game.

I have a few days left in my current subscription, and I have not decided one way or the other if I will renew. And, even if I don't renew, it probably will just be a temporary break.

To say the least, even if I haven't renewed by the time 5.9 is released, I can see myself renewing to experience 5.9 and see what is supposedly the end of the traitor story arc.

Good post :)

SUCKERS!!!! :p

I've never let mine lapse since beta, don't intend to any time soon either. There's much more I believe Bioware can be doing, but despite all the issues I can find with this game, I still enjoy every minute I'm online in it. I hope everyone else can find the same level of enjoyment I do, despite flaws and despite the lack of development.

... I still enjoy every minute I'm online in it. I hope everyone else can find the same level of enjoyment I do, despite flaws and despite the lack of development.

About a week or so ago, I created a new Sentinel. I'm only around level 25 or mid twenties with that new character, but I have been having a great time leveling it up and going through the main and side quests.

This brings me back to something that I remembered about how much fun I had leveling up my very first character back in early to mid 2012.

I had fun leveling, and this was at a time when they didn't award you like a mlllion XP just for walking from the space port to the cantina. I would "take a break" from the class quests and do maybe Mandalorian Raiders or complete the Revan FPs. I would take maybe 1 or 2 other people with me, and we would enjoy ourselves in the FP instead of just trying to speed run it.

Me personally, I get annoyed when I'm in a group that wants to just run through all the mobs and rages when someone wants to actually watch the cut scenes instead of just space barring through all the cut scenes.

I get why people are this way, but I don't like it.

Thankfully, some of the more story intensive FPs are soloable now.

About a week or so ago, I created a new Sentinel. I'm only around level 25 or mid twenties with that new character, but I have been having a great time leveling it up and going through the main and side quests.

This brings me back to something that I remembered about how much fun I had leveling up my very first character back in early to mid 2012.

I had fun leveling, and this was at a time when they didn't award you like a mlllion XP just for walking from the space port to the cantina. I would "take a break" from the class quests and do maybe Mandalorian Raiders or complete the Revan FPs. I would take maybe 1 or 2 other people with me, and we would enjoy ourselves in the FP instead of just trying to speed run it.

Me personally, I get annoyed when I'm in a group that wants to just run through all the mobs and rages when someone wants to actually watch the cut scenes instead of just space barring through all the cut scenes.

I get why people are this way, but I don't like it.

Thankfully, some of the more story intensive FPs are soloable now.

I did click the unsub button, but I was on a 6 month plan, so I have until July to decide if it's worth it again or not. I'm hoping that after Anthem comes out, they'll give a little back to us. Hopeful, but not stupid, so I know I'm dreaming. It's a nice dream, though :D.

I was put off of group content by those kinds of people. Only really got into the FPs after they made them soloable. I only group with RL friends now. We get together at my place, order pizza, and play this game. Usually do uprisings. Fun times, and I'd be sad for them to end.

Me personally, I get annoyed when I'm in a group that wants to just run through all the mobs and rages when someone wants to actually watch the cut scenes instead of just space barring through all the cut scenes. I get why people are this way, but I don't like it.

It's been like that since everyone became so obsessed with getting every character they have to GC level 300. You had it before but not to this degree (server merges also seem to have increased the incivility markedly). You might as well rename "Group Finder" to "Hammer Station Finder" because that is about all you will get for a flashpoint now. What I would like to see is some kind of loyalty reward to those that have remained subbed for multiple years. Something like adding 2-5 unlocked character slots per year subbed since those people likely are at or beyond their maximum number of characters available because of the server merges. Personally, I would have to buy between 5 and 8 unlocks just to make one more character on either North American server. I have space on the European server but its connectivity is dodgy for me, sometimes its fine with 200+ ms lag and other times it is downright unplayable.

Edited by DWho

But I am really hoping that 6.0 makes a change for the better. EA has an opportunity here. they have the power to turn their SW games into something amazing.

One of the things about Keith's 'roadmap' that seems to have been missed is the comment, "we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update." In other words, they've just started outlining 6.0 relatively recently. It's not even in the 'it'll be out soon' state. Nor is it a definite thing yet.

Play the game as long as it's fun for you. F2P or preferred status aren't genuinely viable status for enjoying the game imo. So renew as long as it's fun, renewing because BW might do something or you hope... is not so much a good thing.

Flaws and all, I like this game. I have a lot of fun playing with friends and creating characters and backstories for them. I would love to see more in depth content but I can still enjoy what there already is. My sub dropped once because my computer crashed and even after repairs just couldn't handle the game anymore. The second I had a computer that could play the game again, my sub was renewed.

For me the bottom line is this, I enjoy the game. It's true that my sub alone doesn't keep the game running, but it's also true that if everyone jumps ship this game absolutely will close. So for me the choice is simple, I want to play the game and will do so as long as I can. I'd rather have the game limping than no game at all. So, my sub will remain intact until there is no longer anything to subscribe to.

I am here till the bitter end. I was here back in 2008 when BioWare and the old LucasArts made a cryptic announcement about "a new interactive game", and used to participate in the thread on the now-gone BioWare forums. Then I was here for the official announcement and the unbelievable hype. The debate about the game's release date, the classes, the playable species, all of that.

On Fridays they used to have some sort of big reveal or developer video, and the community would wait breathlessly all week for any new bits of info. If nothing new was revealed, the forums would absolutely meltdown. Hell, if the update wasn't released by 10am PST on Friday, the forums would implode. If you don't believe me, I'm sure you can google it. It was hilarious in a sad way. (The community was pretty terrible back then. But then again, Star Wars fans in general are among the worst in all of fandom. That is not debatable.)

So I've been here from the beginning, and I'll be here when they turn the lights out. :)

SUCKERS!!!! :p

I've never let mine lapse since beta, don't intend to any time soon either. There's much more I believe Bioware can be doing, but despite all the issues I can find with this game, I still enjoy every minute I'm online in it. I hope everyone else can find the same level of enjoyment I do, despite flaws and despite the lack of development.

I don't always agree with TUX, but I do agree with this particular post.

I was in the beta, and have maintained my sub since launch.

For me, the game costs 12.99/month ( 6 month sub ).

I think the cost is quite reasonable for the amount of time I can spend playing the game. If I only spend 3 hours a week, the cost is < 1 dollar / hour for a quality interactive game.

I don't always agree with TUX, but I do agree with this particular post.

I was in the beta, and have maintained my sub since launch.

For me, the game costs 12.99/month ( 6 month sub ).

I think the cost is quite reasonable for the amount of time I can spend playing the game. If I only spend 3 hours a week, the cost is < 1 dollar / hour for a quality interactive game.

To each their own. I've also been here since beta and just cancelled. It's not worth it to me at this point. Nope, not that expensive but with the current state ... time to move on until or unless they come up with a real game plan. But that's me, others obviously disagree and they're quite free to do so.

To each their own. I've also been here since beta and just cancelled. It's not worth it to me at this point. Nope, not that expensive but with the current state ... time to move on until or unless they come up with a real game plan. But that's me, others obviously disagree and they're quite free to do so.

We will mourn the loss of the referral link in your sig when you're gone.

Here since Beta, maintanined my sub uninterrupted since launch. Not cancelling yet. I am on a month-by-month subscription, so I can make a snap decision and end it, or not. I am taking this game one day at a time.

I don't have a lot of hope that I'll be happy about the amount of content that they will add, but I hope to enjoy enough about the game to make it worth $15. The day that I feel like I haven't gotten $15 out of a whole month, I'll click the button. That day hasn't come yet.

A large part of it is the guild that I run and the people that I am with in the game. Without them I probably would have clicked that button already, because there certainly isn't much engaging about SWTOR for me in the last year or more. I don't suppose that's too big a surprise when you've been here as long as some of us have, but there are people that play other games for much longer than we've played SWTOR and they are still getting new content enough to keep them busy and grinding (happily, I might add).

So meh, I don't know. I will reassess next week but I am interested to see this conquest revamp, so it's likely safe to say that at least March is guaranteed for me. Probably April too, but everything is fairly tentative for me right now otherwise with this game.

I am happy to hear that you've made that decision. All these people claiming to unsubscribe has taken its toll on me and caused me a great deal of stress. I am not mad at them; they are frustrated for the same reasons I would be and that is because we all love this game or rather, what it could be. I hate to see people go, but it is their choice and their money and it is neither of our responsibility to entice ourselves to come back or stay; that is completely up to Bioware and EA.

I have my reasons to stay subscribed, so I am not worried about me, but I would still very much like to see them doing things that would bring people in, even if I myself wouldn't care about these things.

No one is wrong about what they want from a game and for their money, but I always try to help them see things in a different perspective, albeit poorly, but still. Ultimately, it is up to Bioware and EA to do that. I cannot and I should not fight their war for them.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

We will mourn the loss of the referral link in your sig when you're gone.

My top secret plan, know only by me -- and now just you, is to cancel for 91 days, then renew on a refer a friend style program, getting all the bonuses and ensuring some unsuspecting player gets an additional monthly cartel coin grant and another pet.

What could possibly go wrong?

My top secret plan, know only by me -- and now just you, is to cancel for 91 days, then renew on a refer a friend style program, getting all the bonuses and ensuring some unsuspecting player gets an additional monthly cartel coin grant and another pet.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well I would just like To thank the person who just clicked my link, was very unexpected and I am Grateful! Thanks!! :D

i consider this game as entertainment and it cost usd 15 permonth mean usd 0.5 per day

and i still enjoy the content since i pvp only and do some pve if new fp come up , so i think it is still worth and i enjoy the game

its nice to hear that people do feel this way. sometimes a lot of people only focus on the negative and it tends to reflect a lot of the mood on the forums. subscribing for me is just one of those things about this game I want to keep active. Also I like the extra perks sometimes that is only offered to subscribers. if your any type of collector you look forward to those perks. at least I do. and my main content is pretty much 1-50 those planets is where I spend most of my time. RoTHC and beyond is always a new experience for me because I tend to not focus on that part of the game as much. :)

I'm currently Subbed through to Mid-March.

Whether that Sub is extended will depend entirely on what I see from Bioware between now and then.

I too am still enjoying most parts of the game, but this in spite of Bioware's (current team) efforts, not because of them.

98% of the enjoyment I still derive from the game come from Pre-KotFE content; 90%+ of that I feel has been done badly is from the KotFE onward content.

All The Best

but a lot of the existing content is fun, and good times can still be found in game.

Good post :)

Absolutely, I love Steve Blum so I made another inquisitor not only because I like the story a lot but because I can get my fill of Andronikos Revel.

The old content is still excellent and I still love it. I only buy time cards now though because I do believe it's in maintenance mode and what little we will get is just to keep us around.

My subs been auto renewing since waaaaaaay back when, so no point in stopping now.

Since i'm new to game and i still have a lot of content to play i will renew my sub for at least a few months. What i'm not going to do - play the Jedi Consular class, don't want to be the only one who will never see the class companions again.

While you don't have to play through KOTFE, I'd still suggest you play through the class story. While not at the top of my favorites list, it's still an enjoyable story with a surprising twist that connects it to the other classes.