Genuine Questions about the Road Map for @Keith/@Eric

PennyAnn

As for the bit about augments, to me it reads like "we have already introduced new augments, and in the new FP we will also add schematics for [them/the 230s]. The previous bullet point (also) first refers to something they already did, then moves on to what will happen. Then with the one about the augments, it's first something they did ("We’ve added powerful new Augments") and then what they're going to do ("In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns") also.

Not a dev-response, but.. hmm, thought it was worth posting anyway. :p

Edited by cyrusramsey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked some very good but very hard questions.

I tend to believe if we aren't getting an official answer to a question it's either because they themselves don't know or we won't like the answer.

I am reminded of the 4.x era. People were asking pretty much the same question all the time, "when are we getting more ops?"

The best answer we got, I think, was "we're not ready to talk about it."

Looking back, we know that they weren't ready to talk about new ops back in 4.x because no new ops were being planned. The answer to the question about new ops would have upset people.

So, it's probably the same line of thinking. We aren't getting answers to the hard questions because a) they don't know or b) we really won't like the answer.

Just an opinion, though.

Some of that I totally understand! But not answering things like: Will the currency for the new conquest stuff be legacy? Or: How will having one boss in the raid be at Master level affect completion of the Veteran Mode for weeklies? Or: What currency will be used to purchase items from the Izax vendor?

These are strict procedural questions for content they have confirmed they are adding to the game. I'm not asking them to spoil story, or upcoming content that they can't be sure they will add, or answer questions they don't have answers to right now.

If they don't have answers to something as simple as what currency the vendors they have already confirmed are going in the game, then we're in waaaay worse shape than any of us thought.

As for the bit about augments, to me it reads like "we have already introduced new augments, and in the new FP we will also add schematics for [them/the 230s]. The previous bullet point (also) first refers to something they already did, then moves on to what will happen. Then with the one about the augments, it's first something they did ("We’ve added powerful new Augments") and then what they're going to do ("In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns") also.

Not a dev-response, but.. hmm, thought it was worth posting anyway. :p

Agreed! It's worth supposing, because it would make more sense to NOT be adding yet another new tier of augments to the game already. But again, this is something they have announced that they ARE doing, and yet they are answering zero procedural questions about how these will work and giving any detail at all about how it will play out.

This is another example of a question that shouldn't be considered "tough" to answer unless they just have no idea what they are doing a few weeks ahead of when they are actually doing it.

I don't really think that's the case. I think likely they are too busy to even stop and communicate with us if there is any hope that the 5 of them can even produce what little content is in the "road map" for the next 60 days. They aren't biting their tongue, they are just unable to respond because they don't even have time to read the forums or type a response - even when that's their JOB (*cough* community manager *cough*).

These are just guesses also, because once again, the silence is deafening and we're talking in an echo chamber that lacks information from the only people that can give us any. And for whatever reason, they just aren't.

Honestly, they didn't answer much from the official thread either. So much for "discussion". I'm sure there are more questions in the thread that could be moved over here, but I doubt they are paying any attention to this thread given the lack of response to anything here.

Shame, but it's kind of come to be expected these days.

Honestly, they didn't answer much from the official thread either. So much for "discussion". I'm sure there are more questions in the thread that could be moved over here, but I doubt they are paying any attention to this thread given the lack of response to anything here.

Shame, but it's kind of come to be expected these days.

Concur in full. The temerity of their unwillingness to respond is twofold: 1) You took the time to cull through the pointless, preening prattle that the main thread started to devolve into regarding personal romance choices and selected saliently the questions that could be easily answered and were not thematic in nature; and 2) their unwillingness to answer has a direct impact on our gameplay prior to the release of the update.

To wit: Setting aside the argument (which is persuasive) that the introduction of a whole new augment tier is surreal, many of us, myself included, were gathering mats for the latest tier as well as MK-10 slots. If those mats / slots are now obsolete, I would do other activities. For PvP-ers, the issue is more relevant.

Note I said unwillingess vice inability. It is even more problematic if one month out they don't know the answers to said questions.

Regardless, while we only have the privilege to post on these forums as guests, it is certainly within our purview to evaluate their performance and what is undeniably the concomitant truth: We choose what to do with our money and evaluate whether paying for that privilege is worth it.

Thanks for pulling this together and see you on the flip side of 6.0 assuming there is actual content. My main reason for staying subbed was communication -- given that this variable is now deemed deficient and is a constant mired in mediocrity...

My Hutt-like intelligence has led me to the inexorable conclusion that F2P is the correct choice for the time being.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Concur in full. The temerity of their unwillingness to respond is twofold: 1) You took the time to cull through the pointless, preening prattle that the main thread started to devolve into regarding personal romance choices and selected saliently the questions that could be easily answered and were not thematic in nature; and 2) their unwillingness to answer has a direct impact on our gameplay prior to the release of the update.

To wit: Setting aside the argument (which is persuasive) that the introduction of a whole new augment tier is surreal, many of us, myself included, were gathering mats for the latest tier as well as MK-10 slots. If those mats / slots are now obsolete, I would do other activities. For PvP-ers, the issue is more relevant.

Note I said unwillingess vice inability. It is even more problematic if one month out they don't know the answers to said questions.

Regardless, while we only have the privilege to post on these forums as guests, it is certainly within our purview to evaluate their performance and what is undeniably the concomitant truth: We choose what to do with our money and evaluate whether paying for that privilege is worth it.

Thanks for pulling this together and see you on the flip side of 6.0 assuming there is actual content. My main reason for staying subbed was communication -- given that this variable is now deemed deficient and is a constant mired in mediocrity...

My Hutt-like intelligence has led me to the inexorable conclusion that F2P is the correct choice for the time being.

Dasty

Ohhhh this is a nail in the coffin of my heart. You will be missed, friend. But I can't argue with your logic (or your stellar vocabulary). See you on the other side, I sincerely hope. <3