Defeating of Councillor Saiak

TheeGhostt

I have a problem to defeat the Councilor Saiak during my Jedi campaign.

I simply cannot defeat him at all and most frustrating is, that I cannot even damage him. Most of my attacks are without any effect, even Force abilities have effect on him.

Is this because I am have week gear or there is some different problem?

I have a problem to defeat the Councilor Saiak during my Jedi campaign.

I simply cannot defeat him at all and most frustrating is, that I cannot even damage him. Most of my attacks are without any effect, even Force abilities have effect on him.

Is this because I am have week gear or there is some different problem?

Probably it is because you haven't levelled up enough. If you are fighting an enemy that is six or more levels higher than you, you can't hurt it at all. Go away from the encounter and do stuff to gain experience.

It might also help to explain which kind of Jedi you are (Knight or Consular), and where in the story this person is (i.e. which planet).

Thank you for your information.

Level different is about 5. I am not sure, this is big difference. Seems strange to me. But perhaps you are right.

And I am playing for consular - shadow.

I am on the end game phase of The Old Republic on Corelia.

if I were you, I'd do a few flashpoints/some PvP/run a few planets worth of heroics, depending on what you prefer to do, to get a few more levels. Even one or two more will help you a lot.

With regards to that particular fight, if I recall it correctly you need to keep moving out of his AoE and do your best to interrupt his casts.

Good luck.

Thank you for your information.

Level different is about 5. I am not sure, this is big difference. Seems strange to me. But perhaps you are right.

It's a common problem - historically it was essential to take pretty much any mission you came across in order to stay near the correct level, but progressively that has been made less necessary, and since 4.0, it's *almost* possible to do just the class story missions, especially during "double XP" times. Almost, but not quite.

But if you're a long way below, then that means you haven't been doing enough missions along the way. In theory, it is supposed to be possible to stay at the right level by running the class story and the "purple triangle" <Story Arc> missions on each planet. Those <Story Arc> missions are usually given by NPCs in the spaceport or the orbital station, or on the ground just outside the spaceport (example: Republic Taris), but on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas, the NPCs are ... elsewhere:

* On Dromund Kaas, the NPC is Sandor who stands near the taxi station at The Wall.

* On Coruscant, the NPC is a lady Senator talking to Gree droids in a room of the side of the main hall of the Senate Tower, on the *right* as you face into the building. You have to have finished the Migrant Merchants' Guild segment of the class story before the mission will be available.

additionally to SteveTheCynic:

There are additional short purple arcs on Taris Rep and Balmorra Imp.

On Taris Rep it's the short arc you get a serum either from the twilek doctor (dark) or from Dynamet General Hospital (light), testing the serum by getting an infusion, getting infected by the rakghoul disease and check results on a medic droid.

There's a little 3 or 4 Missions arc on Balmorra Imp, but I don't remember where to start... I think it was the starting base of the Makaran Plains...

Thanks for all these comments and tips to all of you.

It is true I have skipped several missions because I was really boring on that planet.

But I would never realized, it could have such impact for my story missions.

I will try to accomplish any arc stories which will be possible and add some heroic mission (to be honest, I didn't try yet :))