Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Bioware remove a bit from Ashara's story arc in Taris?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did Bioware remove a bit from Ashara's story arc in Taris?

Darevsool
05.26.2019 , 12:31 PM | #11
After getting each of these toons up to Tier 1 (light & dark sides) I went back and did the story (that I canceled out of earlier) briefing again.

This time, the light/dark conversation with keeper activated.

Dark Side = 'you were brutal' and light side = 'you were soft' exchanges.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

ceryxp
05.26.2019 , 01:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
Originally, when the game launched, leveling was slower. You did more of the side quests just to keep your level on par with the story. Consequently, your dark side points were higher by the time you got to the various choices.
Don't forget that they also increased the number of points needed per tier. Originally we only needed 1000 points for tier 1, now it's 3000. Tier 5 used to be 10000 but now that doesn't even get you to tier 2, which is 20000. While we used to get fewer alignment points in normal play the requirements per tier were a lot lower (everything except tier 1 increased by a factor of 10). I remember doing farming groups in Esseles for alignment, affection, and social points. Now, you really have to commit to your alignment to reach those tiers needed in order to trigger those alignment based reactions.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Senden
05.26.2019 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
After getting each of these toons up to Tier 1 (light & dark sides) I went back and did the story (that I canceled out of earlier) briefing again.

This time, the light/dark conversation with keeper activated.

Dark Side = 'you were brutal' and light side = 'you were soft' exchanges.
Thanks for testing that out. I'll focus my Agent on going one way then. It's annoying with agents because I'd choose based upon what makes most sense for an Agent and usually I found it to be quite split in my choices.

robertthebard
05.26.2019 , 02:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Senden View Post
Thanks for testing that out. I'll focus my Agent on going one way then. It's annoying with agents because I'd choose based upon what makes most sense for an Agent and usually I found it to be quite split in my choices.
Just set the DvL toggle to whichever you prefer, and run with it. It's what I do, and I'm not having any issues getting the desired results.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Joluka
05.27.2019 , 02:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Senden View Post
Yeah, thanks for that. This is an issue with the Sith Inquisitor at the end of Act 1, too, when Zash is talking to you about promoting you to a Lord, and if youíre Neutral she gives you the Light Side speech: ďIt seems the teachings of Korriban have had scant influence on you. How many times did you have the choice to expand your power base yet stayed your hand?Ē

Like, nani? Iím the future Darth Occlus, dear, not Imperius. Iíve been expanding my power base every step of the way. I havenít made *one* decision that has been detrimental to my rise to power, and youíre calling me merciful? Iíve been shocking fools and mind controlling them, does that sound like Iíve been ďstaying my hand?Ē

When youíre in Dark Side Tier I she praises you, even though a lot of the DS decisions you can make involve you screwing over future allies. Itís real strange, and I think if youíre LS Tier I, you get that same quote at the start, which obviously makes sense, but there should be one for neutrality.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."