Flashpoints and story

So, the biggest thing setting SWTOR apart from other MMOs is the story element. Right?

I've played through Esseles a few times, and the Imperial counterpart (is it Black Talon) a couple of times. And they are SO much fun!

I absolutely love being in a group and making a conversation choice and then waiting to see which one of the group gets to answer and what their answer will be. Especially when it's a big light/dark side choice!

So, why is it that none of the other Flashpoints have this?

I'm up to level 37 on my main and I can't claim to have done all the Flashpoints in the game. But everything after Esseles so far has been pretty generic with hardly any conversation at all and just one fight after another. I barely even know what the storyline or the goal is half the time.

I really wish they would add more story elements into the other flashpoints. Or more flashpoints like Esseles with lots of dialog and choices.

Am I alone in this?

I was listening to a podcast where it was mentioned that it feels like they started the show with a showstopper in regards to Flashpoints. Hopefully they are not shy about modifying existing Flashpoints to bring them up to par.

It's so tricky because of the voice acting, though. Would they just revamp the whole thing? Would they be willing to get rid of dialogue that was paid for and recorded and just doesn't work with a redesign?

Time will tell, but the hope is that even if the current FPs remain the same, FPs that come in the future are way more tailored. Besides, if you don't like the story, then spacebar your way through it and group up with people that do the same. Which is usually most people if you've already run it once.

Yeah, I don't see why space-barring through is a problem.

Do we have any real numbers on how many people are actually listening to the dialog and how many are just hitting space?

In my experience, most of the people in the Flashpoints are actually paying attention. I base this on the fact that I've had discussions in chat about the decisions people make.

And if someone wants to space through, so what? That just means that they have to sit around and wait for the rest of us to watch the video, anyway.

Anyway, if they left all the existing Flashpoints as they are and then added new ones that are on a par with Esseles, I would be very happy. :)