Sorc or Op for PVP??

Valtro

What class has the best combination of Heals/Survivability/DPS?

I just started and have my Sorc to 14. I understand I don't have all the spells/abilities yet. It is fun to play and I do well until I get chain CC'd by 2-3 people and die. I am used to WoW where I can at least get out of a situation like this or at least last longer than 5 sec.

I usually prefer ranged classes but am willing to give Operative a try if it is significantly better in PVP.

I would suggest playing both to around 30 so you can get a feel for them,myself my main is a scoundrel and having stealth is very great both in PVE and PvP.

I also have a Sage at lvl 40 and i dont know if its due to me playing my main mostly but i have a tougher time reacting fast with my sage,but again i believe it's due to me being able to play my main almost blind,i do envy the Sage/Sorc group heals and their DOT's damage wise can be very unforgiving,so if your looking for a DPS too id say Sorc until or if they ever buff Op's/Scoundrels.

Ive not played a sorc healer to high levels... but agent healers are pretty viable if you know how to play them.

you can bail fairly easy, your heals are not bad at all and your defenses are good if you know how to stun and run lol

Ops have better survivability and IMO a much more interesting healing style than Sorcs do. They also have a much better way to manage their resource than our badly designed Consumption. Sorcs are turret healers that require a lot of support in competitive PvP to in turn support their teams properly. I play a sorc as my main and love it - but I have Op healing envy sometimes :D

Ops if you want to be top heals more often and more easily. I usually prioritize healing Ops healers with my healer Sorc since they have so much heal burst. But Sorc heals are highly mobile and have tons of utility -- force pull is great for Huttball for example. You can kite forever with a Sorc healer but ultimately, yeah, you need team support to survive. Edited by DroidDreamer

Ops do well for ok players and they excel for excellent pvpers

Sorcs are not for people who have weak stomachs. A great sorc healer makes their team a nightmare to deal with. A baddie sorc healer may as well not even be there.

Im told us Sorcs have good aoe heals for ops but otherwise people usually stear clear of sorcs and generally with good reason.

I hybrid heal/dmg sorcs in wz and really enjoy it the utility etc but you have to be prepared to say, its quite a struggle but i muddle through, otherwise go with the other option.

What class has the best combination of Heals/Survivability/DPS?

I just started and have my Sorc to 14. I understand I don't have all the spells/abilities yet. It is fun to play and I do well until I get chain CC'd by 2-3 people and die. I am used to WoW where I can at least get out of a situation like this or at least last longer than 5 sec.

I usually prefer ranged classes but am willing to give Operative a try if it is significantly better in PVP.

Then, go operative.

They say Sorcerers have better AOE heals but you will find 90% of Sorcerers not even using it in PvP.

It works fine against people who are new to the game with lack of knowledge how abilities work. However, those times are gone and ability of every class is known by every player. If things go wrong at least you can use Stealth - the best thing you can have in this game, not to mention as a healer ! :)

The AOE heal has value, but it's limited by people's willingness to fight within it. when I was a 31 point healer, I'd tell people beginning of warzone "fight on the node/door, or you won't get the aoe heals". Even as a 21 point hybrid now, there's nothing more frustrating for a turret healer (i.e., sorcerers) when your target you try to heal runs out of sight, too.

If you are a primary PvPer, and aren't biased either way, go operative. It takes a fair amount of skill to do a sorcerer in PvP well. It's fun though. Not that operative isn't - I wouldn't know.

Edited by islander

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I am going to keep going with the Sorcerer. I enjoy it and it is more familiar to me. I leveled an Op up a little bit and just couldn't get into it.

It seems I do better with the Sorcerer when I want to dps/off heal than I was doing with the Operative. It could be because the last melee class I played was 10 years ago.

Maybe after I level this toon I may give the Op another go. Or maybe even the Merc. My friend says stay away from the Merc. He is also a sorcerer. I didn't want to be the same class as him but oh well, he said we can just spam bubble stun in the WZ's. lol

anyway......where can I find info on a good current PVP dps spec. I don't want to go full heals while I am leveling.