Significant credit cost increase on decoration merchant, why?

The-Kaitou-Kid

So, I was looking at the decoration merchant after the patch and noticed that almost all of the decorations they have for sale have increased in cost dramatically since pre patch. For one example, the basic civilian table used to cost 500 credits. It now costs 7500 credits. That's a 1400% increase in price. Not all of the items were touched, it seems like the more expensive decorations kept their prices, but anything that used to be less than 1000 credits is now much more expensive. The only exception to that I see is the Yavin Temple Pottery, which is still 500 credits.

I noticed in the patch notes that credit costs were changed in various areas, but why change these so significantly? These are basic decorations, it seems really strange to me to increase the price on them so heavily. The inconsistency is odd as well. The items that used to be expensive on that vendor are now the cheaper options since only the cheaper decorations were increased so significantly. I just don't understand this at all.

This absolutely makes no sense whatsoever OP. Clueless is what the aim is for. Clearly they want to detour future strongholds from materializing. I been gone from the game for two or three years also noticing inflation all over the CM items on the GTN. SMH

I'm curious about the pricing change for some items Felucia carries. The CSM tokens were 750 credits each before 6.0 went live. Now, they're 5000 credits each. That's an insane price hike. Did the Cartel Market Certificate drop rate from CSMs get a massive increase, too? I get, and agree with, trying to make more credit sinks ingame. But, I was hoping to see things that a variety of players would want to purchase repeatedly as credit sinks. Pricing a basic table to 7500 credits doesn't make it any more appealing. A player who might have dropped credits for 10 basic tables before may well disregard getting the table at all. That's not a credit sink.

Just jacking up prices for items that have the appeal and possibiliy of being repeatedly purchased is counter-intuitive as a credit sink. If BW wanted to make a credit sink out of decos for credits, they should have lowered the price of each deco. Even for the ones I like I will not buy those decos at their new, much higher price. Zero credits spent. If BW had lowered the cost of those decos (not a lot, even just 50 to 100 credit price reduction per item), I would have bought enough to top out the max allowed of each deco. Voila, credit sink.

You know what's funny? I had an abundance of command tokens so was buying 230 weapons, slotting them with a crystal, and then selling them back. With the credits I made I decided to finally go ahead and purchase any of the basic decos I hadn't maxed out on (which was most of them). So I bought enough of each deco to get me to max (haven't unlocked yet as that is a Hutt tonne of decos), but I stopped at the 2.5k credit decos. Now I'm wondering if I could sell those back at a higher price than I bought them (not going to do that because, ya know, I bought them for a reason, but just wondering). Lucky me that I bought all the cheaper stuff already.

I wonder if the devs realize that increasing prizes on everything only hurts those of us who did NOT cheat to gain free credits during all of the bugs. Those who cheated, will still be rich even if they buy a deco or two. Me, I'll have to sell my gear and my mount to afford it. Nice reward for following the rules. Edited by Stellarcrusade

This is a new level of *********** low. Congrats BW. Even selling the contraband machine for 1500cc on the store. I bet they nerfed the win % even further as well, they certainly won't be raising them. 5000 credits per token... what a *********** laugh...

First they were 500 credits per token > then > 750 credits per token > Now 5000? ***!!!

https://cdn-cms.f-static.com/uploads/1658228/2000_5c93ca5e448df.png

We know what you did to the prices and you can just undo them. This is not acceptable.

Okay seriously... those are the most basic decorations, intended for new players to try out strongholds.

It is a major mistake to increase the price.

Level 1-50 class missions don't earn any more than they used to, and strongholds are advertised to characters at level 20, so it needs to stay balanced for the newbies.

Edited by Xina_LA

Stronghold decorations were too OP. They needed a nerf. Of all the problems with the game, this was clearly the most glaring one!

So make sure you raise those prices! And, while you’re at it, go break another completely unrelated system like the crew passives for GSF! Oh, and make sure that story, and companions, you know the things that are the meat of the expansion, go ahead and make sure that’s broken too! Because story is OP. And crafting is OP too. And Conquest, too OP.

Edited by phalczen

You know, I am sure that if they were to explain their rationale for doing this, it will all ... make even less sense than it does now.

It would probably sound something like this:

"We wanted to ensure that the costs of decoration items are consistent with our goals for stronghold decoration. We are open to considering the possibility of listening to feedback on this matter within a maximum of six months to a year. Time subject to change and total abandonment of this as a priority of any kind, provided people stop talking about it for long enough."