Tharan Cedrax Missing After Completing End of Onslaught Story on Consulars

arunav

I've had Tharan Cedrax as one of my companions on my Shadow ever since 4.0 in 2016 let us retrieve missing companions from the Odessen terminal. Before that, he's been at my side since 1.0 on my main. He's even someone I raised to influence level 50.

Tharan Cedrax is seen in the Corellia FP briefly in the Onslaught story. After running into him, all his gear is put into the player character's inventory.

After finishing the FP and all other story, he's never seen again in our companion list. Tharan Cedrax is also missing from companions on the Consular's ship.

I think the developers somehow missed this - unlike other companion returns, he did not rejoin the class like he's supposed to.

Unfortunately, the Odessen terminal doesn't work for getting Tharan Cedrax back either.

What should Consular players do?

Losing a class companion is particularly upsetting. Can you please let the appropriate people know Eric?

Edited by arunav

Ugh. Not me.

He's awful. I don't want him on my ship. I did the kill 1000 mobs achievement with him on level 1 mobs to do it as quickly as possible, then put him away forever.

Not that it's fair that one class gets singled out to be short a companion. That ain't right.

In a way I prefer this. In a game where maxing companion influence is an epic grind and it is useful to have multiple max influence compaions, making me permanently dismiss him by choice would be difficult. Him simply never being seen again is easier.

His Alliance Alert recruitment will come in an upcoming patch :)

How "upcoming" because this is seriously getting ridiculous. It has taken four years for you to get around to returning the last two Knight companions and us Consulars are still sitting here missing two companions.

Edited by ceryxp

His Alliance Alert recruitment will come in an upcoming patch :)

Thank you. While we're at it, can you please confirm whether no longer being able to reclaim Quinn/Elara from Odessen terminal is intentional? It was possible to do it since 5.2. and many characters still have it, but after doing Ossus the one who didn't join you in Iokath is removed from the companion list and no longer appears as an option in the terminal.

• 4 weeks later...

NEVER tie story and meta aspects together like this again - it was annoying as hell losing companions to story, but having some that are not available on the terminal and just disappear when they also serve as support for both combat and crew skills, and have been leveled to be more effective at those roles, just pisses me off.

If you want to take a 50 companion of mine for story - give me a 50 token so I can auto level another of the dozens of useless companions I've been saddled with since KOTFE.

The good news is that Keith, lead producer for those just recently joining us, wrote earlier this month...

Hey everyone,

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:

You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.

Happy Holidays,

Keith

With that said, I completely agree with DawnAsk about the broader issue of making companions unavailable, even for a short period of time. I'm lucky that I have lots of alts to play, but the first character I ran through Onslaught not only had Tharan (spelled the non-stupid way) as her love interest, but as her only level 50 companion.

Needless to say, I was annoyed when I couldn't even get him from the Odessan Terminal. Happy he's returning, but DawnAsk, is right -- this is a mistake that's easy to avoid.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It is now February, and there is still no Theran Cedrax......I have the alliance notice mission, but Theran is just not there.....

an update on this would be nice guys........

I’ve got I’m back. You meet him in Dr. Whatsisnamehut’s lab.