Oceanic Servers plans?

Aztang

Not surprised at all, perhaps a bit annoyed though. It is a customer service issue. I want to know if it's going to happen or at least if I can get my toons transfered, wrote a ticket in game a few days ago with no reply yet! Customer service is getting worse on this game.

Oh, I know. When I started realizing how bad the game was, I spent a good while reading through some of the post requesting information on Paid Server Transfers, last I checked, that thread had 27 pages and not a single freaking CSR post. Sad really. BioWare's attitude seems to be, "Pay us or just leave. Either way we'll continue to ignore you."

I played WOW on a US server with Aussies and you guys are great to play MMO's with. I think another thing I missed about this game is playing with you guys. The different cultures really add to a server and I hope you guys realize a lot of Americans like playing MMO's with you.

Never played an MMO with a lot of Aussies, I did meet a couple while waiting for the shopette to open early one morning while deployed in Afghanistan. Pretty cool getting to know people from different countries, and thats the best thing in an MMOG. Americans playing with Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Japanese, etc, etc. As long as you're not an ****** I dont care where you're from. :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played an MMO with a lot of Aussies, I did meet a couple while waiting for the shopette to open early one morning while deployed in Afghanistan. Pretty cool getting to know people from different countries, and thats the best thing in an MMOG. Americans playing with Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Japanese, etc, etc. As long as you're not an ****** I dont care where you're from. :)

I've never played a MMO before this one, and I got the game before the Oceanic servers were up, so I was on Gnost Dural until the free transfers, and I have to admit it was interesting to see people of different social natures and experiences. I wouldn't mind playing with people of other cultures and the like, it's just the latency and playability that kicks in whilst playing on US servers. :(

Sadly thats true even before gw2. I really like the game and want to see it grow but without a pvp community, there's nothing that interests me. Maybe its time for me to give up on this game too. :(

There is a fairly active PVP community on Dalborra - warzones pop back to back most of the day, its only the wee hours of the morning between about 2am and 5 am AEST that it gets pretty dead but then you can still sometimes get pre-50 warzones popping. As for open world PVP there has been a lot of effort by the larger PVP guilds to get this happening lately and have seen and been involved in a bit of it recently in the black hole and on tatooine :) Seems to be a lot of people going around flagged all the time now days :)

I've never played a MMO before this one, and I got the game before the Oceanic servers were up, so I was on Gnost Dural until the free transfers, and I have to admit it was interesting to see people of different social natures and experiences. I wouldn't mind playing with people of other cultures and the like, it's just the latency and playability that kicks in whilst playing on US servers. :(

I started on The Harbinger before coming over with the APAC transfers and honestly I havent really noticed any difference PVPing with my 40ms ping in Adelaide and the 200ish ping I used to have on Harbinger. Honestly I'd be happy to go back to Harbinger if they dont do a merge as having more people to play with is more of a drawcard to me than having a low ping...

What they should do is merge the three servers into one, make it a PvP server. BUUUUUUUUUT.

Give the players an option of a white flag, which prevents them from partaking in PvP actions and situations, they can't attack others and can't be attacked themselves, the thing is though, this flag would have to be only allowed to be toggled on Fleet, or it would be abused.

The RP'ers can just have their own text channel, I don't mind that so much, besides I think it would be fun having that random roleplayed warzone with a bunch of serious people, I mean it's not like I haven't completely fleshed my characters out to the point where I would just stare at them with my jaw dropped. This is a role playing game, so typically a lot of people are essentially already roleplaying. xD

the players an option of a white flag, which prevents them from partaking in PvP actions and situations, they can't attack others and can't be attacked themselves, the thing is though, this flag would have to be only allowed to be toggled on Fleet, or it would be abused.

They already have this on all PVE servers you can flag yourself for PVP at any time and it takes 5mins in a safe area to remove the flag - this works fine - gives people the option to opt in to PVP if they want or just play PVE

I really REALLY wouldn't classify most of Gav Daragon as "The Rper's". The servers RP community is in the minority from day 1 of this games launch due to no enforcements on RP rules, which caused players to treat it like a less like an RP server and more like a populated PVE server with less lag.

Certainly needs a merge though. Not enough players, and with a lot of the smaller guild having merged into one guild it's made playing even harder. My only concern is that the RP community that does exist on Gav Daragon will come under fire and garner a lot of abuse from players on the PVE server when they try and RP on said server.

Edited by Selvec

Hey Andynul here it seems to me that im the one representing my guild on these forums Order of Chaos (imp) Chaos of Order (pub) i rerooled over to this server at the starte of the summer since Ven Zallow server had died. I will say that yes im an american on an Oceanic server the ping is usually at 220 for me and it doesnt seem that laggy for me at all. now grante it i do get a lag here and there. now for the time zone difference yes its different but when its 430am AUS time thats a great time for me to go questing or play on an alt. I have been able to do rated pvp on AUS time Zone its not that hard to just learn a different time zone. Now i dont know bout other guilds since im not in them but im aware that my guild is still going strong even with GW2 coming out we havent lost any players we have gain a few tho which is a plus :) . As everyone else is saying once f2p comes live it'll get more populated hopefully. I know that a few of my friends here are going to join this server once f2p is live.

Just want to find out what Bioware is planning with the oceanic servers as with the US we are experiencing a declining population which is getting worse and with the launch of GW2 soon its going to push more people away with a lack of people to play with/against.

I feel its pretty late to be bringing this up but I hope Bioware has seen this and planned already for it. I approached the RP server and feel merging the PvE and RP to a PVE-RP server would be best and also allowing transfers from the PvP server to the new amalgamation server would be a great effort at bolstering numbers and confidence in the game.

Bringing together all those who wish to continue playing will be the best effort to put confidence in those who wish to remain with this game until it finds it's feet and until the numbers start returning as so many have shown the intention of coming back at the release of new content and with the maturity of the game coming in time.

I support this message.

Be

Under

My

Pressure BIOWARE

The oceanic pve server has a standard population during peak hours so I suggest either let us xfer to that server as well let's face it there really isn't much world pvp due to maps and story lines being seperate. My second suggestion is cross realm queing for wz's and fps

This is really pathetic Bioware, I can't get a PVP queue to pop because there is almost nobody on my server thanks to GW2's release, and what do you guys at Bioware think will happen when MOP is released? I bet the server pop plummets further. Merge the servers or let us server transfer back to the US.:mad:

This is really pathetic Bioware, I can't get a PVP queue to pop because there is almost nobody on my server thanks to GW2's release, and what do you guys at Bioware think will happen when MOP is released? I bet the server pop plummets further. Merge the servers or let us server transfer back to the US.:mad:

It has gotten quieter over the last week or so with GW2 launching. PvP WZ pops are slower than what they were.. There is definatly less people on the Dalborra server than there were several months back.

Slowly but surely Dalborra population is Dwindling, as are the other Oceanic Servers. I do hope BW has the guts to merge all 3 Oceanic Servers. I am definatly over logging on during the D/time to see ....not so many peeps on.

Edit: on a side note, I did go out today and get GW2:)

Edited by Tiberians

With GW2 release numbers on Master Dar'Nala are no more than 70 on the imperial fleet during prime time. All though I believe many players will come back when the game goes F2P and FOTM game crazes wear off, it would be nice for BW to atleast acknowledge they are looking into a plan for the Oceanic Servers.

Its great having our own servers, would just be nice if we had people to play with :)

With GW2 release numbers on Master Dar'Nala are no more than 70 on the imperial fleet during prime time. All though I believe many players will come back when the game goes F2P and FOTM game crazes wear off, it would be nice for BW to atleast acknowledge they are looking into a plan for the Oceanic Servers.

Its great having our own servers, would just be nice if we had people to play with :)

I don't think it's a matter of "coming back" because many of us didn't leave at all. GW2 is free to play so no real economic loss other than the initial purchase.

Of course we need motivation to come back. A simple level increase won't be enough - would need new content and something to really excite us.

Its not so much whether GW2 is better or not, its whether I can actually play SWTOR it self, firstly.

There is currently 5 people on the republic fleet, including me.

I WANT to play this game, but I literally can't. I can't pvp, I can't do flashpoints, I can't do the heroics on the dailies runs. I don't think Bioware realizes how quiet it is here in MDN.

Can someone from the devs/bioware/anyone please just acknowledge the problem so we know that you're at least thinking of a solution?

Right now, every day you leave us in the dark we get closer and closer to just moving to GW2, a game we can actually play. Almost our whole guild has bought it and is levelling simply because we have nothing else to do anymore, even if we wanted to do rateds we couldn't, no one queues anymore unless its in-house stuff.

Edited by Tom_the_Narwhal

Right now, every day you leave us in the dark we get closer and closer to just moving to GW2, a game we can actually play. Almost our whole guild has bought it and is levelling simply because we have nothing else to do anymore, even if we wanted to do rateds we couldn't, no one queues anymore unless its in-house stuff.

This is my fear too. I been thinking about it a bit lately and I kind of like Master Dar'Nala... I really don't know what the solution is and maybe I dont want to transfer again because one advantage about having less population is I've actually got to know more players, but still im sure everything will work out.... eventually.

Gav Daragon has a top of 24 on Rep Fleet at peak times.

/signed

/signed again

/signed again x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Almost 4 pages on an issue that effects quite a large percentage of the playerbase, indeed one whole region of the world and several servers, and yet not one reply from BW about wither this question will be relayed to the right people.

Would you please ask the right people for us Allison? We'd all love to know if there are plans to merge oceanic servers.

Cheers

Edited by Selvec

I find its usually around 60-90 on Master D at peak times, usually a fair bit more on Imp side.

A merge would be great and kinda needed atm......however if there was a large influx of new players when F2P happens they would be screwed so its unlikely to happen....

I find its usually around 60-90 on Master D at peak times, usually a fair bit more on Imp side.

A merge would be great and kinda needed atm......however if there was a large influx of new players when F2P happens they would be screwed so its unlikely to happen....

i don't see a huge influx of players happening when the game goes f2p. Too many negative reviews around these days.