What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Item prototypes are among the types of things you can see on the Public Test Server. Like all things on the PTS, they are subject to change and in some cases to not make it into the game at all. This happens to be one of those cases. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

Item prototypes are among the types of things you can see on the Public Test Server. Like all things on the PTS, they are subject to change and in some cases to not make it into the game at all. This happens to be one of those cases. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Noooooooooo!

This is the only item so far that I would have been happy to drop $10-20 on. HUMBUG!

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

but...but....our Dec.24 conspiracy fit so well, was logical, imaginative....and apparently wrong :confused:

<-World, shattered!!! :(

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank. God. Let the repressed QQ commence about losing a lore-abusive tauntaun.

Thank. God. Let the repressed QQ commence about losing a lore-abusive tauntaun.

How do we know there aren't a sub-species of red nosed taun tauns? I mean if we can have noise in space, surely a taun taun could have a glowing red nose :p

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Like this armors:

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/coruscant/main/gameExpansions/rothc/screenshot3.jpg

d'hoooooooooooo :D

Edited by Elminster_cs

Why are you so worried? It's coming next year. Last year we had that speeder covered in christmas lights, now we have a speeder packed with gifts.

They made the tauntaun already so... Why not stall it until the next year if they already provided you with a single mount?

Naaah, I think we'll see them as the new PvE Operations rewards :]

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Once again you fail to deliver what you advertised and disappoint the community. Good work Eric.

Once again you fail to deliver what you advertised and disappoint the community. Good work Eric.

It was on the test server, everything on the test server and that is the ONLY reason why we even knew of it's existence.

So you = fail.

it was datamined off the test server by fans. There are a LOT of things that have been datamined over time that never made it to live. It was never advertised, it was never actually obtainable on the test server. It was a placeholder file that was scrapped.

And seriously, you guys really wanted a red nosed tauntaun?

I imagine it was something like this :

Twas the night before Life Day, and somewhere on Hoth

Sat a cute festive taun-taun, and his master, Darth Moff.

The weather was cold; it was blowing a gale,

Darth Moff, he was freezing - his skin turning pale.

He turned to his chum, and said 'Taun-taun, my friend?'

'If I don't get warm soon, I'll be meeting my end!'.

'That's awful' said taun-taun, standing up with a cry.

'I don't know what I'd do if you happened to die'.

'I wish there was some way I could come to your aid.'

'But as I'm a taun-taun, I've no clue, I'm afraid'

'Don't worry,' said Moff 'I can think for us both,'

'And I know of a way to survive, here on Hoth'

And then he stood up, and unleashed his sabre.

And although he was freezing, his arm didn't waver.

A horrible cry rang out through the blizzard.

As Moff opened up taun-taun from his feet to his gizzard.

'Not bad' thought Darth Moff, as he climbed deep inside.

'Apart from the smell, it's a good place to hide.'

And all through the night, he slept snug and warm.

And woke rested, on Life Day, safe from all harm.

Happy Life Day Everyone!

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

LOL.. ooooooh noooooo.... :eek:

I have to say..... you have performed a perfect "Lucy&Teh_Football" maneuver on us with that one and left us all holding our keesters. :D

You know what this means folks? It means the Galactic Weather Service has predicted clear skys above all the planets for Life Days Eve this year. No need for any Rudolph "augmentation" until bad weather predicted. :p