[Guide] PVE Scoundrel Healing

Elbmuh

Made a few changes to the guide including changing the wording on some things and adding notes from learning more as I go along. I also removed a lot of references to parsing because I have decided that parsing is a poor way of measuring healing ability.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've released a model for PVE Scoundrel healing (link in my signature). It confirms the recommendations of the OP regarding stats. For example, it shows that optimal Critical is 400+ for a typical PVE Scoundrel healer with high-end gear, and that having less is fine.

My model is more advanced than, and has two significant advantages over, Inovisible's.

1. By personalizing the data on worksheet "Boss Fights", you can tailor stats for your healing. Not every Scoundrel has the same rotation, assignment, or co-healer.
  2. My model analyzes the effect of gear on your EHPS rather than on a single, fixed rotation's HPS. Since having 100% effectiveness is rare, and maintaining a single, fixed rotation is rare, my model is more practical and less academic.

Edited by Orderken

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the updates and this thread, as it helped me a lot.

I like to be the healer at times while I am not stomping on the ground wielding my light saber.

I really dislike tanking, too much responsibility but I like keeping tanks alive.

One thing though that I seem to have trouble with is the abilities as I level.

The guides that I read seem to be for a level capped toon. I bring this up now, because I am victim of the x12 class experience boost. I recently pre-ordered Shadow of Revan, but was oblivious to the class boost, and at that same time I wanted to create a healer. Scoundrel was the only class that I had not tried and it had a DPS/Healer tree so I built it.

Now I am LVL 20 and I am just starting my class missions on Coruscant (I don't even have a star ship yet...)

I wish I new the progression of the abilities and what should I think about in the lower levels where I am grinding to level and yet wanting to FP efficiently.

So far my experience has been like this.

1) A good group of Tank/DPS/DPSHealer/Me

These guys know the FPs and know their role. When I run out of energy and we are at the crap! everyone is getting high damage and I am low on energy. This seems to not turn into a wipe but eventually a DPS will die due to me concentrating on the Tank.

2) A bad group of know idiots - Usually a DPS/DPS/DPS/Me... Sometime a Tank.

These guys run around all over the place, getting knocked around by the boss and leaving the trash mobs to hit me or run me around into the trash mobs. They never seem to get the Line of sight thing and blame me the Healer for their deaths. Then I have even seen them Rage Quit the group.

As this is not really a problem for me, I just feel bad that I let 3 Sents die at the beginning of the battle because they all just jump in and go berserk. I Under World the 3 of them and run out of energy quick.. then I just watch them die.

In other games that I have played, I have dabbled in Healing because it almost guarantees an instant queue. So I am not a newb to Healing. I just think I need more help to be effective now that I have Over Leveled.

One thing that I have done is adaptive armored my toon and hand picked Mods to put in them. I have not actually tried this, but I plan to in the next few hours to see if it helps me in FPs.

Any suggestions? Please chime in as I like good Forum Fodder.

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone do me a huge favor? Can you pick gear in this link as it's written on first page? I tried, but my numbers are all wrong. I don't know where I did wrong! :(

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character

I suspect this would be the most effective min-maxed gear. Good luck getting it, though. http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/fb07bf3f-9c60-45a7-96e4-8cc8c2c99546