Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making merc Dps viable in PvP

Macroeconomics
01.09.2013 , 03:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
Anyone who says Merc's are crap then your doing it wrong, take a look at this guy's Youtube videos and tell me Merc's are terrible http://www.youtube.com/user/ShamelessSoul
Merc's are terrible. Please, I've scored 2x those damage amounts on my Merc. But you can score 3x those amounts on a real toon. With more utility. And better survivability.

ToR PvP has one redeeming quality - success is very heavily based on player skill. The gap between a low skill player and a high skill player is so great, that even if the low skill player is piloting a smash monkey in full augmented EWH, and the high skill player is running a Merc dps in Recruit gear, the high skill player will win. But once you control for player skill, the level of class imbalance is glaringly obvious. That these imbalances have been allowed to exist for over a year is simply not excusable. People have paid over $200 in purchase and subscription fees, and BW has not yet delivered a useable class in competitive PvP for those that want to play Merc dps.

Dokarswtor
01.09.2013 , 08:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
ToR PvP has one redeeming quality - success is very heavily based on player skill. .
Dunno what other games you've been playing to make a statement as this. Skill cap in swtor pvp is abysmally low, which is the main reason why the majority of good competetive pvp'ers left the game after a month or two and went back to WoW or something else.

Sure, there's a big difference between bad players and good players. But the difference between someone who is "great" and someone who is "awesome" is very very small in this game.

cashogy
01.09.2013 , 10:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
Anyone who says Merc's are crap then your doing it wrong, take a look at this guy's Youtube videos and tell me Merc's are terrible http://www.youtube.com/user/ShamelessSoul
take an Arsenal Merc into Ranked PvP and tell me how you do. or how this guy does.

Macroeconomics
01.10.2013 , 01:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokarswtor View Post
Skill cap in swtor pvp is abysmally low, which is the main reason why the majority of good competetive pvp'ers left the game after a month or two and went back to WoW or something else.

Sure, there's a big difference between bad players and good players. But the difference between someone who is "great" and someone who is "awesome" is very very small in this game.
Couldn't disagree more. If the skill cap was so low, then why do you see Valor 50, 60, even 70 players that are still so bad? And the difference between "great" and "awesome" to you may seem small. But I can assure you, take the 12 best players on a server, pick 8 of them so you have the appropriate classes for a team, and match them vs. the #50-62 players (again pick 8), and the "awesome" players will win 95 out of 100 matches. And the losses will involve disconnects or some other anomaly. That's not a small difference.

HexDecimalUK
01.11.2013 , 01:15 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
Naw I've tried this junk and. Screw merc it's useless unless healing in which its boring....seriously worst class I've played
I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfS4-mDY1Hg

Darthanimus
06.03.2014 , 06:08 AM | #26
OK I know this post is old but I just gotta reply, Mercs are a great rdps class, the problem is not the class itself, but the way your playing them..With rdps classes you need to have 2 distinct rotations, one for your regular damage which includes keeping heat to a min/energy to a maximum, and the other rotation to deal with pesky melee classes. If your interested in my rotation, plse ask me..Mercs are great rdps cause they wear heavy armor, and are generally more durable than snips/slingers. Correct use of interrupt means you can take on snipers/slingers with ease. I am pyro tree and I love it, I have to say I am better with my merc than dps sage, and my defense (anti-melee) rotation means I perform better in pvp than my snip and slinger..you guys just need to think about your class and HOW your getting attacked and how you can counter, once you give it some thought you will be fine.

Adovir
06.03.2014 , 07:39 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
OK I know this post is old but I just gotta reply, Mercs are a great rdps class, the problem is not the class itself, but the way your playing them..With rdps classes you need to have 2 distinct rotations, one for your regular damage which includes keeping heat to a min/energy to a maximum, and the other rotation to deal with pesky melee classes. If your interested in my rotation, plse ask me..Mercs are great rdps cause they wear heavy armor, and are generally more durable than snips/slingers. Correct use of interrupt means you can take on snipers/slingers with ease. I am pyro tree and I love it, I have to say I am better with my merc than dps sage, and my defense (anti-melee) rotation means I perform better in pvp than my snip and slinger..you guys just need to think about your class and HOW your getting attacked and how you can counter, once you give it some thought you will be fine.
..... bro aside from necro are necro where the **** do you people find these posts, like do you seriously go through like 10 pages of forum posts to find something that hasnt been commented on for like a year?
Bads will be bads and i will shepherd them to their deaths

Wraiven
07.21.2014 , 05:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Adovir View Post
..... bro aside from necro are necro where the **** do you people find these posts, like do you seriously go through like 10 pages of forum posts to find something that hasnt been commented on for like a year?
He probably did like I just did....google.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-