The Pius Dea : what you think of them ?

Angedechu

Pius Dea was for years a footnote in SW lore, and they got fleshed out in the new guide

Seriously, I would like to see more of them. My lone issue : they look a little like WH40K Inquistorium, and some of the jabs toward medieval crusades are somewhat discutable (ok, I get it, ''Goddes will it'' is a not too suble allusion to ''Deus Vult'', but we never had any goddess in SW previously)

Unless it's an allusion to Abeloth.

Pius Dea was for years a footnote in SW lore, and they got fleshed out in the new guide

Seriously, I would like to see more of them. My lone issue : they look a little like WH40K Inquistorium, and some of the jabs toward medieval crusades are somewhat discutable (ok, I get it, ''Goddes will it'' is a not too suble allusion to ''Deus Vult'', but we never had any goddess in SW previously)

Unless it's an allusion to Abeloth.

Not really familiar with it. Is it a race?

They were basically nutjob fanatics in the early Republic. The lore entry from the +2 Strength Datacron in the starport on Dromund Kaas fleshes out their story a fair amount. Pius Dea, I should like to point out (since the OP mentioned Deus vult "God wills" - the motto of the First Crusade) literally means "faithful goddess."

http://www.torhead.com/codex/fz1h8fh/galactic-history-19-the-pius-dea-crusades Datacron entry from TORHead.

Regardless, they could have been "worshippers" of Abeloth. It's a possibility for sure. They could just be nuts. Also, Trandoshans have a goddess - the Scorekeeper - so it's not like a feminine divinity has no precedent in Star Wars lore. In any event, why is them resembling the ridiculous fanatics of Warhammer 40k a bad thing? Or the digs at christianity?

"Perhaps you have heard of Russian epic Cinderella: If shoe fits - wear it." -Pavel Chekov, The Undiscovered Country

A fitting commentary on the atrocious evils a certain mainstream religion has perpetrated in its history with regards to its caricature in both the Pius Dea and WH40k. But you know, we have to observe political correctness within TOR or certain groups will protest even louder about it.

Long story short, Bioware has used the Pius Dea as a social commentary on just how evil an institution christianity really is. I for one welcome this development (beyond my own particular indignant rage for various reasons): books often have social commentary in them, then movies and TV. Call it being more highbrow (for want of a better term), perhaps now too video games are more than just entertainment.

Edited by Diviciacus