Been Meaning to Try RP

Valin_Marr

So for the past 6 weeks I've been trying to get involved in a rp guild or just rp with the group of people sitting in the fleet bar areas. Don't really see much going on down there so I observe and read. if kind of seems like a flirt scene. I don't see much SW rp'ing going on there. Besides, some of the things people were saying like two jedi trying to decide who should be a padawans master because the master the padawan had wasn't up to snuff. This is two jedi talking, and they tell the padawan not to listen to her master. Not sure a jedi would eve say that to another person's padawan. The other jedi said the padawans master was stupid and do what she feels is right. lol I literally lol'ed reading this.

I tried joining a guild and most events seem to be when i'm at work, not much in the way of weekend events. The one time the guild I was in had an event it lasted 15 minutes. Maybe I need to look harder. I don't know. This seems like a cool way to incorporate the games material into hours of RP fun, but 6 weeks in and maybe 20 minutes of RP seems like a waste of time.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Honestly, the best RP experience I've had in SWTOR is here on the forums in the fanfiction section. Writing our own stories and collaborating with other players, it runs more smoothly when there's more imagination involved.

In game, it seems rare to see something go more than 30 minutes, and even then, most of it is character interplay (like flirting) because any sort of action scene gets halted when in-game combat limits your ability to type.

Honestly, the best RP experience I've had in SWTOR is here on the forums in the fanfiction section. Writing our own stories and collaborating with other players, it runs more smoothly when there's more imagination involved.

In game, it seems rare to see something go more than 30 minutes, and even then, most of it is character interplay (like flirting) because any sort of action scene gets halted when in-game combat limits your ability to type.

I have to agree with her. Though you can have some good roleplay in game provided you know the people and they agree not to limit the interactions to what is going on in the game. I enjoyed the forum roleplays a lot more and at first I wasn't sure about them, but you have a bit more leeway (provided you follow the lore to a point) and you have people you enjoy doing them with.