new empire class

DarthJK

ive been reading up on forums for new classes. an the most favorite empire one was the royal guard. i was thinking this wud be a great class. they start with vibroswords. the specializations cud be a royal duelist and a royal enforcer. the main story cud be serving the will of the voice of the emperor. ur overall weapon wud be the saber staff like from the force unleashed. ur mostly combat with medium force powers. what are ur thoughts? like it up to get biowares attention on this

ive been reading up on forums for new classes. an the most favorite empire one was the royal guard. i was thinking this wud be a great class. they start with vibroswords. the specializations cud be a royal duelist and a royal enforcer. the main story cud be serving the will of the voice of the emperor. ur overall weapon wud be the saber staff like from the force unleashed. ur mostly combat with medium force powers. what are ur thoughts? like it up to get biowares attention on this

No new classes-- not for a while anyway.

play an assassin and use an electrostaff. problem solved

Get some of the adaptive armour from the CC too...

Only problem is that most assassin abilities only work with a LS - unlike JK's and SW's where they CAN use a vibrosword instead if they feel like it - shame really.

A droid class? So I could use my legacy perk and make a Zabrak Droid, or Twi'lek Droid?

Class and race is confusing you know! Its a shame they didn't make 3 factions. Empire, Republic, Independent. We could have had imperial troopers, republic agents. Smugglers and bounty hunters would be independent. But alas, now its too late. We will probably see more classes eventually, but not for a long time.

Terrible, terrible idea...

Its similar to the Sith Warrior.

Class and race is confusing you know! Its a shame they didn't make 3 factions. Empire, Republic, Independent. We could have had imperial troopers, republic agents. Smugglers and bounty hunters would be independent. But alas, now its too late. We will probably see more classes eventually, but not for a long time.

Well it would be nice, but I don't EVER expect a new class. The story is too interwoven to into the 8 to try to shoehorn in another class. The biggest strength of this game is also it's greatest weakness. The story. It inexorably locked into the pacing and direction of this grand vision. And like all stories it will end. Hopefully with some grand conclusion, but it will end. And it will end when and where the writers dictate.

The one thing they failed to understand is that the SW universe is a sandbox. People want to make an impact on that universe, but with a static storyline universe, that can't happen. SWTOR is more akin to the "Chose your own adventure" books some of us read as children. In reality, you are taken down a set course to a conclusion, no real creativity in it. And you really aren't "chosing your own adventure" you are just able to lean to one side or another on THEIR rollercoaster.

Hey don't get me wrong, I loved my "chose your own adventure" books. I love this game. But taken as it is, it is static and locked into a staid course. No jumping the rails or changing tracks, it's going to the station one way or another. It would truly be a jaw dropping day if they ever released a new class. I don't foresee that happening. As for adding in an independant group, NEVER.

btw, it's species. not race.