Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Title and teaser trailer revealed for Episode IX

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Title and teaser trailer revealed for Episode IX

AshenK
04.13.2019 , 07:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
I doubt they're going to throw KK out just because of politics in new Star Wars films (and what Star Wars films haven't had those in some form?). I mean, I would argue that Star Wars is doing pretty well with her in head, both economically and franchise-wise with all the new things that are coming. And there's one big factor that also speaks for her; she was there when Lucasfilm was founded and she has remained with it ever-since, going through the age of leadership change from George to Disney.
Politics doesn't belong in Sci-Fi at all.

How many times must people point this out to those writing and making things. And KK needs to be fired asap until that happens Star Wars is much like Trek at this point. Infested with too much politics that it's not enjoyable.

Collec
04.16.2019 , 06:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
It's seriously seems to me that Rhian Johnson screwed up badly, and this is make up time for that.

That said I anticipate sheer Star wars bananas.

They're going to have everyone believing that Rey is actually a Skywalker.

Then watch for the swerve as she's actually palpatine's granddaughter that palpatine gets to reveal himself to her, which is why she was such a damn natural for the force. the blood of one of the most powerful entities in the force in the starwars universe is her progenitor.

And we probably find out Luke did have a kid somewhere along the way and the movie ends with Rey taking that kid under her wing and him being the first of a new line of Jedi, hence the rise of Skywalker.

And if you're not into movies congratulations I probably just saved you $15.
Anakin was THE CHOSEN ONE and he had to train. Luke was his kid and he had to train. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER IS OR HOW STRONG THEY ARE IN FORCE...turd Rey should also train like anyone else and that turd should learn to MAKE HER OWN LIGHTSABER already.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

wilsonstone
04.16.2019 , 09:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
Politics doesn't belong in Sci-Fi at all.

How many times must people point this out to those writing and making things. And KK needs to be fired asap until that happens Star Wars is much like Trek at this point. Infested with too much politics that it's not enjoyable.

It's not really "politics" in these movies, its KK forcing her feminist agenda into the movies at the detriment of everything else. So I get your meaning. No one wants to have some "message" thrown into their face when going to see a Star Wars movie. Unfortunately I don't think this trilogy can be saved. They've killed off Luke and Han, and since Carrie Fisher has passed they only have previously done footage to insert Leia into the episode 9. No producer is going to want to jump in and replace KK now, because if the movie tanks they'll get blamed.

Now we could get surprised and somehow episode 9 isn't the mess that TLJ is, but I doubt it. Either way I'll wait until I can see it for maybe a dollar or for free, or maybe someone loans me the DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out.
"The SWTOR forums....You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

ThutmoseV
04.19.2019 , 01:39 PM | #14
Star Wars has been full of politics since it first started. Taking control of a galactic empire is a political act, and deciding to rebel against it is a political decision. You can't get rid of politics in a story about galactic level conflict.

So I guess the problem isn't that there are political aspects to the movies. That is inevitable. The problem is that some people perceive the depiction of the political aspects do not coincide with their own political views.

Maybe these people prefer depictions of warlord feudalism with plenty of anarchy around the edges, for people like Han and Lando to operate. In other words, situations where might makes right. Such situations make for interesting stories, though in real life they are hell for most people to live in.
Star Forge
Erannov Vanguard Sundaro Sage Kim-kinnison Commando
Deranova Guardian Boadicae Sorcerer Kamose Mercenary

MadDutchman
04.20.2019 , 04:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ThutmoseV View Post
Star Wars has been full of politics since it first started. Taking control of a galactic empire is a political act, and deciding to rebel against it is a political decision. You can't get rid of politics in a story about galactic level conflict.

So I guess the problem isn't that there are political aspects to the movies. That is inevitable. The problem is that some people perceive the depiction of the political aspects do not coincide with their own political views.

Maybe these people prefer depictions of warlord feudalism with plenty of anarchy around the edges, for people like Han and Lando to operate. In other words, situations where might makes right. Such situations make for interesting stories, though in real life they are hell for most people to live in.
I think it's pretty clear in this context that "politics" is not referring to political systems or political conflicts.

What people are referring to are contentious social issues being injected into media for no other purpose than virtue signalling and to express their socio-political views to a near-captive audience.

So saying "politics" is just so much faster.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

TonyTricicolo
04.22.2019 , 12:05 PM | #16
The funny thing is George Lucas confirmed that Palpatine is in fact Anakin's father and that he impregnated Shmi via the force. So technically speaking Anakin, Luke, Leia and Ben are Palpatines as well. If they reveal that Rey is a Palpatine then it all fits the lineage.
STRYDER SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G