Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

curulz
03.28.2018 , 08:04 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
If you want better balance between guilds, how about to reduce the size of the guilds to smaller number? Or limit number of alts in the guild?
please no....I would not be in favor of any kind of guild size enforcement.

Master_Morak
03.28.2018 , 08:17 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
We’ve all let you know our thoughts in the other thread. Many of us have been saying the same things to you (100 pages) and you aren’t listening or you are just ignoring 90% of it for “what you want” us to have and not “what we want” to have,
Why should we believe this statement and waste our time with feed back if it gets ignored or put in the too hard basket.
Your communication, which was “going to be better”, is actually getting worse. How about a two way discussion with the players and some acknowledgment of just how bad players find this system. A good start is saying you messed up and then we’ll move forward from there.
If you want our feedback to make the game better and for us to actually play and pay for it, then you need to actually listen to it. Otherwise we are blowing hot air and wasting our precious time providing feedback or even playing the game.
I agree - why should we give feedback to People ignorant and arrogant, ignoring the Feedback last week?
  • no changes to crafting
  • only three planets so it has a declined chance to win for smaller guilds
  • the conquest points for repeatable activites like battlegrounds are a joke
  • this week no H2 - so for Solo players its a slap in the face
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

vaporousmist
03.28.2018 , 10:01 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
please no....I would not be in favor of any kind of guild size enforcement.
You must not have been around when the guild alt cap was only 500 not 1000. This is one of the many things the devs did to encourage alts and allow guilds the ability to keep their many alts in the same guild. of course this, like oh so many other, "help" did not do anything but allow the bigger guilds to further dominate over the smaller ones, except on crafting weeks (which are now dead just like the ability to get alts through conquest)

To the devs, please stop asking for input that you don't have any intention of listening to. Actions speak louder than words and right now your actions are screaming at your entire player base that you want everyone lumped into one huge guild, on one single server so that you can flip the switch on swtor and walk away to spend time with your new shiny toy anthem. we know you're not being straight with us. we know you're not listening. and even knowing that you still have 100 pages of people pleading with you to fix the system so they can stay with a game they love(d). Your company has seems to have forgotten that you're supposed to work FOR your players, not against them. i'd ask you to communicate and call a square a square, but you haven't and you won't. you will placate and milk your remaining players until you're ready to surprise them with just turning off the servers one day in the not too distant future (i'm not a gambler and i would bet big on this). it's really sad to think about what you could have made this game and to see what you've done with it. such a squandered opportunity.

curulz
03.28.2018 , 10:09 AM | #34
seems like the "whining" is being done by both large and small guilds. Each have their concerns with the new system, albeit for different reasons. So yeah, lets not bicker amongst ourselves over who has it worse since we all got the shaft

BJWyler
03.28.2018 , 10:29 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by RegorStarflyer View Post
Since 5.0 the developers have been killing this game off... after their latest debacle in the conquest revamp I will no longer be renewing my subscription. Good bye everyone it's been fun. And developers nice try but you failed worse than the clones that got rejected on kamino.
Rest in peace SWTOR I will have fond memories before 5.0

The only way I will renew the subscription is if the game gets rolled back to 4.9
They've been doing it since 4.0, actually. I had hoped Keith would be able to turn things around, but unfortunately too many bad decisions were baked into 4.0 and 5.0, and we lost a year of viable content additions and upgrades to the game because of it.
Better Judgement and Wrath of Judgement on Star Forge
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

Lhancelot
03.28.2018 , 10:49 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by vaporousmist View Post
To the devs, please stop asking for input that you don't have any intention of listening to. Actions speak louder than words...
This 100%.

The trope about them wanting player feedback means zero if the feedback illicits no impact on the decisions and choices they make for the game!

It's insulting, the changes they added in the patch.

It's like asking a waiter for salt on your fancy meal at a restaurant and they flick one grain of salt onto your plate, it's just that ridiculous.

Thing is, they never, ever, ever roll ANYthing back so I knew when this conquest system was dropped into the game there would be no significant improvements, let alone a rollback.

They shove awful patches down the players throat, and really leave you with the terrible predicament of either quitting or adjusting to game changes that actually make the game worse and less fun. Basically doing the total opposite of what they/we should be doing in a gamer-game relationship.

Changes for a game should be made to improve it, as well as find favor with the gamers playing it.

I have no idea what group of people these changes benefit unless the idea is to get rid of subs and players.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Aalayna
03.28.2018 , 01:43 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric
More planets (at least some weeks) would be better. The weeks where guilds are more spread out among different planets are the only weeks my small-ish guild stands a chance at winning. If it's always 3 planets, the same 3-4 guilds are going to be winning each week. The revamp hasn't shaken up the rankings at all. The big guilds are getting fewer points, yes, but so are the rest of us. The rewards are nice to get, but it's the titles we're all after.

Before the server merge, my guild was consistently winning planets. It's been somewhat demoralizing to be crushed by these same huge guilds week after week. It takes a lot of the fun out of conquest if you know you NEVER stand a chance at winning. More planets to choose from, please!

UlaVii
03.28.2018 , 01:47 PM | #38
Patch 5.9 is scheduled for May 1st which means we have just over 4 weeks of the current system before we see how things are being adjusted in private. It would be better to do small weekly patches as you fine tune the conquest system instead of making everybody wait several weeks.

casirabit
03.28.2018 , 02:33 PM | #39
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric
Eric, you need to change the conquest with makeb to the current weekly on the planet so individuals will get the conquest points. The staged conquest is no longer valid since the change in Makeb. Thank you.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

PorsaLindahl
03.28.2018 , 03:03 PM | #40

Thanks.

-eric
I wondering if they got Bupu to do the coding on conquest. It would make sense.

Now, how many of you know who Bupu is without having to look her up?