Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VaeVictis
03.27.2018 , 07:04 PM | #21
So not only is it just three planets but it looks like the same planets will be classified Large, Medium, Small...so my small PvP guild can only invade a third of a third of the planets we used to be able to. And none of the Objective changes have changed what I do to earn points in the slightest.

Yeah for diversity. If you're a hammer I guess everything looks like a nail.

AlainaFlute
03.27.2018 , 07:49 PM | #22
Because of the whining and complaining of the smaller guilds, we now have a terrible new conquest system. Thanks for that guys! It's called "Conquest" for a reason! If you want to be competitive, build up your guild, get organized, and recruit your butts off. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I'm sick of the complaining coming from the smaller guilds! If you want the goodies (encryptions), get more active people in your guild. Or, you could throw a couple toons in the big guilds and farm your encryptions that way.

bbjbkbjdb
03.27.2018 , 07:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
And the "tiered planet" system qualifies for the "EPIC FAIL" award and the "That's a giant shipload of FAIL you have there" bonus award. On The Leviathan tonight, Taris ("big") has one guild, Nar ("medium") has three, and Quesh ("small") has ... more than ten, including some of the largest guilds on the server.
the group finder is not working no rewards and no credit moving to complete 5 and searching for allies broke as well

RegorStarflyer
03.27.2018 , 08:15 PM | #24
Since 5.0 the developers have been killing this game off... after their latest debacle in the conquest revamp I will no longer be renewing my subscription. Good bye everyone it's been fun. And developers nice try but you failed worse than the clones that got rejected on kamino.
Rest in peace SWTOR I will have fond memories before 5.0

The only way I will renew the subscription is if the game gets rolled back to 4.9
What's brown and sticky? A stick

http://www.swtor.com/r/QXQPhj

Stellarcrusade
03.27.2018 , 10:17 PM | #25
With only 3 planets that means only 2 guilds will get to participate in conquest planet takeovers. One will get 2 planets with their imp and pub side guilds, and the other will get the 3rd planet.

Should make a planet conquest takeover value like the minimum is to replace #1 competition like you replaced top10 competition, and then return repeatable easy cheap war supplies.

Fraah
03.28.2018 , 01:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric
You know what are thoughts are, so why keep asking?

Conquest has been ruined, people are leaving the game because of it and I see literally no upside to almost all of the changes you made.

Yes, I get it, your "metrics" showed that too many people were completing conquest objectives and you thought this was a way to combat inflation in game, or some such noble cause.

All you had to do was make GF Ops lockout less powerful and maybe reduce this number of crafting weeks a little more (IMO this would also have been an incorrect change, but at least it would have made sense if you wanted to make crafting a little less relevant).

Instead you have managed, again, to suck all the joy out of an aspect of the game which is very important to some of your most active remaining players.

Yes, you'll continue to make minor corrections as you did with the introduction of random gear crates and we'll end up with a system less terrible than now if not quite as good as what we had to start with (and which could have been improved with some minor tweaks).

I know this has all been said 100 times before on the forum in the last week, but I'm saying it again because you're not listening!

Maybe now is the time for Keith to actually come and explain why anyone ever could have thought this might be a good idea, instead of you keeping repeating that our "feedback is important".

But that is too much to ask...

To get back to my original point...this is the stupidest change of the whole damn lot as you have basically removed all hope of ever conquering a planet for most of the guilds in your game.

WHY?????
Warning, this is a referal link, DO NOT CLICK IT! - http://www.swtor.com/r/V9mrxR

ArkonCh
03.28.2018 , 01:56 AM | #27
My sub is still cancelled, I still haven't been convinced to resub.
I am STILL not paying to be a BETA tester on your ****** revamp.
Dps is science, tanking is strategy, healing is art.

Fraah
03.28.2018 , 02:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkonCh View Post
My sub is still cancelled, I still haven't been convinced to resub.
I am STILL not paying to be a BETA tester on your ****** revamp.
After having written my previous post, logging into the game, realizing the thing which was central to most of my gameplay for the past 1-2 years is gone, I have now also cancelled my subscription.

My guild won't survive this change either.

25 days left on my 3 month recurring sub, not sure what I'll do with it....
Warning, this is a referal link, DO NOT CLICK IT! - http://www.swtor.com/r/V9mrxR

Vercundus
03.28.2018 , 06:57 AM | #29
If you want better balance between guilds, how about to reduce the size of the guilds to smaller number? Or limit number of alts in the guild?
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

BullitClub
03.28.2018 , 08:00 AM | #30
And no more planet bonuses based on planet picked.