Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
03.27.2018 , 02:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AlainaFlute View Post
For Taris, if you are on Imp side you will only see the Imp guilds invading. If you switch to your Pub toon, You will only see the Pub guilds invading it. Both sides can still invade it.
Thanks, I updated the first post.

The main question still remains as to whether it will continue to be 3 planets but only time will tell...or a producer

EricMusco
03.27.2018 , 04:27 PM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Hi, today is the 2nd of the new "Random Conquests" and like last week it is also has just 3 planets. "Total Galactic War" used to have 13. Will it always be 3 planets each week?

Also, have you removed all the separate faction invasions? Like there used to be Balmorra (Imp) and Balmorra (Rep).

Edit: The separate faction question was answered by AlainaFlute:
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Krazhez
03.27.2018 , 04:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
If anything you should change EVERY craft week to have 13+ planets, and return crafting war supplies to how it was before or even cheaper/easier (not harder).
Don't worry, the only repeat 'crafting' this week is legacy a day invasion forces and donating 10 invasion forces, you know for 513 points. :/

UlaVii
03.27.2018 , 05:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts!
Sorry but I think it is an absolutely terrible idea. Weeks like this one used to be with 13 planets were some smaller guilds best opportunity at getting planets. Now you have cut down their chances significantly. You really need to have 5+ planets each week so people can spread out.

Since a lot of the drive has been to make conquest more achievable for smaller guilds, why not just give us access to every planet every week. The objectives can change each week as they currently do so there will still be an element of planning in there i.e. "we'll go for Section X next time when there is a PvP orientated conquest week".

Mikel_p
03.27.2018 , 05:31 PM | #15
Hey Dev Team:
My concern about conquest only being 3 planets is due to the behavior of the larger guilds...I play on the Star Forge server and 2-3 guilds tend to dominate conquest and will stay out of each other's way if it can be helped... I noticed Unchained Wrath, You Ain't Sith, and other amazingly well organized guilds like them simply go after other planets that they won't have to fight too hard to win...(almost as if they have a gentleman's agreement). Having about 9 planets would fix a lot of that so the better conquest guilds will go after larger yield planets.... 3 to each yield would help the make things more competetive....

DarthSpuds
03.27.2018 , 05:40 PM | #16
In the current plan it will be 3 planets each week. Like all things though, let us know your thoughts! (Also getting this post on the devtracker to highlight the answer to your second question)

Thanks.

-eric
You have over 100 pages of our thoughts - that you have deliberately and studiously ignored - this new Conquest is a p.o.s and needs to be reverted to a system that was fun, varied, more inclusive and more rewarding.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

curulz
03.27.2018 , 05:58 PM | #17

Thanks.

-eric
I think only 3 planets will hurt some folks that are going for titles. If it is going to be 3 only, then don't be lazy. come up with different names and descriptions...."total galactic war" would be more than 3 planets....that's not even a minor skirmish

TrixxieTriss
03.27.2018 , 06:04 PM | #18

Thanks.

-eric
We’ve all let you know our thoughts in the other thread. Many of us have been saying the same things to you (100 pages) and you aren’t listening or you are just ignoring 90% of it for “what you want” us to have and not “what we want” to have,
Why should we believe this statement and waste our time with feed back if it gets ignored or put in the too hard basket.
Your communication, which was “going to be better”, is actually getting worse. How about a two way discussion with the players and some acknowledgment of just how bad players find this system. A good start is saying you messed up and then we’ll move forward from there.
If you want our feedback to make the game better and for us to actually play and pay for it, then you need to actually listen to it. Otherwise we are blowing hot air and wasting our precious time providing feedback or even playing the game.

PorsaLindahl
03.27.2018 , 06:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
We’ve all let you know our thoughts in the other thread. Many of us have been saying the same things to you (100 pages) and you aren’t listening or you are just ignoring 90% of it for “what you want” us to have and not “what we want” to have,
Why should we believe this statement and waste our time with feed back if it gets ignored or put in the too hard basket.
Your communication, which was “going to be better”, is actually getting worse. How about a two way discussion with the players and some acknowledgment of just how bad players find this system. A good start is saying you messed up and then we’ll move forward from there.
If you want our feedback to make the game better and for us to actually play and pay for it, then you need to actually listen to it. Otherwise we are blowing hot air and wasting our precious time providing feedback or even playing the game.
They're doing what my grandfather used to do to my grandmother when she started rambling: Turned his deaf ear towards her. In this case, though, it would be they're reading the forums with their blind eye.

Djake
03.27.2018 , 06:48 PM | #20

Thanks.

-eric
My thoughts? "What the heck were they THINKING?" All you've done is limited the playing field even more.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert