Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest: Will it always be 3 planets each week?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
03.27.2018 , 12:26 PM | #1
Hi, today is the 2nd of the new "Random Conquests" and like last week it is also has just 3 planets. "Total Galactic War" used to have 13. Will it always be 3 planets each week?

Also, have you removed all the separate faction invasions? Like there used to be Balmorra (Imp) and Balmorra (Rep).

Edit: The separate faction question was answered by AlainaFlute:
Quote: Originally Posted by AlainaFlute View Post
For Taris, if you are on Imp side you will only see the Imp guilds invading. If you switch to your Pub toon, You will only see the Pub guilds invading it. Both sides can still invade it.

Gelious
03.27.2018 , 12:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
Previously, Conquests were very homogenized in that there was very little diversity among each week.
-eric
If conquest was homogenized before, what do you call it's current condition? Always 15k points, always 3 planets, where is the diversity you speak of exactly?
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Stellarcrusade
03.27.2018 , 12:47 PM | #3
Wow, only 3 planets on TGW? Please confirm this is a bug. If there are only 3 planets on TGW that officially marks the end of crafting participation for small/medium/medium-large guilds. Hundreds of guilds are excluded, like 5 guilds can participate.

If anything you should change EVERY craft week to have 13+ planets, and return crafting war supplies to how it was before or even cheaper/easier (not harder).

I'm not sure you have thought this through, some small/medium guilds prepare for 6-12 months for TGW, you really want to remove something like 80% of players from needing to have hours and hours of playtime to prepare? Thought you would want to increase things for people to do not eliminate. I really hope this is a bug.

I mean really, the changes to the requirements of war supplies benefits big guilds, and then remove even the chance for small guilds to participate. Great move.

Txornisx
03.27.2018 , 01:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Also, have you removed all the separate faction invasions? Like there used to be Balmorra (Imp) and Balmorra (Rep).
On DM only Imp guilds are invading Taris, is it even available for Rep guilds?

AlainaFlute
03.27.2018 , 01:10 PM | #5
For Taris, if you are on Imp side you will only see the Imp guilds invading. If you switch to your Pub toon, You will only see the Pub guilds invading it. Both sides can still invade it.

SteveTheCynic
03.27.2018 , 01:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Txornisx View Post
On DM only Imp guilds are invading Taris, is it even available for Rep guilds?
It is. Quesh/Nar/Taris. (On Leviathan).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Txornisx
03.27.2018 , 01:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlainaFlute View Post
thank you on the update!

JattaGin
03.27.2018 , 01:15 PM | #8
I don't think that they can answer your question, Ula. The intern from the Anthem team didn't tell them what he coded. It's all surprises for the team now every Tuesday (unless RNG offers them a repetion of a previous conquest).
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

SteveTheCynic
03.27.2018 , 01:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Wow, only 3 planets on TGW? Please confirm this is a bug. If there are only 3 planets on TGW that officially marks the end of crafting participation for small/medium/medium-large guilds. Hundreds of guilds are excluded, like 5 guilds can participate.
And the "tiered planet" system qualifies for the "EPIC FAIL" award and the "That's a giant shipload of FAIL you have there" bonus award. On The Leviathan tonight, Taris ("big") has one guild, Nar ("medium") has three, and Quesh ("small") has ... more than ten, including some of the largest guilds on the server.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Lhancelot
03.27.2018 , 01:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
If conquest waw homogenized before, what do you call it's current condition? Always 15k points, always 3 planets, where is the diversity you speak of exactly?
Don't fight it, this new system of conquest is diverse, just like the RNG gearing system is exciting.

It's a simple concept, consider the players voices as important and don't fix what is not broken.

Hey, at least the cartel market will offer specific items so you can buy them easier individually.

I am all for multi-tasking and handling different priorities at once, but by not addressing the conquest horror show with significant changes it comes off as disrespectful and apathetic to push out a yellow texted post about CM changes that are being implemented when the actual gameplay of the game has been compromised to the point people are quitting it.

Come on Eric, this happened with 5.0, the same thing happened and I personally quit back then as well as many others due to the same apathetic response from you guys not acknowledging and rectifying the damage you did with that patch trying to fix something that was not broken.

I just got back, and see the same pattern here. You guys are giving the people what they DONT want, then refuse to make significant changes to address major errors in judgement in the proper time before people feel disrespected and unappreciated.
If you care about the future of this game, please read this post by Joonbeams.
A "Ludicrous and Limited" Path to Tier 5 (a.k.a. the Case for Bolster to 258)
BW/EA, you will lose more players if you continue to punish PVP and alts.