Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there no trade/sell forum?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there no trade/sell forum?

psandak
04.13.2016 , 08:14 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
That's another matter entirely. The actual virtual item in the game has no value, it didn't directly cost them anything to code it. If McDonalds paid Nickelodeon for the right to sell their burgers as Krabby Patties for a month, they wouldn't charge more just because there's a fancy new title over it. The value remains the same despite the money they put in to obtain the rights. Same thing here, it's the same as all the other Lightsabers with a fancy new look. The value doesn't increase just because it cost them more to get the right to include a Kylo-style saber.
OK let's take the developers out of the discussion for a moment...

Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
They may not have cost real money to "make"(wow, really? you think a Dev designed and coded it for free? you think the rights to make these items were just given to EA/Bioware for nothing?), but they did cost real money to acquire. That is what psandak was asking you, how much money do you think it cost someone to acquire it to put it on the market to spend virtual currency on.
Exactly this, how much real money is being spent per arbiter's saber coming into the game?

Can we agree that the objective of selling CM items (whatever they may be) on the GTN is to convert real money into credits? Just to be clear the process I am talking about is:
  1. someone pays real money for CCs (whether sub fee or direct purchase is irrelevant; money changes hands and a player is granted CCs)
  2. that someone purchases a CM pack or something else on the CM
  3. that someone then either posts that pack (or item) on the GTN directly, or they open it and post what was inside on the GTN
  4. either way someone else uses credits to acquire the pack (or item) or the contents within
  5. the original CM pack purchaser then uses those credits to purchase something off the GTN or from a vendor

To me at least, this means that on some level every virtual object in this game that can be purchased for credits has a real monetary value: real money = CCs = sellable items = credits = purchasable items.

Tell me I'm wrong.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

casirabit
04.13.2016 , 08:23 PM | #182
You know OP instead of complaining about the price, which can change from server to server, you could make a toon and check the price of the servers, purchase the saber and then transfer back to the server you are on instead of spending all this time trying to get people to agree to limit their prices to something you think is fair in your opinion which everyone else disagrees with.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Aeneas_Falco
04.13.2016 , 09:06 PM | #183
I wouldn't even spend 50,000 credits on the Unstable Arbiter, let alone 20,000,000. I think it looks terrible, and that people are breaking the bank on it just because it's a rare item.

That said I think players should be entitled to charge whatever they want for them, so long as there is another player both willing and able to pay the asking price. It's not over-priced if people are regularly buying it at those prices. If it is over-priced, players will be forced to lower it until they find the sweet spot where players start purchasing it.

Your best bet OP, if you're not willing to pay the asking price for this overrated and ugly item, is to simply wait until it's replaced by some newer shiny item as the 'must have' item. Prices will fall on the Unstable Arbiter as demand falls. Right now the most sought after melee weapon from the CM and prices are reflecting that. That will eventually change with future packs.

I recently bought a Tythonian Force Master light saber for just under 1,000,000 credits. Like the Unstable Arbiter it is also a rare item, and on my server it wasn't rare at one time to see it going for 5 to 10 million credits. The difference is that it's an older CM item so demand for it has fallen, both because some players already purchased it nearer to it's debut, and because it is no longer the Flavor of the Month. I wouldn't be surprised that if in a year or so, the Unstable Arbiters will also be selling between the 1 million and 1.5 million credit range. Something else will have replaced it as the 20 to 30 million credit item.

beattlebilly
04.13.2016 , 09:13 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
That's another matter entirely. The actual virtual item in the game has no value, it didn't directly cost them anything to code it. If McDonalds paid Nickelodeon for the right to sell their burgers as Krabby Patties for a month, they wouldn't charge more just because there's a fancy new title over it. The value remains the same despite the money they put in to obtain the rights. Same thing here, it's the same as all the other Lightsabers with a fancy new look. The value doesn't increase just because it cost them more to get the right to include a Kylo-style saber.
I didn't say the rights and what-not makes them have more value, I said that it really did cost them to make it because they had to pay a Dev to code it, and they probably had to pay the rights to use the image, in counter to you saying that they didn't cost anything to make. It DID cost real money to MAKE the item, and people paid real money to acquire the item too. So yes, they do have value. Just because you disagree with the amount doesn't make it valueless. You obviously value the item, you want it so badly that you're willing to throw such a fit about it and degrade the system and the people that use the system. If it truly had no value, you wouldn't want it now would you?
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy