Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things in Chapter XII that don't make any sense...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Things in Chapter XII that don't make any sense...

bahramnima
04.11.2016 , 08:22 AM | #11
questions for op:
have you ever thought that we land on and leave zakuul with our pathetic ship while zakkul supposedly being guarded by eternal fleet??
have you ever thought how come we are training and supplying a rebel camp right in middle of zakkul??
NIMA

Frenesi
04.11.2016 , 08:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by nanamaryjj View Post
Light side, I felt the story made perfect sense,
However dark side annoyed the hell out of me, arcann did not get a killing blow at all,
All along I had agreed with valk , even kneeling to him in chapter one, yet he suddenly went from BFF to the neighbour from hell. Being so dismissing when you have always agreed with him, felt jarring and out of place
TBH, accepting Valkoiron's powers mostly feels out of place to begin with. Jedi's reasons are obvious, both of them clashing with Emperor before. Sith have a bad history of masters granting them "free" power. Agent has history of *********** with his/her mind in general.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

TUXs
04.11.2016 , 08:39 AM | #13
Great list CommanderKeeva!!! I absolutely agree 100% with everything you listed.

That being said...it was still a better chapter than 10 and 11 were. I'll take the story not making sense for every class over it being just dumb any day
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AlienEyeTX
04.11.2016 , 08:52 AM | #14
I agree with most of the stuff on the list.

My biggest peeve, though, is that we are able to "summon" Val in the secluded area. Since when do we get access to him on command?

Didn't it say somewhere in an earlier chapter that it doesn't work that way?

And, if we had that ability, why wouldn't we have questioned him about anything and everything by now? I'd either be his life partner or dead by this point because I wouldn't be putting up with his crap for months on end while trying to build an army.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

peter_plankskull
04.11.2016 , 08:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post

My biggest peeve, though, is that we are able to "summon" Val in the secluded area. Since when do we get access to him on command?

And, if we had that ability, why wouldn't we have questioned him about anything and everything by now? I'd either be his life partner or dead by this point because I wouldn't be putting up with his crap for months on end while trying to build an army.
He's always their, whether or not you guys respond to each other is different. You can talk to him whenever, and he can talk to you whenever.

TUXs
04.11.2016 , 08:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post

He's like herpes...he's always there and he'll only emerge at the worst possible time
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Theomachos
04.11.2016 , 09:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by nanamaryjj View Post
Light side, I felt the story made perfect sense,
However dark side annoyed the hell out of me,
DS characters are simply broken:
- thrown into an alliance for the greater good with people they hate
- many of these people deserve to die for their impertinence and disobedience (Koth, Jorgan, etc.)
- living on a paradise-planet ( It's so GREEEN !!!!)
- making speeches without any consequence (remember the "oppressive speech" ? where is this oppression now ? in the cantina, where I can take a drink with my friends ?!? - a drink ! my whole face is scarred and I'm wearing a mask, but sure....)
- making empty threats ( all the time a chose the "you have no idea what I can do to you"-option - now I feel like sobbing Anakin Skywalker )
- and finally: being friends with everybody

Most people in the galaxy should hate my character. Not "hate" like in "I don't like you", but "hate" like in "You killed my father, tortured my mother and destroyed everything I ever loved".

Solution: become a "grey" Jedi. Wheeeeee !!!!

Storm-Cutter
04.11.2016 , 09:22 AM | #18
I can't quite understand how I can zoom my speeder all over the Alliance war room - (In one case a Bantha)
Yet when I go out into the wide open countryside outside the base, there's a big invisible "NO BANTHAS" sign. GRR!

- I think the only reason Darth Marr's Ghost is hanging around Satele's camp is so he can watch while she has a shower under the waterfall....
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

DrewFromPhilly
04.11.2016 , 09:36 AM | #19
But at least there wasn't 10,000 skytroopers.
Unsubscribed (Founder, Jan 2012 - Jan 2017) and uninstalled

Nothing_Shines
04.11.2016 , 09:45 AM | #20
I agree with your well thought out list, OP.

I would add that one of my biggest peeves is how I am supposedly the commander-in-chief of the Alliance and yet people under my command, having received a direct order during a vital combat operation, openly defy that order, to my face, and go do whatever they (BW) wants to do, instead. I'm looking at you, Major Jorgan.

First in Chapter 11 and now again at the very end of Chapter 12, if you don't do exactly what Jorgan the special snowflake thinks should be done, he gives you the metaphorical middle finger in front of the Alliance command staff and goes off the reservation. He gives you a ration of **** for being late, calls your order into question twice, and then outright defies your orders before signing off and leaving you standing there holding your hydrospanner.

I mean, seriously? I can kinda squint my eyes to see my way to handwaving him not really wanting to work for me in Chapter 11 and then arguing with every single order I give, and ultimately making me his companion during the chapter, by telling myself he's just a Pub jerk really uncomfortable working for the lady who assassinated the previous Chancellor. My first instinct was to just bury him in the swamp and call it a day, but I didn't get that option, so whatever. But he's supposedly fully on board with the Alliance by this point. Why is it OK for him to constantly display insubordination and refuse to follow orders?

In fact, he refuses to follow a direct order given before the enemy (during combat) which is an offense punishable by execution. At the very least, he would be relieved of his command right then and his second would take over until he could be returned to base and tossed in the stockade until his court martial.

It's bad enough nearly everyone else who I outrank feels they know what's best and throw hissy fits about my orders constantly in the privacy of the command bunker, but now soldiers in the field can tell me to go screw, too?
NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS CLICK THE REFERAL LINK FOR ONE FREE SERVER TRANSFER, A FREE 7 DAY SUB & USEFUL UNLOCK BUNDLES FOR ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS! http://www.swtor.com/r/JbcDx4
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy