Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

Hi everyone, we understand your frustrations with this issue and, as I mentioned before, this is a high priority issue for our dev team and fix will be coming soon. Our hope is for this to be resolved for next week's maintenance, but we can't give a definitive time. Thank you for your patience in this.

EDIT: While you may follow the steps below, we definitely want players to choose their own path in their saga. Please rest assured that no matter what choice you make for your character, this issue will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, the current workaround is a preventative measure: In order to prevent this issue, players must look at every conversation option with Darth Tomen and always pick the one that shows they will get light side points in order to ensure mission progress.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, we understand your frustrations with this issue and, as I mentioned before, this is a high priority issue for our dev team and fix will be coming soon. Our hope is for this to be resolved for next week's maintenance, but we can't give a definitive time. Thank you for your patience in this.

In the meantime, the current workaround is a preventative measure: In order to prevent this issue, players must look at every conversation option with Darth Tomen and always pick the one that shows they will get light side points in order to ensure mission progress.

The Known Issues thread has been updated in the Customer Service forums.

You know its great and all the Dev's know about the problem. But incompetence is not excusable. There should be a work around to allow us that have finished to go to Illum and do dailies. Give us something in return. This is beyond comprehension how such a big bug made it through to launch. I have to spend the remainder of my free month waiting to be able to play.....

You know the workaround would be great if people would have actually know about it before completing the quest. Maybe send a mass email to all BH's, wait that would take to much effort.

You know if you fix the issue before the maintenance there is a such thing as an emergency patch, and considering how game breaking this is... you get the point. I didn't bring this character to 50 just to have to wait a week to be able to play it again....

Thanks for some update. I really hope that it is, indeed, fixed next week. I'm already so far behind my guildies in Daily Commendations. :(

It sucks that the workaround is to play through a story path that I don't enjoy (even if it doesnt matter to me since Im already bugged).

You know its great and all the Dev's know about the problem. But incompetence is not excusable. There should be a work around to allow us that have finished to go to Illum and do dailies. Give us something in return. This is beyond comprehension how such a big bug made it through to launch. I have to spend the remainder of my free month waiting to be able to play.....

You know the workaround would be great if people would have actually know about it before completing the quest. Maybe send a mass email to all BH's, wait that would take to much effort.

You know if you fix the issue before the maintenance there is a such thing as an emergency patch, and considering how game breaking this is... you get the point. I didn't bring this character to 50 just to have to wait a week to be able to play it again....

Oh no, the sky is falling! There's NOTHING to do in this game other than farm dailies. Give me a break.

Get in on some PvP, Flashpoints, Operations, or go finish up old quests.

High priority issue for months? Your joking right? This is a low priority issue for you, don't come here and tell us other things cause that's a lie.

Oh no, the sky is falling! There's NOTHING to do in this game other than farm dailies. Give me a break.

Get in on some PvP, Flashpoints, Operations, or go finish up old quests.

Way to be a &^* in a thread about lvl 50 BH's looking for answers. I have been doing PvP if you must know. I have done the Flashpoints. Operations are not in my frame of mind until the rest of my Guildies hit 50.

Bioware doesn't need your white knight attitude there capable of defending themselves. Nor do I need Mr. State the Obvious. Illum is the lvl 50 planet. For when not running Flashpoints. Doing Dailies is what you do in the mean time. Not everyone wants to run Huttball 24/7.

The sky is not falling, but this is more urgent than waiting for next weeks' patch.

Bioware should have taken the time during beta to learn to hotfix things on the fly... hopefully we get compensation or alot of people will be pissed..

Bioware should have taken the time during beta to learn to hotfix things on the fly... hopefully we get compensation or alot of people will be pissed..

The sky would fall if they gave compensation. This may get fixed by Tuesday. IMHO it won't. It'll be a week or two before they get around to it because Bioware is doing everything it can to ensure a quality experience to its customers.

I really don't think you understand our frustrations. You've poured 100+ hours into playing your character the way you wanted (it's the whole reason for the light/dark side options in the game!) and suddenly you're at the ultimate point in the story, where your decision will single handedly shape the future of a huge part of the galaxy and then suddenly you have to pick a particular choice which is the antithesis of your character just to avoid getting locked out of almost all the meaningful end game content.

I usually don't care about MMO stories, but SWTOR has done it so well that I do actually care. I played my BH from 1 to 50 as a dark side evil bas**** and having to make that ending decision was painful. I'm still VERY thankful I read the forums first and someone mentioned their light sided BH friend didn't bug out and they thought it was tied to the light side choices, so I did the same and didn't get bugged out. I can feel for all the other BHs though, especially the ones who first discovered the bug and warned those of us quite not there yet about it.

I think instead of patronizing us and saying you understand our frustrations, a much better thing to say is "Our dev team will add a way for BH to reset the story back before the bug so they can complete the story how how they want to. And here's 60 daily commendations for having to wait so long for us to fix it."

Anyways, keep up the good plotline work! But hire a better (and darker-sided) QA staff!

-Spekkio

The sky would fall if they gave compensation. This may get fixed by Tuesday. IMHO it won't. It'll be a week or two before they get around to it because Bioware is doing everything it can to ensure a quality experience to its customers.

yeah by not fixing something that has been an issue for a month in beta that they couldnt take the time to look at and fix.. instead they worry about jedi flirting and baby names in credits... sure shows the priority there. SI's are having the same issue as us and we're all not happy about it.. And by not giving us any kind of compensation just gimps us people that want to gear up to do operations.

So while all of our guildies/friends are doing operations with the proper gear they got from doing dailies we'll be stuck playing catch up for a mistake that was from what i heard constantly reported in beta and was ignored and never fixed... So if thats "ensuring a quality experience to its customers" we must all be in some other realm then you because the situation now doesn't show they care about quality too much..

yeah by not fixing something that has been an issue for a month in beta that they couldnt take the time to look at and fix.. instead they worry about jedi flirting and baby names in credits... sure shows the priority there. SI's are having the same issue as us and we're all not happy about it.. And by not giving us any kind of compensation just gimps us people that want to gear up to do operations.

So while all of our guildies/friends are doing operations with the proper gear they got from doing dailies we'll be stuck playing catch up for a mistake that was from what i heard constantly reported in beta and was ignored and never fixed... So if thats "ensuring a quality experience to its customers" we must all be in some other realm then you because the situation now doesn't show they care about quality too much..

You do realize that there are multiple different development teams for different aspects of the game, right? Each with their own workload. As a project manager, you can't tell the Animations dept to stop and fix a mission reward bug. That kind of mismanagement only leads to a heavily fragmented final product.

I'm sure most of these people do more work in a single day than most of you do in an entire week. They're not just sitting around a water cooler laughing about how angry you are over these things.

I understand that people are aggravated, but my initial point was against the "I CANT PLAY MY CHARACTER" whining going on. Believe me, I wish I could access the content as well. I don't like that I'm being left behind, but I'm making the most of it.

If you want to ***** and moan at this point, you can easily wait til Tuesday when they have tentative plans to have this fixed. If its not fixed then, start another 200 page thread. But the level of entitlement childishness in this thread is palpable.

You do realize that there are multiple different development teams for different aspects of the game, right? Each with their own workload. As a project manager, you can't tell the Animations dept to stop and fix a mission reward bug. That kind of mismanagement only leads to a heavily fragmented final product.

You should work at EA. You sound like you'd fit right into their garbage product development.

Blizzard waits until February to release D3 because they care about their products.

Just adding to the, "omg, I can't get to Ilum," posts.

I was a bit confused trying to work out how to get there, so hit google and found this problem. Got a bit annoyed, especially with people saying this has been a known issue for ages.

However, there's still plenty to do. Right now, my plans are:

- Find the remaining datacrons.

- Run some flashpoints.

- Do some more PvP.

Missing out on the dailies on Ilum is a pain for sure, especially with guildies linking various items in guild chat that they got from the vendors there, but it's not a game killer.

Missing out on the dailies on Ilum is a pain for sure, especially with guildies linking various items in guild chat that they got from the vendors there, but it's not a game killer.

Not at all. We should wait a month to access content we paid for (in my case 150).

I'm sure most of these people do more work in a single day than most of you do in an entire week. They're not just sitting around a water cooler laughing about how angry you are over these things.

I understand that people are aggravated, but my initial point was against the "I CANT PLAY MY CHARACTER" whining going on. Believe me, I wish I could access the content as well. I don't like that I'm being left behind, but I'm making the most of it.

If you want to ***** and moan at this point, you can easily wait til Tuesday when they have tentative plans to have this fixed. If its not fixed then, start another 200 page thread. But the level of entitlement childishness in this thread is palpable.

I think you misunderstand a project managers role if you believe they cannot tell animation etc to stop working on one thing and move onto another. It is part of their job to prioritise tasks and assign them out to the relevant department. Once they register a fix their internal test team verify the fix and move it into a live environment (in this case a PTS).

I dont think for one minute anyone considers development are sitting around doing nothing, they simply are not assigning the highest priority tasks in the correct manner, at least that is how it is perceived by the community (which in MMO's will often dictate priority to the development team).

Look every single player who plays a BH has every right to be annoyed that a bug such as this (that was reported in September) has not been fixed. The wording of the latest patch notes did nothing but fan the flames of this annoyance.

I think you misunderstand a project managers role if you believe they cannot tell animation etc to stop working on one thing and move onto another. It is part of their job to prioritise tasks and assign them out to the relevant department. Once they register a fix their internal test team verify the fix and move it into a live environment (in this case a PTS).

I don't imagine I misunderstand much as I am one. I don't take a specialty dept and put them to work on someone else's specialty project. Its horrible time inefficient and causes more problems down the road with sloppy code.

If I have a bug in software that we create, I put the appropriate team for that aspect of the software on it. If there's something more important pending, it waits until there's available manpower if its not a critical failure.

You should work at EA. You sound like you'd fit right into their garbage product development.

Blizzard waits until February to release D3 because they care about their products.

11 YEARS of development. You're saying you can wait for 11 years for a final product, but cant wait 2 weeks for a fix to a product you have access to?

I'd love to know what world you're living in.

I really don't think you understand our frustrations. You've poured 100+ hours into playing your character the way you wanted (it's the whole reason for the light/dark side options in the game!) and suddenly you're at the ultimate point in the story, where your decision will single handedly shape the future of a huge part of the galaxy and then suddenly you have to pick a particular choice which is the antithesis of your character just to avoid getting locked out of almost all the meaningful end game content.

I usually don't care about MMO stories, but SWTOR has done it so well that I do actually care. I played my BH from 1 to 50 as a dark side evil bas**** and having to make that ending decision was painful. I'm still VERY thankful I read the forums first and someone mentioned their light sided BH friend didn't bug out and they thought it was tied to the light side choices, so I did the same and didn't get bugged out. I can feel for all the other BHs though, especially the ones who first discovered the bug and warned those of us quite not there yet about it.

I think instead of patronizing us and saying you understand our frustrations, a much better thing to say is "Our dev team will add a way for BH to reset the story back before the bug so they can complete the story how how they want to. And here's 60 daily commendations for having to wait so long for us to fix it."

Anyways, keep up the good plotline work! But hire a better (and darker-sided) QA staff!

-Spekkio

Another reason why pure dark side as a BH is stupid. (actually if you take a long term view, MOST of the dark side choices are just stupid and do not benefit the empire or yourself.)

MY BH went with the most utilitarian, self-serving (the empire is my meal ticket, i don't want them doing stupid **** to undermine themselves), and honorable actions (Mandalorian honor) and hit level 50 at light 4. I always thought the people who do all dark side aren't really thinking about their choices in a long term way, because they'd realize that most of those choices will be bad for them in the end. The final choice in the battle for ilum FP is a perfect example...

Anyway, Joveth is wrong, it's not just going ls when talking to darth tormen. it's also going LS when talking to the chancellor!

Also, as a side note, anyone heard of any smugglers reporting the same issue? This happened to me on my beta smuggler (same exact bug) when I chose the LS way (which led to a completely different cutscene/quest ending than the DS way)

11 YEARS of development. You're saying you can wait for 11 years for a final product, but cant wait 2 weeks for a fix to a product you have access to?

I'd love to know what world you're living in.

It's been in development for five years. I expected better polish. They've known about this bug since September and did nothing.

Queue the outrage at spending $150 + $15 a month and not getting a working game.

I don't imagine I misunderstand much as I am one. I don't take a specialty dept and put them to work on someone else's specialty project. Its horrible time inefficient and causes more problems down the road with sloppy code.

So what you said there is different to what i said how? Fixing a bug for a quest is far different than assigning art assets/animation assets etc. As a project manger you will know that a certain amount of development time following a product launch is spent in a bug fixing phase. We have had what, one patch and a few hot fixes? Please?! With the size of the team on this project more should and is expected.

Also for you reference it is pretty much what I do for a living too.

Edited by Mauridius