Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updating. Just taking TDM Kills, and TDM Kills & Assists (for now).

X/50 and

X/35 brackets

Why does the X/35 bracket exist? Why not X/36 or X/37? Is there some hard rule I'm not aware of where matches end at 35 kills instead of 50?

Why does the X/35 bracket exist? Why not X/36 or X/37? Is there some hard rule I'm not aware of where matches end at 35 kills instead of 50?

It's so I can have a world record you don't, shut up and let me have my glory :<

In seriousness: I've been assuming that x/35 really applies to matches that go to time with at least 35 but at most 49 kills. These matches tend to be much more even than ones where one team wins by getting 50 kills. Now, obviously, there's going to be 49-50 matches and whatnot, but in my experience close matches with 50 kills are more rare.

I think a better way to do it would have been to use "completed match" and "to time" brackets. Thus, one is x/50, the other is x/y.

Is one more representative of skill? Does that mean we should favor one bracket over the other? I don't think so. At the very least, I don't think that's something that should be up to the record keepers -- let the viewers make their own decisions.

What is your suggestion? There is X/50 that is given. Should we scrap X/Y totally?

paowee, instead of doing X/Y kills for deathmatch, just have two brackets:

1) Kills (and kills + assists) when your team wins by hitting 50 points

2) Kills (and kills + assists) when the TDM ends because of time

In the case of number 1, you're likely to see bigger scores because if you're dominating and farming, your team is going to get lots of kills.

Number 2 represents a pure kills-per-time (15 minutes) measurement, often in a more competitive match (since neither team reaches 50). Mae'thon's current X/35 score would go in this category.

If you do this, here's some scores for me in the #2 category:

For TDM kills when time runs out:

Callem - S-12 Blackbolt - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 25 kills when time runs out - http://i.imgur.com/91mdzrr.jpg

For TDM kills + assists when time runs out

Callem - S-12 Blackbolt - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 30 kills + assists when time runs out - http://i.imgur.com/91mdzrr.jpg

Thanks