To all the people buying dozens of cartel paks to get Varactyl...

CaptRavenous

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this means that the cool new armor is going to be pretty cheap in a couple of days since so many packs got opened :)

I opened 54 packs (Long story) and didn't find the Varactyl. Luckily I wasn't really looking for it, I was trying to find the Unfettered Trench Coat primarily, but I didn't get that either. Which is why I am really hoping it will be on the GTN for 1-2 million at most. My Agents and Dark-side Smuggler are screaming for that coat . . .

Anyway, I am glad that I was able to support the game a little more this month! :i_angel:

Edited by Cyberwoman

Though I do agree with the OP, I feel a bit gutted after seeing the Varactyl myself, after a friend already got it. I'm still interested in getting him from the GTN, even if it is expensive as hell but the in-game Varactyl is HALF the size of the one you see on the Preview Window.

Again, kinda gutted but still, here's hoping. :cool:

Agreed :D

Also, special thanks to the people who say they hate the game but still pay their monthly sub ;)

If those people get "special thanks", what do I get for subbing, buying items from the market, and loving the game? Come on...there has to be a cookie or something in that for me! ;)

I opened 54 packs (Long story) and didn't find the Varactyl. Luckily I wasn't really looking for it, I was trying to find the Unfettered Trench Coat primarily, but I didn't get that either. Which is why I am really hoping it will be on the GTN for 1-2 million at most. My Agents and Dark-side Smuggler are screaming for that coat . . .

Anyway, I am glad that I was able to support the game a little more this month! :i_angel:

I bought a few packs and got 2 of the trench coats.

I opened 54 packs (Long story) and didn't find the Varactyl. Luckily I wasn't really looking for it, I was trying to find the Unfettered Trench Coat primarily, but I didn't get that either. Which is why I am really hoping it will be on the GTN for 1-2 million at most.

Geez, I hope that Trench Coat sells for that much. I got 3 of those and have no interest in using it. If it were the Troublemaker Duster, then that would be a different story.

Though I do agree with the OP, I feel a bit gutted after seeing the Varactyl myself, after a friend already got it. I'm still interested in getting him from the GTN, even if it is expensive as hell but the in-game Varactyl is HALF the size of the one you see on the Preview Window.

There was a video of the Varactyl in action about 10 days ago from the Chicago cantina tour and then pictures put up here yesterday by BW. The size is consistent with those. The preview window display is obviously bugged. There's no way they would make an animal mount that big anyway....it looks ridiculously big in the preview window.

The good thing about it being in packs instead of being obtained like the Tauntaun is that you just need to get 1 and then you can unlock it on all of your characters through collections instead of having to grind them out 1 by 1 like the Tauntaun.

:rak_02:

what server you are? I have opened 54 pacs. and got about 3 or 4 of this trench coat.

lol my friend is selling me 1 for 100k

The coat is a common item and you'll probably be able to buy it for cheap.

It's funny, people have been begging for Tauntauns for all eternity and now all interests in Tauntauns seem to have mysteriously vanished with the arrival of Varactyls. Last week everyone wanted a Tauntaun, now everyone wants a Varactyl and I bet that whatever animal mount comes next, (Bantha, Reek, Nexu, Rancor etc. etc.) people will want that one.

Many people don't even want the Varactyl, just fall victim to the hype. They'll ride it for 2 days and then forget it even existed in favor of whatever comes next.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

It's funny, people have been begging for Tauntauns for all eternity and now all interests in Tauntauns seem to have mysteriously vanished with the arrival of Varactyls. Last week everyone wanted a Tauntaun, now everyone wants a Varactyl and I bet that whatever animal mount comes next, (Bantha, Reek, Nexu, Rancor etc. etc.) people will want that one.

Many people don't even want the Varactyl, just fall victim to the hype. They'll ride it for 2 days and then forget it even existed in favor of whatever comes next.

It's called "rarity".

Tauntauns can be bought for credits.

Varactlys are found in Cartel Packs.

Therefore, Varactyls are more rare and appealing than Tauntauns simply because not everyone can buy them (like Tauntauns). Most of the people you see buying Packs hoping to get a Varactyl are the same ones who just want to have something others don't only to hop around on their mount in busy areas of the fleet.

Edited by TheNahash

It's pretty obvious that Bioware put this mount in the cartel packs for exactly this reason. People would buy loads and loads just to get the mount, which i and many other of my guild members think its much cooler than the tauntaun.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673516

Nevermind

Edited by Greenify