BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

+1 For the last few posts.

There are some great PvPers in this thread RayGonJinn - I've had the pleasure of running with some on the PTS, some have their own Youtube channels, and we've all been where you are now. A big fish in a little pond against some terrible undergeared badly played pugs.

There are other big fish out there though. Reeeaaally really big ones. Play in some competitive ranked warzones. Check out the PTS when some of the large guilds are on.

There is a whole strata of skillsets above where you are now. It is there where we are weak. It is there where we need improvement. And it is obvious from your video that you have not even begun to scratch that layer yet.

Anyway. Keep bumping posts on the PTS forum please people, we need some feedback.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RayGon when you say the class is fine, post your video and then type stuff like this....

i can hang with the best classes on the server even the smashers... i mean whats so hard about kill'em before they kill you? they may hit that first smash but when they go for the force stasis/choke just cc break and knock'em back. not must sigularity got build and cleanse the force exhaustion. I'm just gonna PvP a little more on my mando and posts more vids. You may belittle other players i may defeat by calling them no hopes (and they were but they had my team 2 capp'd and time was ticking) but My commando makes healers disappear from the battle field pretty quick and hangs witht the best dps on my server. More vids coming.

...you are going to get flamed.

If you have spent any time on the forums reading any of the commando/merc threads you would realize the VAST majority of commando/merc players are saying they need plenty of dev-work to be competitive at higher-end PVP.

Are you a unique butterfly who has discovered a playstyle the rest of us have not discovered? It's possible, but your your video evidence points to the contrary.

I don't mean to belittle you but do you really believe you are right and just about everyone else is wrong?

Delusion can be fun but should only be taken in small doses.

Good day to you sir or madam.

Edited by Mercury_Down

I tried to google where i should give 2 ****s about what you think of me and my gameplay. I mean by nature you humans turn the stupidest things into big deals. And i could go on but unlike you all on the thread im not here to rant and cry. I dont see any of you posting videos on how the class is really done to teach others how to do it correctly. But what i do see is a bunch of cry babies whining about a class mot being up to par on other classes. You don't appreciate what the class offers yet you still play the class. That right there lets me know how impulsive and judgemental you all are. Post videos oh great ones on how good the class can be played atm so the "noobs" like myself can play better. See you can execute but you can't teach, I hope you don't have kids because you guys are all the trouble this world needs. And i never boasted about anything. I just said i think i do fine with the class. Fine as in ok, not great. Great would be boasting, Stay in school. Show better or shut up. Your not on my server. You dont know the regulars or the pvp'ers who win warzones. You don't know so that makes you ignorant. When the video started the imps had 2 capped. I went east because the 4 pug guys could not handle the imps at south. Bad imps even worse pubworses. I got to east and got raped by 4 (count it...4) imps and while i was getting attacked by the 4 imps what was happening? South got cappd because the imps over commited for 1 commando. I didnt keep going south because if we couldnt handle south in the beginning when it got capped by the imps what makes you think it could have been held? While my team was 2 people down because of 1 guarding west and me giving free kills at east the imps were always extra players short at south because of me. The no objective guy. And at the end it payed off because i capped east and the pubs won that match. Bad gameplay? So be it. My team won the match. Class dismissed.

Whatchu mean "you humans" green man?

That's no excuse to ever give someone a response that I was getting. You all are nothing but executioners, quick to see whats wrong with a player, his play style, tactics. Not the fact that the end result was good. You only see what's wrong with something and thats why this threads pages are @ 155 pages long and nothing has changed for the class because you all are irrational and impulsive. You can't trust the words of biased people and that's why this thread hasn't impacted the Class at all or any of the Devs decisions on improving the class. And for the attack on the "AFK'er" #1 its not my fault he was afk. #2 He was an extra body that could've been in my way when capping so i got rid of him. #3 I posted the time to go to for the vid not to boast. It was to not waste to much of your time to get you to see how my survivablitly was against 2 attackers. And after the cap I was attacked by 2 attackers. Just that time it wasn't a sacrifice of my HP i actually gave them a fight unlike the last 2-3 attempts at east. No boasting at all it was to show that if i lasted that long against them actauly using my cool downs and fighting back I think my commando is fine. But you all are blind executioners. I don't take likely to bullying via real life or web and if you were in my face I'd more than likely slap your lips off your face then ask you "Are you going to do something or sit at you pc and bleed?" Respond to that. Now like I said "Oh Great One" if the job can be done better than show it. Either SHOW IT or SHUT UP!

You see that bolded part? You wanted us to see how your survivability was against two attackers. Both of whom were in completely fresh recruit gear. One of whom was freaking afk. AFK!

Yeah we're gonna tear down anything you post. We're gonna dissect anything anyone posts or says. Welcome to the adult world boyo.

Now if you had posted that vid asking for critique, we would have made the SAME COMMENTS, though we might have phrased them nicer. We would have pointed out how you should have just gone south instead of starting to go south, then starting to go west, then turning around and going back north, then losing the cap.

You think your commando is fine because you lasted so long? Again that's because your attackers were woefully undergeared in relation to you. WOEFULLY. Like holy crap wow their gear is bad.

Face it. You posted that video looking for attention. I dunno if you intentionally trolled or if you honestly thought you did a real good job. Given your response I'm still not sure (holy crap wall of texts).

If I give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't trolling though, then your entire demeanor when you posted that video was "whatever, people just need to L2P, I do just fine, check this video out. Especially go to <part where I happen to win a 1v2, I'll leave out the part where one of them was afk>"

And you do that kind of thing HERE you better post a freaking amazing PVP video. What you posted was basically asking to get smacked down.

If trolling I give you a 2/10.

If serious, I give your PVP a 3/10.

Either way yo you kinda fail.

Class dismissed.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Umm..yeah, you really can't call yourself "fine" when one of the two you fought was apparently AFK, with just over 15K health, and the other had just over 14K health.

It's like having a highschooler beat up a 5th grader.

And the other was *tank stance* with 14k in HP. Whole video is dude just derping around trying and failing to be rambo. And then at the end of the video his voice reveals he's like 7 years old LOL.

The issues with commandos/mercenaries are not huge and don't matter for PUGs. They matter for RWZ. Here is what it boils down to:

1) They do the same DPS as sorcs, without the mobility or utility.

2) They do the worse healing than either sorcs or operatives, with less survivability and utility.

3) They do less DPS than any melee class and at best tie ranged classes, without any survivability or utility.

They're a turret class without any kiting capability or protection from interrupts or control. They're a sniper without cover or knockbacks and roots that does *less* damage.

Anyway, they're not so bad that you can't PUG with them, I do it all the time on my merc, but they bring *nothing* to the table for RWZ and still won't post-patch - because that net just isn't enough to make them worth bringing over something else. Every other class has at least one thing going for them that makes bringing them to RWZ have value. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, they don't need double DPS, or epic heals, they just need one or two utilities that make them worth taking to RWZ.

Edited by dcgregorya

Some of you commando / mercs have totally let yourself down tearing this fellow player a new one no wonder the devs have not posted what a sad sight.

Heh, yeah that's TOTALLY the reason why the devs haven't said anything to us in months.

:rolleyes:

Hard to fix a broken class to start with. Time will tell here shortly if they fix them or pull a biofail. With all honestly this game has been getting better but is it too late? Bioware fixing mercs or breaking them more will speak loudly of what they care about. The community or the cartel market. I feel as if the market is the main focus specifically with the new reputation system for the market.

Im on a rp server and dont deal with the **** you gotta deal with anyway lmao i give 2 ***** about your pvp merc mando problem. And im glad your class if getting ****ed to :p you ******e deserved to get sweeped and smashed by the melee and dominated by the shadows and assassins. Lol thats what ******* ****s like u guys deserve lol peace out

Im on a rp server and dont deal with the **** you gotta deal with anyway lmao i give 2 ***** about your pvp merc mando problem. And im glad your class if getting ****ed to :p you ******e deserved to get sweeped and smashed by the melee and dominated by the shadows and assassins. Lol thats what ******* ****s like u guys deserve lol peace out

Found my favorite post of the day!

Hes from a RP server. He RP's a guy who's signature move is the double post

Oooooh, now it's OUR pvp merc/mando problem. Now it's OUR class.

Man try to point out how a guy could be better and he gets all butt hurt. This is why we can't have nice things.

BTW do you roll play a prison tart? Cause you're doing an excellent job.

Hes from a RP server. He RP's a guy who's signature move is the double post

Checking his post history, he's from Bergeron COlony, and plays a Vigilance Guardian.

Here's a video of him backpedaling and basically being left alone to do nothing because his ranked team knows he can't do damage worth it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goKYvBDfJEM&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Koyaanisqat

+1 For the last few posts.

There are some great PvPers in this thread RayGonJinn - I've had the pleasure of running with some on the PTS, some have their own Youtube channels, and we've all been where you are now. A big fish in a little pond against some terrible undergeared badly played pugs.

There are other big fish out there though. Reeeaaally really big ones. Play in some competitive ranked warzones. Check out the PTS when some of the large guilds are on.

There is a whole strata of skillsets above where you are now. It is there where we are weak. It is there where we need improvement. And it is obvious from your video that you have not even begun to scratch that layer yet.

Anyway. Keep bumping posts on the PTS forum please people, we need some feedback.

I've played against Zach here quite a bit and he is easily the best dps commando on the Shadowlands server.

He is 100% correct in his statement here. I have a alt that is a merc and Zach rolls me all day long but if I get on my marauder or sin I'll eat him for lunch, why is that? Am I more skilled than him (no), do I have better group support (sometimes), the real reason is the class is inherently weak (the reasons have all been listed).

Any good melee player will kill a merc in 99/100 encounters, your only hope is that they don't notice you while you do your thing to them.

Can you pug stomp in regs? sure, but you can do that in any class/build if you're a good player. In fact I have a joke going with my guild that my Merc is an idiot test, If I can 1v1 you with my Merc you must be an idiot.

I rolled a marauder in beta when people thought they were bad (they never were) and while they got consistent buffs and QoL improvements Mercs got over nerfed. Merc is my preferred ranged class and I sincerely hope they get a boost that makes them viable in Ranked, even if that means having Zach loling over my dead body more.

Frustrated and Frantic, Unhappy and Ugly, Commandos are constipated, Kicked and Kicked, Tired and Telling , Hellish and Hurt, Entwined in Evil, Developers and Dullards, Encumbered in Embarassment, Viciously Vocal, Elitist Explanations, Luckless losers, Obsolete, not Overpowered, Pain and Punishment, Entrusted with the End, Rutty and Rustic,Still suck. Edited by PerinnAybara

Frustrated and Frantic.

Unhappy and Ugly.

Commandos are constipated.

Kicked and Kicked.

Tired and Telling.

Hellish and Hurt.

Entwined in Evil.

Developers and Dullards.

Encumbered in Embarassment.

Viciously Vocal.

Elitist Explanations.

Luckless losers.

Obsolete, not Overpowered.

Pain and Punishment.

Entrusted with the End.

Rutty and Rustic.

Still suck.

Just got what you did there. +1

Edited by DariusCalera

Frustrated and Frantic, Unhappy and Ugly, Commandos are constipated, Kicked and Kicked, Tired and Telling , Hellish and Hurt, Entwined in Evil, Developers and Dullards, Encumbered in Embarassment, Viciously Vocal, Elitist Explanations, Luckless losers, Obsolete, not Overpowered, Pain and Punishment, Entrusted with the End, Rutty and Rustic,Still suck.

I think I like you.