Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

I am currently a recruit on the empire side, found so far to be enjoying myself playing with my wife. We are lower levels and most everyone is 55 so getting people to do the 4 mans with in the lower levels hasn't happened yet. When I log on and say hi I always get at least 1 hi back, I am sure once I get up in levels I will be able to be more a part of what everyone is doing.

I'm on the Republic side, as a recruit as well (still processing), and have had similar experiences, because of my lower level compared to others, but I'm getting up there. Dominus has been a nice group of people so far. When I have things to say, or need help, I usually get a response almost immediately. I play as a Jedi Sentinel in the guild, named Markanis.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say this is the most interesting group of people I've been associated with. At one point, you feel like you're with loving family, the next you feel as if you've been tossed into an asylum. However, this guild has been nothing but fun, and I can't wait to have more memorable adventures with these crazy, lovable screwballs.

OK. I am currently in the application processing stream with Pax, and I was asked to come here and share my thoughts about the process and the group.

*mandatory disclaimer* I am providing this statement of my own free will. There is no one holding a blaster or light saber to my head. My posting here in no way constitutes any official endorsement of this organization. Comments here are my sole opinion, and may differ from that of others*

THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY- RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!

No seriously, the process is... unique... but quite a bit of fun. It's designed for you to get to know the members of Pax, not just the characters they play in game X. It's also designed for them to get to know you. If you love gaming, want to consider being with a social, cooperative group of like-minded people, then really, you should consider applying.

Just... if you do... think of it as a lot like frosh week...

She got it exactly right! I am also a new recruit and I have enjoyed the recruitment process and getting to know the other members. I look forward to becoming a full member myself and playing games with Pax for many years!

-Jalicejade

Edited by Eimie

I thought really hard about joining Pax after it was recommended by a friend. I haven't ever applied for a guild or played a MMO, so I was intimidated by this process. I discussed everything with a couple of my friends (not involved with Pax but a different guild) and learned that they had some issues with their guilds. IMO, because they didn't really get to know their guilds but just filled out some questions and were selected by their answers. Pax isn't like that...they get to know you and want to know that you are truly interested in becoming more knowledgeable about the game and community as a whole.

I'm still a little overwhelmed, but most of that is just learning not only how to play a MMO but also how guilds run. I've had a lot of really great support, the people are very nice and very inclusive. They are all insanely knowledgeable and willing to help for any of your questions. :)

I am currently in the application phase with Pax. It has been a fun experience - lots of fun questions, some harder than others. But all in all, it has been a fun ride so far. I think it's good for a group like this to get to know its members and that's definitely what Pax does during this process. It also gives them an opportunity to screen out the ones who may not fit the criteria they're looking for (hope that's not me!). Seriously though, don't be scared about the questions. They're just trying to get to know you and it also gives you a chance to know them. They seem like good guys and gals and you should definitely give them a chance!

I'm about halfway through my recruitment process with Pax, and I can say without a doubt that these are some of the nicest people you're going to find. The recruitment process looks like a mix between a job application and an interrogation, but it really isn't like that. They truly do seem to want to get to know you. There are no in-game evaluations or tests you have to pass or anything like that. You don't have to beat X or get to Y level before you can apply. Relax, don't worry, this is a good group of people no matter where you are in the game.

I am on the last day of my application period and I have to say I am impressed with the Pax Community thus far. I have been in more groups with the people of Pax than I have been in the last 6 months and everyone has been VERY help full. I am certainly hoping I am allowed to become a full member and I have already mentioned the community to several friends!

If you are looking for good people to play with, look no further!

Mum'ra/Calow

**DISCLAIMER** - I too, have not been forced to post my thoguhts on the process or the Guild at all. I am volunteering my opinions and thoughts about Pax, the applications process and current memebers.

I am in the recruitment process with Pax and I have nothing bad to say about the process at all!

All members that I have spoken to so far have been very helpful, open and ready to help a n00b in need if the opportunity has arisen. I am very much looking forward to getting involved in any way that I can and get to know each and every one of it's members, and perhaps in other games as well.

Pax Dominus Recruit; MrG1BZ

I'm about halfway through the recruitment process and I have to say that it is very easy. The recruitment method Pax uses differs from any other guild or clan I have been a member of. Not only does it allow the current Pax membership to get to know you and see if you are right for the group but it also allows you to do the same. In the past I have joined groups only to find out a few weeks in that they just weren't my kind of people for whatever reason and Pax has found a way to prevent that. I was surprised at how welcoming and friendly everyone is towards a applicant. They made me feel like I had been with them for years from the first time I jumped on TS with them. I look forward to many enjoyable times with Pax should they find me suitable for their organization.

So I am Currently halfway done with the Process. Its been pretty lax and easy to do. Mostly you find people asking you crazy questions and brain teasers. Everyone there is extremely friendly and open to questions. I cant wait until I hit 55 and can start the end game content. Really if you want a group of people that are willing to help join pax. PAX ROCKS.

Greetings all.

I am a recruit currently going through the process. Please do not feel intimidated or nervous about it. The people have been friendly, kind and open. Yes they ask you some really weird questions sometimes that initially might feel awkward, but you soon realize that there really are no wrong answers. It really is an attempt to get to know you and if you make the effort, you get to know them. Don't be afraid to hit them up with serious OR my favorite funny questions to get to know them. Also I highly recommend you use their TeamSpeak server as this will help with the process.

They seem to have people who enjoy all kinds of play. PvE, PvP, RP, grouping up, leveling, raiding and questing. Does that mean there is always someone on who wants to do what you want to do.... well no but no guild can promise that. Does that mean that often there is someone on who wants to do what you want to do DEFINATLY yes. Also so many of the people are so nice that you will find yourself trying different kinds of play that you might not have done otherwise opening you up to a more full enjoyment of what the games offer. Also on that note, it is nice to have a community that can be with you through more than one game. Already I have tried another game with members of Pax and have had a lot of fun doing it ( Dam you to hell Croena!!!! ).

So if the description of the guild peeks your interest but you feel nervous about the process let me tell you to leave those fears behind. From my own experience it seems to really have work well with the members and other recruits I have interacted with.

So I wish all good luck with their search for a guild, but I ask you to give Pax a real look and check out their website for more information. You might find as I have that they have a lot to offer and might be just the right place to call home.

As i've been going through the Pax recruitment process i have been pretty impressed at how laid back and friendly everyone has been, both the SWTOR chapter as well as the other chapters that's part of the Pax network. its been a real pleasure so far. I look forward to officially becoming part of the family and enjoying all this game has to offer

I've been going through the recruitment process lately, and I can't talk it up enough. The style Pax uses involving a constant communication through your recruitment thread is a wonderful way to get to know everyone. I was gone on a business for a week and unable to play, but I kept up on my recruitment thread via my phone and really felt connected to the community.

I feel like this is a group you can really get to know and game with long term.

I recently applied for recruitment into PAX, and since joining, my game time on SWTOR has improved sooo much.

Flashpoints, operations, warzones, just farting around, chatting with folks, chatting via Shoutbox at work, looking at all the OTHER GAMES they play...

It's a real community, and something I've been really thankful to get an opportunity to be a part of. Plus... some really hilarious comments in the recruitment thread. I'm actually expecting to see my IRL best friend join soon!

Hey there, I'm currently going through the recruitment cycle for Pax and it's been rather fun :D Some of the officers have some goofy questions or scenarios which makes the application process all the more fun! And it's great to know that even if I were to quit one game and join another I could still be a part of the community and join one of their guilds on that game :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I am also currently in the recruiting process for Pax Gaming, and overall I have found it to be a very refreshing experience. The thing I like most about how Pax handles recruitment is that you get the opportunity to get to know people there, and they you. It's not a difficult process by any means, but it does provide a warming up period for you and the community to become familiar with each other through interaction over their forums.

I've found all the fun back and forth of questions to be highly entertaining at times. So far my in-game experiences have also been positive, though to be honest my playtime has been a little on the light side more recently. RL has a way of doing that. But all in all...I would encourage anyone looking for a friendly group of helpful people to apply! :) You won't regret it, especially if you tend to hop between games and would love to have a robust multi-gaming community to call home when you do so!

Im in the application process of PAX atm. Im here to post my thoughts and the impressions I made during this time.

When Blamm'o asked me, if Im interested in joining PAX and she told me about the application process, I thoughtI was asked by some other guilds to join them and wouldnt have to do an application process. So it took some time til I finally decided to run through the application. And I must say, I dont regret this decision. It was great to meet new ppl and make new friends.

The people in guild are a nice bunch of ppl and it has been always fun to be on TS with them. They are really calm and mature player, but also fun loving ppl. There was always something going on and always had ppl to do something together in game, pvp as well as pve (though I basically pvp).

I never saw drama going on or someone rage quitting, even when we got our asses kicked really bad in pvp. Its a group of ppl who work together, helping out others while lvling and grouping up for different things in game. Some of them also like RP and there are good singers in guild ;)

They have regular events going on like Raids, pvp-events and soon to come also a Karaoke night.

Its a well populated guild and even me as a Euro saw always ppl on, so there a guildies on all the time.

So thanks for all of you PAX for the fun in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by Irneth

I've completed my application and have been recruited to the guild. I'm happy to have done it. I second all the above positive remarks. There were thought provoking and imaginative questions given. They're wonderful to game with.

The only criticism I would give would be that sometimes I would spend considerable amount of time thinking through and typing a reply to a question, or sometimes I would reply with questions for clarification, but receive no feedback. When there is dialog or basic feedback and appreciation of effort, it feels more communal and in the spirit of the guild. When effort is returned with silence it feels a little more cold and distant, or like an extended job interview when you anxiously and futilely wonder what's in the head of the questioner. This does not make me think less of the individual guildmates, who are lovely folk, but may be something to consider for the process. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Pax is a fabulous community with wonderful people. The application process is actually entertaining to go through and this comes from someone who detests being asked questions. Thus far I have seen only friendly people gaming together. No drama, no rage quitters, no douchebags. I'd recommend this community to anyone seeking something a lil different from the norm.

I'm currently about halfway through the application process for Pax Imperius. This is by far the most thorough, yet entertaining, process for joining a gaming group. From my experience so far it will be well worth it. The attention given during recruitment seems to result in a very tight-knit, respectful group of gamers.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to apply! I look forward more good times online with Pax.