"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

Eszi

Here are the changes made to sentinel in 1.2

Awe no longer costs Focus to activate.

It's a mezz. With 1 min cd. Doesn't make much difference.

Dispatch can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).

Well guess what. All other classes can use their execute ability @ 30%

Force Kick no longer costs Focus to activate.

It's an interrupt. Nothing else.

Force Leap now places a "root" visual effect on the affected target.

Probably the most OP thing EVER.

Master Strike can no longer be interrupted, and its damage has been increased by approximately 15%.

The ONLY damage increase. It's a 30 sec cd. Just stun/knockback/move 5 steps to the side and there you go, you interrupted it.

Crippling Throw's "Trauma" effect can no longer be cleansed.

It's the only thing that can prevent 2-3 healers healing each other. Should had been uncleansable from the start.

Force Camouflage now additionally reduces all damage taken by 50% while active.

Just fyi, before 1.2 we could had spec'd into 100% damage reduction. And there was no QQ about it.

Pacify no longer has a Focus cost and is no longer limited by the global cooldown.

Considering the massive damage it deals, yeah, it's sooooo imba.

Transcendence now affects all Operation Group members.

It's a bug fix.

Zen (while in Ataru Form) now additionally reduces the Focus cost and global cooldown of Cyclone Slash.

Nothing to see here.

Focused Pursuit has been replaced by Focused Leap, which increases the Focus generated by Force Leap.

Doesn't change anything for watchman, since it was possible to get it pre-1.2.

Force Fade no longer grants damage reduction while Force Camouflage is active. It now increases the duration of Force Camouflage by 1 second per point and increases the movement speed bonus of Force Camouflage by 10% per point.

Good thing to waste 2 points tbh.

Inflammation now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY IT'S USEFUL

Valor is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree and has replaced Quick Recovery.

So we lost pretty much any aoe (except for focus spec).

There you go. Now which change caused all of the QQ threads to appear?

And for all the guarded by the force/undying rage whiners - it's there since 1.0, even since the beta, and there wasn't a single thread about it before 1.2.

Just because your precious tracer lightning spam got nerfed, doesn't mean all of the other classes should get nerfed as well. It just shows how bad you are, when you have to use more than 1 button.

That is all.

PS.: L2P

TL;DR: The ONLY damage increase in 1.2 for sentis/maras was the 15% buff for master strike/ravage, guarded/undying rage was there since 1.0, so how come there was no QQ about it before?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, ok I want my hardest hitting attacks damage increased by 15% as well since that is not op, that would be hidden strike btw.

(edit) oh, and to make stuff really balanced orbital strike casts are now no longer possible to be interrupted.

And while we are at it increase shock/project damage by 15% rail shot damage by 15%.... let`s keep it fair.

Edited by Bazzoong

1.2 didn't change only sents/maras. there were changes to pretty much every other class as well as sweeping global changes. expertise linear scaling. increased top tier expertise values. healing nerfs. changes to defensive cooldowns of other classes. basically everyone's damage went up and survivability decreased, but sent/mara survivability decreased a lot less relative to most other classes. your douchey analysis is too limited and does not reflect the entirety of 1.2 changes.

I rerolled mara on a populated server, left my two non-mara BM 50s and multiple alts behind on some dead rock. My server's pvp community was tiny and the imps were heavy on maras even before the patch notes were announced, so i know which maras were bad and which were good. Post-patch even the bad maras were destroying people. Their good healers either stopped playing as much or rerolled maras with similar names. In my experience maras have a lot of options to survive. Bad ones don't use them and die, good ones use them and are OP. In the 1.2 environment maras will usually kill people before the maras even need to worry about their multiple offensive/defensive cooldowns unless they are outnumbered. then the bad ones die, and the good ones still might win or escape.

Edited by Rippeh

"Maras are OP, survivability bla bla bla..."

All snipers MM are just laughing right now...

More maras on the battlefield, more targets for them ;)

Strange thing, i see a lot of snipers reroll on 1-49 bracket.

Some dps classes take more than 2-3 keybinds and healers can't facetank melee anymore.

That's why there are OP threads. People cannot figure out their dps rotation, are dying while sitting still trying to spam heals, or have to actually be smart with cc and its not fair.

Edited by Moosestick

Everything seems to boil down to this:

"Marauders got a small buff, everyone else got nerfed, therefore Marauder is OP, nerf them down with the rest of the classes."

Whether or not there's any truth to those words is personal opinion at this point.

Actually, to be acccurate

"2 of marauders specs got buff (but they are still weaker than anni in 1v1 and 1v1 is the reason for all whinning in pvp forum) and anni spec had slight damage buff with quite painful utility/survivability nerf, everyone else got nerfed (not sure on this part, were assasins nerfed? rage juggs?, snipers?), therefore marauders are OP now (because forum whinners have to whine about something), nerf them down with the rest of the classes."

1.2 didn't change only sents/maras. there were changes to pretty much every other class as well as sweeping global changes. expertise linear scaling. increased top tier expertise values. healing nerfs. changes to defensive cooldowns of other classes. basically everyone's damage went up and survivability decreased, but sent/mara survivability decreased a lot less relative to most other classes. your douchey analysis is too limited and does not reflect the entirety of 1.2 changes.

I rerolled mara on a populated server, left my two non-mara BM 50s and multiple alts behind on some dead rock. My server's pvp community was tiny and the imps were heavy on maras even before the patch notes were announced, so i know which maras were bad and which were good. Post-patch even the bad maras were destroying people. Their good healers either stopped playing as much or rerolled maras with similar names. In my experience maras have a lot of options to survive. Bad ones don't use them and die, good ones use them and are OP. In the 1.2 environment maras will usually kill people before the maras even need to worry about their multiple offensive/defensive cooldowns unless they are outnumbered. then the bad ones die, and the good ones still might win or escape.

As I do agree with your statement on survivability you seemed to have only played a mara after the fact. yes everyones survivability went down maybe less so with mara but maras were the squishiest of classes by far thus making your analysis just as douchey as his :)

Other DPS classes got nerfed and sentinel did not. SO yes, they became more powerful because they were the highest single target DPS pre-1.2, post 1.2 has just increased that margin.

Pyro Powertechs have the highest Single Target Damage followed by Snipers/Marauders.

Sorcs do pretty good damage too, but theirs don't really matter in PvP.

Edited by Venjirai

The only thing that makes us Marauders OP (and yes I have one character I have played since release and it's a mara) is this we are the top melee dps class and we should be as we only have the one utility we cant tank or heal or get a second set of gear like everyone else but hey we are missing the point which is the word MELEE quit QQing and try to create a gap we only have 2 gap closers at best so instead of whining how about you use the simple logic of HEY LETS NOT STAND NEXT TO THE GUY WITH 2 LIGHTSABERS you may see your survivability increase.

Everything seems to boil down to this:

"Marauders got a small buff, everyone else got nerfed, therefore Marauder is OP, nerf them down with the rest of the classes."

Whether or not there's any truth to those words is personal opinion at this point.

Let's call it like it is.

Mars/sents received 2 consecutive damage increases... 1 pre 1.2 and another in 1.2.

Every other class received a nerf rather small or large in 1.2

Don't even pretend the nerf to your godmode skill was game breaking.... It's laughable at best considering the damage increase you Mars/Sents received in the last 2 consecutive patches.

Concealment received 9 nerfs in 1.2. And have been nerf'd in every single patch since launch. Some needed most not needed.

No I will not list them all... If you don't know then you obviously know nothing about the class. Some of the nerf's were stealth nerfs to damage and utility outside of the posted nerfs and those nerf's were NEVER posted.

Jugs/Guardians received a boost in damage.

Correction Sorc wasn't nerf'd it was fixed so people couldn't exploit heals and damage anymore. And yet they still top DPS charts by almost 50% compared to a concealment.

Mars/Sents are pulling in almost 50% more damage on the DPS charts compared to concealments.

I have no complaints about BH's/Trooper damage pre or post. But post 1.2 they to out DPS concealments.

1.2 BROKE operative DPS spec all together. But everyone wanted it broken so they boosted heal spec which didn't need a boost to begin with. There's some intelligence for you.

Need I go on?

Mars/Sents were overpowered before 1.2 the problem is the people playing them were the farthest thing from being overpowered save a very select few. Now post 1.2 with a second damage boost... more people are playing so expect to see more skilled mars/sents and jugs.

I'll enjoy the nerf bat when it comes hammering down on Jugs/Guardians/Mars/Sents.

Let the trolling begin.

Edited by Ahebish

Lower UNdying rages duration to 3 seconds, or reduce all damage done while it's active by 50%. Currently it's a defensive cool down that's used for offense.

How do you know what the intent of the developers was when they designed the ability? For all we know it could be intended to be a survival CD or a 'I'll take someone with me' CD. We don't know.

Hmmm...post 1.2 is ravage, and pre 1.2? Dont get this one. Care to elaborate?

Their dot spec received a damage boost... a big damage boost. Forget what it's called exactly, but I know what it looks like when it hits me. It's the one that that allows them to stack 4 bleed dots on you and the Plasma fire dot (animation) This was the first boost. "Annihilation?"

The above one they needed and I have no complaints, and 1.2 was not exclusively ravage either... I wish people would read more carefully about it.

Edited by Ahebish

Long story short pre 1.2 these dots from mars were ticking for 1-2k/tick pre 1.2. But everyone was so focus'd on Hidden Strike on concealment that it escapes notice just as to how much damage it really does do compared to Hidden Strike. Relatively speaking it was as strong for mars as HS was for concealment/scrappers pre 1.2. But again mars/sents weren't a stealth class and that's the nitty gritty of it. They are under the radar.

To be fair it could be said they "FIXED" mars/sents but broke everything else.

Edited by Ahebish

Their dot spec received a damage boost... a big damage boost. Forget what it's called exactly, but I know what it looks like when it hits me. It's the one that that allows them to stack 4 bleed dots on you and the Plasma fire dot (animation) This was the first boost. "Annihilation?"

The above one they needed and I have no complaints, and 1.2 was not exclusively ravage either... I wish people would read more carefully about it.

I thought that you will mention that. Now, for your information, it was a damage boost for anyone with 80%+ crit rate. For rest of us, normal mortals with around 50% crit rate on DoTs in Anni spec, it is a slight buff during berserk and quite a nice nerf when berserk is not up (btw, what 4 stacks? deadly saber gives 3 stacks max and rupture is not stacking...annihilation (skill) itself has nothing to do with DoTs).

I am happy that you anwered my question - even if you were thinking about something else than our DoT damage nerf you just proved complete lack of knowledge about marauder/sentinel class. Therefore, your opinion is biased because of lack of knowledge.

the only reason why you notice maras more is becuase of the expterise buff in damage. on me my expertise damge is almost hitting 20%. healing adn def expertise is not even close to hitting 13%

You do realize that your dmg and def from expertise cancel each other out, do you?

You do realize that your dmg and def from expertise cancel each other out, do you?

Of course not. Only thing people noticed is that on their healers they cant facetank 3 people at once, so they respecced to dps, less healers in wz, faster kills = marauders are OP. It would be funny, but it is rather pathetic.

Truth of the matter is this all has to do with the expertise change, and nothing to do with class balance at all.

Problem is ppl who r not as smart or kids who cant do math cant tell the difference between bad expertise scaling and class balance.

Linear scaling creates dangerously high numbers if stack properly, and thats why most other system uses diminishing returns scale instead of linear. However bioware somehow drop the ball mathematically on that one, lol

Edited by aRtFuL