[SUGGESTION] Pls modify / fix Toy Tossing Buffs, Ignore & Cantina Mount ability

Lithe

Having played since it's inception, I've definitely seen my share of bugs and annoying features. This is all part of MMO's, something players have to be patient with.

I've also taken notice of things that could be or could have done "better". With so very many "trolls" and people that harass other players for the sake of trolling or just to be rude, below are my following suggestions for more friendly gameplay and lower the spam.

1. Toy Tossing "buffs" - Like Snowballs or Huttball toss (Outside pvp) - Allow players an option to "opt out". We have a similar feature already in our Flytext. It would "block" or not allow the toy toss buff. Much like when a Sorc bubble is on cool-down and cannot be cast.

2. All cantina areas should consistently not allow people to remain mounted. Most planets are free of this mount ability within cantina's. The only non-planet exceptions are ships or space stations. I'm referring to non-player ships of course. Since there are so many Star Wars fans that do enjoy roleplaying, having the inner rings (from the steps down), to not allow mounts would bring down the tickets of "harassment" and make for a more friendly playing experience.

3. Ignore feature. Even when /ignore is done, the player ignored can still "harass" by simply spamming any non-custom emote nearby. Please allow for the ability to completely ignore persons, so that even non-custom emotes are ignored. And OR, allow for us to turn off the ability to see non-custom emotes, examples: /hug /slap /spit . Several other MMO's allow for this feature, we would do backflips if our beloved SWTOR would allow this as well.

Sincerely - Just another gamer.

2. All cantina areas should consistently not allow people to remain mounted. Most planets are free of this mount ability within cantina's. The only non-planet exceptions are ships or space stations. I'm referring to non-player ships of course. Since there are so many Star Wars fans that do enjoy roleplaying, having the inner rings (from the steps down), to not allow mounts would bring down the tickets of "harassment" and make for a more friendly playing experience.

No. I disagree. People RPing in questing areas must learn to put up with people moving through their RP sessions, and should not have a say in *how* those people move through those areas.

For reference, the Slippery Slopes cantina on Nar Shaddaa (off the side of the Lower Promenade) is a questing area. Several classes have missions in or adjacent to the cantina, and everyone playing through the beginning of Jedi Under Siege has to go there.

I'd also point out that the Fleet cantinas are (on both sides) *also* questing areas. There are two (I think, might be three) visits there as part of Forged Alliances, and another as part of Hearts and Minds.

1. Toy Tossing "buffs" - Like Snowballs or Huttball toss . . .

Allowing people to block the toy tossing would basically end toy tossing. Almost everyone would "block" it, including those who are doing it. (Whether that's a good or bad thing is a different debate.)

I'm not familiar with the HuttBall toss, but - don't quote me on this - the effect of the snowball can be cancelled by right-clicking on the snowball icon on your effects bar. I think the snowy effect goes away but you are still flagged has having been "tossed".

2. All cantina areas should consistently not allow people to remain mounted.

I only partially agree with this. I think there should be a separation between smaller "personal", indoor mounts and larger, outdoor ones. It's ok by me to see people on a basic speeder, but running around on a Gundark or in a Ziost Taxi is too big for indoors.

3. Ignore feature. Even when /ignore is done, the player ignored can still "harass" by simply spamming any non-custom emote nearby.

I think you can turn off "emote" chat. Right-click on the General tab at the top of the chat window and select chat settings. Turn off whatever channels you don't want to see.

Turning off "emote" will turn of the chat listing of the emote, but I think you can still see them "perform" the emote ... if you are looking in their direction.