Enhancements : What are the Hot Prefixes ???

Droidiphile

One of my toons has Artifice = 400. My plan all along was to ignore reverse engineering on lower level items. Well, the time has come to start really gaining some higher end schematics. There are a zillion prefixes, and it's hard to know which few are the most sought after/useful. And I'm sure whatever is "hot" depends on the class and role.

With that in mind, what are the hot enhancement prefixes that seem to be the most useful//sought after ?

The areas I want to focus on are Smuggler/Agent(DPS), Consular(Heals), BH(tank), Jedi(DPS).

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

What are the "hot" prefixes? For artifice, making crystals, hilts, and enhancements, that would be "Advanced". Most of what you can craft follows the Linear RE path, not the Prefix path.

As for shields, foci, and generators, I don't know how the other skill 400 artificers feel out there but my response is learn what classes need, check what stats are on the schematics, then look at a chart or table of what prefixes exist and figure it out. Here's one very simple one. Or check out Ask Mr. Robot's Item Database. Mr. Robot will show you the stat increases for different prefix variations, but I find it's incomplete at times, leaving out things like Force Power or Tech Power.

The reason why is that SWTOR is notoriously erratic in what stats it puts on gear as levels increase. For instance, aside from Aim, Endurance and Tech Power:

• at level 33, a Premium generator has Power for a stat
  • at level 36, a Premium generator has Accuracy and Power for stats
  • at level 39, a Premium generator has Surge and Power for stats
  • at level 43, a Premium generator has Accuracy and Critical for stats

That inconsistency is nothing compared to what you'll find with Enhancements. High level Enhancements will often have 3 variations on a build. You may find a set with Endurance, Critical and Alacrity with three versions: one with high End and Crit but low Alac, one with high End and Alac but low Crit, and one with high Alac and Crit but low End. As a result, there are a ridiculous number of high-level Enhancement schematics that seem to have been added purely by passing the stats through something that calculated every possible permutation of stats, whether they make sense or not. You want an Enhancement with Endurance, Absorb and Alacrity? It's in there! I have no idea why any shield using class would want Alacrity, but you can make them all the same.

So, again, the best advice I can give is to know your potential customers and figure out what they'd want. It will narrow down the number of schematics you need to buy (if you haven't already bought them all from your trainer) plus it will get you thinking about what skills different classes have and how they play -- and if you PvP, knowing the other classes' strengths and weaknesses will make you a better PvPer. Too many people don't know how to play their own class; it's rare to find someone who knows how their own class can beat each other class.

I think by "prefix" he means "name of". Such as Adept, Bulwark, Steadfast, Vigilant, etc

^^ This. sorry for using "prefix" incorrectly. All I was thinking is that, by now, most players/crafters have figured out what stat combos they like best. Since there are a zillion combos, what names are the most sought after.

And yes, I have been paying attention to what my toons need. My tanks benefit from Bastion and it's cousins that trade off shield/defense/absorb. Personally, I find my healers need alacrity and crit, although I'm sure what names are the best for that combo.

Anyway, thanks for the input folks !

I didn't intend to come across as demeaning, sorry.

Generally, the term prefix (in crafting and REing) refers to names of gear in the non-linear paths. Things like hawkeye, veracity, tempest, overkill,etc are considered prefixes.

Iirc, there's a phenomenal chart of such things in the stickied guides at the top of the page. It's been a long while since I looked at them, so I'm just assuming they're still there.

As to the original question, just look at each enhancement (on ask mr robot or some similar database) and use your own judgment based on each class's stat distribution for a particular gear tier (rakata, black hole/campaign, dread guard) and fill in the areas where one would move to as they min/maxed. I know that's not the "easy" way to do it, but I think it's the best approach,IMO.

Edited by Mozivicus

The "Hot" Prefixes will essentially be the ones that sell the best. First you have to look at what tier of customer you are looking at attracting. You can easily RE 22 enhancements but you will make very little off each one but you can make a lot of them. 26 and 27 enhancements are very hard and expensive to learn, but will sell for a lot of money each.

Next you have to look at roles, most people play the game as a DPS, which means you will have a lot more customers if you focus on DPS enhancements. So i'd start there. As a DPS you get plenty of endurance, more then you really need in most cases, so for enhancements people usually go for the ones with a low DPS stat and higher other stats. This includes Power, Crit, Surge, and Alacrity.

Any enhancement with low endurance and a high combination of the 4 DPS stats will sell well. Alacrity ones will probably sell a little slower then Power, Crit and Surge because there are a couple of AC's that don't benefit from alacrity. So I would work towards making ones with low endurance and high Power, Crit and Surge.

As for the actual name of the prefixes I don't know them off the top of my head, they can be found most simply by searching the AH and looking at the names.