to join you must get an invite, there are recruiting advices in general chat on the fleet usually..asking from a player belonging to one..

to make it you must find 3 unguilded players(plus yourself) and go to the guild section on the fleet, i guess, you pay soem kind of fee i think.

There are guild recruitment threads in each of the servers section of the forum. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Then you need to decide what kind of Guild you are looking for and what are your interests.

Do you want a guild that does PvP, PvE or a mixture of both?

Do you want to be in a casual guild or a progression guild, or again a mixture of both?

From there I would go to their website, look at their rules, look at their goals and look at their events (are the events things you want to do and at times that you can make it?). Talk to the officers, talk to the members and ask questions. Make sure they are in line with what you want out of the game. Remember it isn’t only if the guild will have you, but if you will have the guild.

I was with ½ our guild at the very start, one of the four. Starting a guild is difficult, you can get a group of friends, but having the minimum to do operations does not guarantee you will have enough to actually do operations most of the time. Real life has a way of preventing 8 people getting together on a regular bases. We ended up merging two guilds, so that we could field multiple progressive group and some open operations ever week and still have alt backups to fill when real world issues catch up.

Best of luck with whatever you try.

Edited by mikebevo