Orobird Eggs and How to Hatch Them

Jenemi

Just a more detailed version. Plus in case more Orobirds ever come out, a way to figure out how to get them as well. If you'd like to talk about Tauntauns, please go here. If you'd like to talk about Raklings and any other new pets that aren't Tauntauns or Orobirds, please go here.

1. Orokeet – Hatched from an Unusual Egg. Unusual Eggs can be found in nests on Alderaan, Taris (Republic Only), and Balmorra (Imperial Only) with a 4 hour respawn time.

Alderaan Coordinates (Please realize every pair shares a spawn timer):

• X: 168, Y: 1836 – Under the broken bridge in the Serene Meadow in Alsakan Lowlands. You need to jump down to a horizontal log from the lower side (Recommended to jump down from the rocks–not the actual broken bridge) and then run across and jump down onto the next.
  • X: 215, Y:1787 – Also by the Broken Bridge mentioned above, head to these coordinates and jump straight down to another nest (you should be able to see it when you look down from this spot). Much simpler than the other--though, this jump will take nearly all your health so be sure to be at full health when jumping or if you can, use a cooldown to reduce damage.
  • X: 1930, Y: -1451 – Involves you going up a mountain and through a cave all the way around and then jumping down to land on top of the entrance of the cave you entered where the nest is. Also has several enemies (Mostly Killiks) around.
  • X: 1825, Y:-1384 – Like the above, but instead jumping above where you exit the cave instead of the entrance.
  • X:-2469, Y:-293 – Involves going past House Panteer and climbing up some wreckage. Need to use the MGGS to get to the highest area where the nest is. Will have to run through some enemies.
  • X-2517, Y:-301 – Not far from the one above, at X:-2524, Y: -314, look up and to the South East and you will see a Magnetic Stabilizer. Use your MGGS on it and you will be taken up to the nest.

Taris (Republic Only) Coordinates:

• X: 1363, Y: 75 - These are actually two nests that share a respawn timer--one to the left of this spot and one to the right (don't worry, it's just a walk!). To get there, you want to climb up the pipe at X: 1182, Y:263. Jump off it and head to your right and around. When you get to the far edge (X: 1104, Y:224), look down to see some metal sticking out and walk onto it and then, jump to the platform across from it (I'd recommend jumping across on a speeder). Then, just head straight back and you'll find the 2 nests up and to the right on the grassy hill.

Balmorra (Imperial Only) Coordinates:

• X: -1781, Y: 137 – Very easy nest to get to. Just avoid Grandfather, the World Boss, as it’s behind the area he spawns.

2. Orosquab - Hatched from a Mysterious Egg. Mysterious Eggs are dropped in Lost Island Hard Mode from any of the bosses, though, most commonly LR-5 Sentinel Droid (giant robot boss). (Has not been confirmed to not drop in normal mode due to the fact that nobody really runs Normal enough to see)

3. Orochick - Hatched from a Wonderous/Wondrous Egg (Specific spelling unknown due to both having been used). How to get it is currently unknown. It has been rumored to come from Explosive Conflict (though, no confirmations/proof on that)--some ways on "how" (though, with no proof of the egg, it being dropped, or the hatched Orochick) that people said (again, none proven) are:

• Kephess drops it from HM.
  • Kephess drops it from either mode.
  • When you defeat Kephess, a nest spawns inside the instance with the egg.
  • The Orobirds inside the operation can drop it.

If you have or know someone with an Orochick/Wonderous/Wondrous Egg, please be sure to post with a screenshot and how so everyone can do their best to get one :) My guild has been doing EC, but has had no luck yet. Similarly, despite not being found yet, it has been confirmed to be in the game when BioWare confirmed it could be sold on the Auction House along with the other eggs.

Finally, you have an egg. Now, how do you hatch it? Well...........

First you need to go to Tatooine. From there, you want to:

• Get the Water buff from a Water Vaporator. (There’s some right near the taxi area in Anchorhead and one right in the middle of the second town on the Imperial Side).
  • Head to the Czerka Archeological in the Dune Sea and go behind it (At about -2410 by -335). There will be a bunch of solar panels and behind one, an odd machine that has solar panels facing inside.
  • Go under the strange machine and stay there until your egg hatches. It will then turn into an exhaustion zone (and take away the water buff) once the egg has hatched and you will need to run out.

Only hatch ONE EGG AT A TIME or it can glitch.

Edited by Jenemi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, pardon my ignorance, but what do these pets actually do for you? do they raise your stats? help you in fights? or are they generally just there to annoy other people in a raid or warzone? Edited by Talarchy

Just a question, pardon my ignorance, but what do these pets actually do for you? do they raise your stats? help you in fights? or are they generally just there to annoy other people in a raid or warzone?

Not everything in game panders to min/max'ers. Some items are fluff for RPers.

Just a question, pardon my ignorance, but what do these pets actually do for you? do they raise your stats? help you in fights? or are they generally just there to annoy other people in a raid or warzone?

They are just mini vanity pets. There to look cute. Kind of like mounts--there's only 3 different speeds, but no difference between the ones on the same speed besides look.

They don't really annoy people though. They are hidden in Warzones and aren't targetable (through tab targeting) in Raids/Operations so...

And like Ignicity mentioned, if you like to RP or write up back stories and stuff about your characters, it's just a nice touch.

There were 18 pets in game before 1.3. 1.3 added at least 2, though most likely 6 (Some databases found a total of 3 of each species and considering all of 1.2 added new pets in sets of 3, it's likely all 6 are ingame) for a total of 20-24 Vanity Pets.

Edited by Jenemi

Welcome to the last month

And yet despite that, nobody has found a Wonderous/Wondrous Egg yet :( Which is the main reason I made this thread.

But yeah, it could be a rare drop :/ I mean, I believe the M0-GUL Thrall Droid was available since the beginning and most people didn't know about it until February, so it's possible something like that.

Edited by Jenemi

They are just mini vanity pets. There to look cute. Kind of like mounts--there's only 3 different speeds, but no difference between the ones on the same speed besides look.

They don't really annoy people though. They are hidden in Warzones and aren't targetable (through tab targeting) in Raids/Operations so...

And like Ignicity mentioned, if you like to RP or write up back stories and stuff about your characters, it's just a nice touch.

There were 18 pets in game before 1.3. 1.3 added at least 2, though most likely 6 (Some databases found a total of 3 of each species and considering all of 1.2 added new pets in sets of 3, it's likely all 6 are ingame) for a total of 20-24 Vanity Pets.

So there are now 20 useless pets in the game? excellent!! I better re-sub!

Edited by Talarchy

So there are now 20 useless pets in the game? excellent!! I better re-sub!

What I find interesting is that you unsubscribed, yet apparently still keep reading the forum :p

Anyway, some people like collecting them. I currently have 17/20 (or 17/24)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anybody who found the new nest on Alderaan? I try to get an egg out of the four nests I know (Castle Panteer/2 on broken bridge in Alsakan/the nest above the Killik tunnel) but no egg appears. I am on a transfer server and I am always alone on Alderaan so there must be another nest. I searched but I couldn't find it.

Anyone else?

Is there anybody who found the new nest on Alderaan? I try to get an egg out of the four nests I know (Castle Panteer/2 on broken bridge in Alsakan/the nest above the Killik tunnel) but no egg appears. I am on a transfer server and I am always alone on Alderaan so there must be another nest. I searched but I couldn't find it.

Anyone else?

There are two near the broken bridge? I only know of one. The spawn timer is 4 hours and lots of people farm them so that's probably why you're having difficulty.

Could you ask him for the details?

Pretty please?

Details and screenshots would be amazing.

And I also have only heard (and seen) one nest by the Broken Bridge O-o I don't think they'd add another as that'd give 2 more to the Republic side and as it is, there's supposed to be some on Taris now.

There are really two nests at the broken bridge. You can see them both if you stand on the cliffs near the path around the cliffs.

I am on a transferserver and after serverrestart I found eggs in 3 nests, Alsakan in one nest under the bridges, one in castle panteer nest and one egg in the nest above the killik tunnel.

4 hours later there is only an egg in the other bridge nest, none in the other nests. So they have changed something or there are more nests. I was at the nests 4 hours after I got them, so noone else could get them in the meantime.

There are really two nests at the broken bridge. You can see them both if you stand on the cliffs near the path around the cliffs.

Oh, in that case I would guess that one is just scenery and doesn't spawn eggs.

My only question is this: how did somebody figure all this out?? I could see finding the nest (I found one myself), but the whole thing with water vaporators and solar panels and all that?

Well if you'd been to the Czerka base and been killed by the heat source, incubating there would likely occur to you. Besides that you just need to guess that the "Refreshed and Sustained" buff would keep you refreshed and sustained while in the heat source, lol.

Edited by Telanis

No, in fact I get eggs in both of them - I gathered eggs for all of my chars :)

I'll go do a double check then :) Thank you for your information

Edit: Confirmed. Updating first post.

Yes... when i see her on line I will ask her and then post it. She actually got it just before she transferred.

That would be awesome :) Thanks so much. What server are you guys on?

Edited by Jenemi

There are two nests on Taris that share a spawn timer near X: 1360, Y: 50. From what Aliyanna described, I assume the "new nests" on Alderaan are near the old ones and each shares a spawn timer with the adjacent old one. Can anybody confirm or refute this?

There are two nests on Taris that share a spawn timer near X: 1360, Y: 50. From what Aliyanna described, I assume the "new nests" on Alderaan are near the old ones and each shares a spawn timer with the adjacent old one. Can anybody confirm or refute this?

Well, the nests on Taris are brand new as of 1.3 @-@

The only new nest on Alderaan is by the one below the Broken Bridge