Another slight sentinel nerf...

heechJunzi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how bioware nerfs this **** out of a spec, yet still leaves the bugged out beserk the same which made that spec good. How stupid can they get?

Smash spec anyone, as if we needed more of those around. I rolled a sin/op because I knew it would get changed I just expected them to fix their bug instead of nerfing the spec into the ground and leaving the bug

The bug is simple,

Beserk

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to go Berserk. Lasts for 6 charges. This effect varies based on your current lightsaber form:

Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal YOUR GROUP FOR 1% of max health each tick.

the tooltip for predation is different it says

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Predation TO YOU AND YOUR GROUP, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

So if the ability actually did what it was supposed to do it would only return 12% when berserk happened. before 1.5 it was healing 18%. So bioware has chosen to nerf crit stacked anni mara and force people to once again power stack. After 1.5 it heals for 12% but nerfs the **** out of the general crits from dots.

GG bioware GG I like many others are now forced to go play your fotm spec in order to be competitive in warzones.

I will enjoy watching you nerf that mistake in the future well done.

is .5 really that much of a nerf? i mean really?

Yes. REALLY. An annihilation marauder can heal himself upwards of 20-40% of his HP in a long, drawn out fight, not counting the 18% heal from berserk that can be popped every 20-30 seconds. Now these self heals have been cut by half.

Yes. REALLY. An annihilation marauder can heal himself upwards of 20-40% of his HP in a long, drawn out fight, not counting the 18% heal from berserk that can be popped every 20-30 seconds. Now these self heals have been cut by half.

Even with the nerf they are still godly vs pretty much every class.

Even with the nerf they are still godly vs pretty much every class.

Um, NO. It is Very hard to beat a well played assassin and pretty much impossible to beat a stunbubble/heal spec'd sorc as annihilation. Now that is even worse.

If they wanted to reduce the heals thats fine but you have to ballance, they should have made the dots un-clensable if they were going to do this. Now the few dots you get to stick heal you for half as much.

In a fight with a well played bubble spec sorc I can keep it going for a while because of the tics of heals that do get off. Now they will kill me just about 2X as fast seeing how the heals are half as much now.

In a fight with a Sin, resilance blocks the damage of the dots but it doesnt block the healing you recieve for the tics, so there again you are screwd, no more staying alive long enough to get through resilance for you!

Seriously what the crack smoking tools at the pvp ballance department doing? Bunch of monkeys jumping around the cubicles screaming and throwing fecal matter? Its the Rage/focus that needed looked into not Annihilation...

^Agreed

This is not slight at all. It really pigeon holes Sentis/Maras to roll Focus/Smash spec to be viable.

Well, you've still got Carnage, but Annihilation's -thing- was that its self heals let it dominate the 4m classes at the cost of not having burst. I thought that was a fair trade.

And if marauders in general can be said to be unbalanced, slow self heals in one spec couldn't be said to be why..

Hurts raiders too.

Just a bad change.

It's pretty clear something is wrong..

The problem with maras/sents is their survivability and utility as dps. While certainly healing is a factor in survivability, lowering it only lessens the synergy between healing and MASSIVE defensive cds. And it does nothing to lessen the utility edge they have over every other dps in both pve and pvp.

But it's not unexpected they would go this way, it's what they did to tankasins also, when it was mainly their high dps for a tank spec and not the extra survivability/utility they had over the dps specs that was the problem.

Or how about the problem with PT BH? Too much burst. What's the solution? Make it more difficult to use a few key abilities for both PTs and Mercs, who are already on the bottom tier for pvp dps, but also give them MORE burst.....It seems like there is some kind of strange disconnect going on at EA/BW.

Can anyone link me the patch notes, actually? Want to see if they changed anything else weird that didn't need to be changed, like, I don't know, Evasion.

Edit: nvm found it.

If there was only going to be one balance-related change, that's one Hell of a weird thing to change.

Edited by Larry_Dallas