Reflection on the SRW conquest event

Lavaar

Today marks the end of the Shadowlands invasion week GSF event, and I must say that it was a success beyond my expectations. The guild was able to accumulate 2,912,670 conquest points, placing 4th on Corellia, and being surpassed only by crafting superguilds. For a guild where the VAST majority of the points came from GSF alone, I am humbled by the amount of help that we had and the dedication shown by these pilots. I am astounded by not only the great amount of participation, but also by the amount of tight, enjoyable games that we were able to put together through co-ordinated queing, even at times being able to set up an 8v8 strikes only game when we all faced one another, and another TDM which ended with the scores 998-1000. I feel that this event has definitely raised the profile of GSF on the shadowlands server, and has also hopefully got a lot of people more interested in this gametype along the way.

This week has taught us a few lessons, which we will take forward with us the next time we have an event like this. Next time we plan on:

1. Having the event AFTER 4.0, so that we won't have to compete with crafting.

2. More prizes, to reflect the greater level of participation that we experienced.

3. Special prizes for the top individual contributors.

4. Consistent streaming, to allow more exposure as well as a way for other people to watch and review event footage.

I would like to thank all of the pilots that came out and supported our cause this week, especially those of you who went above and beyond the call of duty by contributing far more points than those which were required for the prizes. Our top 10 conquest contributors were:

1. Ozzmud - 302,550pts
  2. Nixryia - 162,870pts
  3. Lekzdeq - 140,100pts
  4. Xmar - 122,625pts
  5. Xcal-srw - 118,000pts
  6. Kaylee - 99,425pts
  7. Erutavruc - 87,000pts
  8. Eric-Bana - 82,150pts
  9. Yallia - 76,095pts
  10. Josiewales - 67,325pts

The full list can be found HERE.

Additionally, I would like to thank Challintra, Lompi, Derrad, Tsukuyomi, Tobiasfunke, Tripleight, H'ani, Jardain, Blazingsaddles, Pharak, Sbarros, Siraka, Mical, Beres, Pellad, Zagobee, Defenestrator, Lumation, Hender'shot, B'lind'spot, Choquer, Rôgue-leader, Rôgue-eight, Rôgue-eleven, Martinpaul, Xyliantak, Ancientzeus, Maverick, Scrabs, Mierin, Bugglesley, Crovv, Deanlearner, Mvonrichthofen, Kureem, Drakolich, Haim, Honga, Elaeis, Kaboltis, Meshkin, Teerma, Malvoh, Sasmi, Spacer-x, Kjarsten, Forty-two, and Odinwill for their contributions for this event.

And last, but certainly not least, I would like to publicly thank Yallia for doing such a good job of helping to organize this event, setting up the website and TS, as well as providing the lion's share of the prizes for this event.

I know this sounds like an oscar acceptance speech, but I truly do think that everyone here deserves some recognition for their time and dedication.

The prizes will be drawn tonight and will be announced TOMORROW in a separate thread on this forum.

Edited by Lavaar

Thank you guys for setting this up. It was nice to have mastered ships when flying against good pilots, for once. I had a lot of fun just solo queuing and seeing which group of amazing players I would get matched up with next. Based of your guild's conquest points I would categorize this past week as an undeniable success.

It truly was a smashing success. I think more than anything it reflected the dedication of the GSF community...the fact that so many of us came together in support of the event - well, I found it really encouraging.

@Vexx & Yallia - great job pulling it all together. I look forward to the next event, which I fully expect to be even better than this one.

Thanks again for setting this up I had so much fun last week it was the most fun I had playing SWTOR to date. It was just amazing to have so many matches in one week. It was great meeting so many amazing pilots I learned a lot but what I really learned was I have so much more to learn lol. I will be leaving Hender'shot in guild and I would like to make a character to add to your guild on Harb as well so I can come fly with you guys there now and then :)

I am really excited for the next event we will have an amazing chance at first place if we get the same turn out and I would expect a better turn out next time. I already have people asking me about the next one. (people that never made it to this event) We were on this most competitive planet on the server and still got 4th place while competing with guilds that had 1 million cp the morning the event started from crafting the night before. Great job all thank you for having me!

Thanks again for setting this up!!! It was great to get to know the GSF community!! :cool:

Ozzmud