Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

CMoray
01.11.2018 , 01:37 AM | #11
I created this table for myself - maybe it helps other players, too.
Gear Table (Alacrity)
Aurinko

Evolixe
01.11.2018 , 02:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
that alot crit to lose, not say it wrong or righti still think this all come do to preference,
There is nothing preference about this.
You only need 40% Crit which you go well beyond with every gearing system I presented. Alacrity is better than Crit.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Evolixe
01.11.2018 , 02:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CMoray View Post
Gear Table (Alacrity)
If your sheet is right then I have to edit the values for the low alac build. Cant do that right now though.
Evolixe | Exilove

Evolixe
01.11.2018 , 01:13 PM | #14
Alright I fixed it. Sorry about the confusion.
Evolixe | Exilove

Kyuuu
01.12.2018 , 08:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
There is nothing preference about this.
You only need 40% Crit which you go well beyond with every gearing system I presented. Alacrity is better than Crit.
preference is exactly what it preference is "how said person want there character to play."

Like i said i not say it right or wrong it still come do to preference on how one likes there toon to play

just cause it dont fall in line with what ever else says it should be dont make personal preference anymore wrong or right

Evolixe
01.13.2018 , 07:04 AM | #16
Alright let me put it as straight as it comes;

Going with any other stats balance than the "High Alacrity" one that I showcased WILL negatively impact your dps. There is no discussion there, it is a fact.

Now, if you suffer from some latency or jitter issues then going with another balance MIGHT work better for you.
However that doesn't change it being factually inferior.
Evolixe | Exilove

ZouYan
01.13.2018 , 09:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CMoray View Post
Gear Table (Alacrity)
The one thing u might want to consider in your calculations is the lightning sorcs also get a 20% alac buff from polarity shift. So they wud want to run a but more alac to get the benefit of a 1.1 gcd window. 1246 i believe is the stat number.

The other big thing with the high alacrity is it is better assuming good uptime. There r some fights wherr the dps check is easier with the high crit build. This is only true with the fights that hav very short burst windows that r the only part if the fight that matter (calphy nim orbs for example)
Co-GM <Lightning Masters> <Pull Burn Profit>
Mortema | Tsouyen
26/26 NiM post 5.0 | 5/5 Timed Runs
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/

Evolixe
01.13.2018 , 11:25 AM | #18
A higher crit build only does more damage if said enemy lives long enough to outlive the Alacrity builds burst.

Besides the fact that you really don't need to swap your gear out for such tiny details (Alacrity builds are perfectly capable of clearing all content) it's suboptimal for every other portion of the fight.

Nah, I do not recommend going to that level of cheesy tactics.
Evolixe | Exilove

Kyuuu
01.13.2018 , 11:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Alright let me put it as straight as it comes;

Going with any other stats balance than the "High Alacrity" one that I showcased WILL negatively impact your dps. There is no discussion there, it is a fact.

Now, if you suffer from some latency or jitter issues then going with another balance MIGHT work better for you.
However that doesn't change it being factually inferior.
you still miss the point of personal perfernce. to me rather moot i tried high alacrity and high crit build i lose dps going with high alacrity and lose it will to much crit, there for settled from something in between.

Ideal stats are only idea if everything else that is need for it to be idea falls in line to be, which does not happen.

Evolixe
01.13.2018 , 12:43 PM | #20
That however, is not a preference thing.
That is you not playing the spec correctly.

No offense but if the high alacrity build isn't the one giving you the biggest bang then the only source of that problem is the player.
Evolixe | Exilove