Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Aetrus
06.06.2013 , 02:49 PM | #11
I'm running with 27 crit rating right now (from Matrix Cube), stacking full power instead. Seems to work out just fine. I'm usually 1-3 in damage when I'm not guarding. I'm not even augmented in 66s and my melee bonus damage is like 810. I normally run 5/36/5 but I've been running full madness (7/2/36) for the past couple of days. Been pretty lost since 2.0 dropped though tbh. I'm still running power crystals in my main and offhand for example, and I'm not really sure if thats BiS anymore. I suspect it isn't.

Cycao, that 0/23/23 build looks really interesting. One of the things I really like about Madness is the 45% crit chance on Discharge, so it feels like by running Madness you're less crit dependent than in Deception, which as I said with the stacking power thing is good for me.

Xinika
06.06.2013 , 04:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
I'm running with 27 crit rating right now (from Matrix Cube), stacking full power instead. Seems to work out just fine. I'm usually 1-3 in damage when I'm not guarding. I'm not even augmented in 66s and my melee bonus damage is like 810. I normally run 5/36/5 but I've been running full madness (7/2/36) for the past couple of days. Been pretty lost since 2.0 dropped though tbh. I'm still running power crystals in my main and offhand for example, and I'm not really sure if thats BiS anymore. I suspect it isn't.

Cycao, that 0/23/23 build looks really interesting. One of the things I really like about Madness is the 45% crit chance on Discharge, so it feels like by running Madness you're less crit dependent than in Deception, which as I said with the stacking power thing is good for me.
Specifically for Deception:
Deception needs crit.

20% buffed is too low. I've played around with it and I do not like it at all. It might be good for just gimping one guy off somewhere, but the consistency is severely lacking. With 25% (As Deception), I'm able to get more overall damage in and my swaps to targets are guaranteed criticals.

A year ago if you told me to go 20% buffed, I might've agreed. Now? Not really.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

MagikFingerz
06.06.2013 , 05:03 PM | #13
Another small detail: You might want to put "PVP" in the thread title.

And to the OP or any others capable, a PvE guide like this would also be very much appreciated
55's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<55's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Raxxon Sniper - Draxxon | Mercenary - Laranxa

Aetrus
06.06.2013 , 05:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Specifically for Deception:
Deception needs crit.

20% buffed is too low. I've played around with it and I do not like it at all. It might be good for just gimping one guy off somewhere, but the consistency is severely lacking. With 25% (As Deception), I'm able to get more overall damage in and my swaps to targets are guaranteed criticals.

A year ago if you told me to go 20% buffed, I might've agreed. Now? Not really.
Yeah...So uh, I think you're right. I decided to spend like 1200 WZ comms on Crit mods and try it out via the ship dummy. What I came out with was pretty surprising to me:

With 18.25% Crit ~ 3:07 - 2060.4 DPS
Maul - 31%
Shock - 20%
Discharge 14%
Voltiac Slash - 13%
Surging Charge - 10%

With 22.05% Crit ~ 3:07 - 2243.7 DPS
Maul - 28%
Shock - 20%
Discharge - 16%
Voltiac Slash - 14%
Surging Charge 11%
(The rest of the percentages are in Saber Strike & Low Slash.)

I stopped at 3 minutes exactly but it carried over to 3:07. Had no idea that by adding 4% crit the results would increase so much (I should note that this was in my PvP gear and no adrenals were used since that's irrelevant where WZs are concerned.) Wonder if I should continue to add crit to that 25% you're talking about. Hmm. I mean, if the parses were like ~40-60 DPS close to each other, I might chalk it up to RNG and run more tests. But damn, the 0 crit one isn't even close.

Doson
06.07.2013 , 02:27 AM | #15
Nice guide and another cool song in that vid!

@Aetrus Can you pls post your stats for the above parses, bonus damage, accuracy etc. ?
EZ

Aetrus
06.07.2013 , 03:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Doson View Post
@Aetrus Can you pls post your stats for the above parses, bonus damage, accuracy etc. ?
At the time of that parse it was:
Damage (Pri): 1290-1544
Bonus dmg: 782.3
Accuracy: 95.85%
Crit chance: 22.05%
Surge: 73.44%

http://i.imgur.com/5C2YuZJ.jpg was the only game I played on that toon today. Outdamaged a sniper, gunslinger, and smash mara. Low objective score was because I was the only one on the freecasting commando. Zzz. Definitely looking at upping the crit by a percent or two more though, like Shinka says.

Doson
06.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #17
No worries, I won't play objective police. Was just curious if you had maxed gear.

Hmm, around 23% crit appeared to be the sweet spot to me so far. Or alternatively going for max AP.
However, I should have the mods and enhancements to give 25% crit another try and will probably do so after transfers are done.
EZ

TimHowell
06.07.2013 , 09:51 AM | #18
I am currently pvp'ing with Madness assassin and I find it my favorite spec. The more posts that I read the more differing % requirments I see. One forum will say you must have 110% Accuracy while others say that's too high. As for crit% some say 25% is a must and others say power. As we speak I mainly PVP as I have said and I have 25% crit and 106% accuracy.

So my question is should I continue to chase those "Ideal" numbers ? Thoughts ?

Aetrus
06.07.2013 , 03:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TimHowell View Post
One forum will say you must have 110% Accuracy while others say that's too high. As for crit% some say 25% is a must and others say power. As we speak I mainly PVP as I have said and I have 25% crit and 106% accuracy.

So my question is should I continue to chase those "Ideal" numbers ? Thoughts ?
If that's your melee accuracy and you're PvPing, 106% is way too high. At 95% accuracy you're going to hit almost every time with everything but saber strike. The OP says 95-97% and I think that's perfect.

stephenalandavie
06.07.2013 , 09:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
If that's your melee accuracy and you're PvPing, 106% is way too high. At 95% accuracy you're going to hit almost every time with everything but saber strike. The OP says 95-97% and I think that's perfect.
I estimate he means force (hopefully)
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan