Lightning Sorc rotation for 4.0 PvE?

-TheDelta-

Need some help here, my main's a lightning sorc and I've been getting along more or less fine since 4.0 (although I do get the feeling some of my alts having an easier time in ops than my main), since there's no new guide I'm aware of I've been mostly sticking to this 3.0 guide on Dulfy but I have no idea if it's still even close to optimal. Have been looking through the first couple pages here and didn't find a lot of help. (in basic, the rotation starts with Crushing Darkness -> Affliction -> Thundering Blast -> Lightning Flash -> Recklessness -> Chain Lightning -> Force Storm and then goes on to cast TB, CD, LF, CL etc. by priority with LB as obvious filler)

The reason I'm asking because I did a ToS (SM) run yesterday that went way worse than it should have mostly because of low DPS, seeing a lot more enrage than I ever have, especially considering that most DPS had full (or almost full) 216 gear. We weren't parsing so it's hard so say for sure what exactly the problem was, but I'd like to make sure it's not me so I'd love to have some input if any of the skills in the Dulfy guide's rotation are a waste of space now or what else should be changed. I have gotten along pretty well in 4.0 otherwise, but honestly, with the way healing comps had been until tuesday and how easy SM Ops are, that doesn't really say a lot.

Forget the dulfy guide.

A rotation is quite hard to lay down, since it will vary slightly depending on server lag, ability delay and pushback. Your priority list is as follows

1. Weaken mind

2. Turbulence

3. Mind crush (with proc)

4. Tk gust (procs for mind crush)

5. Tk wave

6. Tk burst

Remember, weaken mind is refreshed by tk wave and mind crush.

Use force potency on tk gust, tk burst and tk wave. In that order if there are low priority adds since tk wave will benefit from potency on all targets regardless of the amount of stacks it consumes, but it will consume one stack per target anyway. If there are adds that need to die quick use potency for 3 forcequakes.

Try to use mental alacrity immediately before turbolence, as doing so will allow you to squeeze an extra one inside its window.

Those are the basics. Practice and practice some more to perfect the art of telekinetics

Exactly the same question on the same page.

Sage - Sorc

Telekinetics - Lightning

Weaken mind - Affliction

Turbolence - Thundering blast

Tk Gust - Lightning Flash

Tk wave - Chain lightning

Mind crush - Crushing darkness

Tk burst - Lightning bolt

Force quake - Force storm

Force potency - Recklessness

Mental alacrity - Polarity shift

I've been hearing of people using Recklessness on TB instead of the traditional LF and CL, due to the 'supercrit' unwasted crit chance. Is this viable?

In theory, yes. In practice, it is bugged and there is no supercrit on TB. Until we get a fix using Recklessness on TB is a waste

Edited by Kawabonga

If you use PS first doesn't the alacrity effect the cooldowns on UP and your adrenal?

Polarity Shift reduces the cooldowns of Recklessness and adrenal, but not Unlimited Power.

Are we still popping Unlimited Power and the adrenal with Polarity Shift, like in 3.0? I assume so, and if so, should we do UP+Adrenal+PS, that way PS is still directly before TB?

If you keybind them you can hit them at almost the same time, just make sure PS is before adrenal in any case.

Edited by ceazare

If you use PS first doesn't the alacrity effect the cooldowns on UP and your adrenal?

That's a good question, another reason to have clarification on which to pop those 3 in, they always put + on them so I just assumed it doesn't rly matter what order, but that was 3.0. In 4.0 it might matter.