Scheduled Maintenance: March 12th, 2015

TaitWatson

All servers will be unavailable on March 12th while we apply Game Update 3.1.1.

Date: Thursday, 12 March 2015

Time: 5:00AM PDT (12:00 GMT) - 9:00AM PDT (16:00 GMT)

Version: 3.1.1

Preliminary Patch Notes can be found here. Final patch notes will be posted Monday, March 9th.

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good you release patches with qualitycontrol, I do not mind waiting a few days.

Lets hope the patch also includes Blood Hunt HM tuning so the groupfinder members actually want to give this a try and not leave instantly.

im surprised in the sense that usually they just release bugged, untested content.

now they've graduated to actually testing content and just not being skilled enough to resolve defects before committed release dates.

im surprised in the sense that usually they just release bugged, untested content.

now they've graduated to actually testing content and just not being skilled enough to resolve defects before committed release dates.

Shows how far we've come... The delay of patches is just a result of less quality control, not better bug fixes. One year ago, they were able to meet their deadlines AND have all bugs fixed by then.

Edited by Jerba

Hey everyone!

We are going to be pushing the maintenance window to later this week. I don't have all the details right now, but this thread will be updated when I do.

Thank you for your understanding!

-Tait

Will this affect the start of Bounty Week on Tuesday?

I feel sorry for Bioware. If they release on time, everyone complains and blames QA when they release buggy content. If they find issues and delay the Update until those issues are addressed, QA is blamed for "not doing their" job. Nothing Bioware does is every going to satisfy you. Do you have any idea what a bunch of ridiculous petty whiners you are? Sure, I get annoyed by some of the bugs and broken Achievements. The engine the game is built on has a number of issues and yes, Bioware probably chose poorly on that account. Which is neither the fault of the Bioware Developers or QA. As both a Software Developer (not a Bioware employee) and a player, I would much prefer a release be delayed a couple days to give the Developers time to get it right.

Over all, it is a good game and I enjoy it. If you are not enjoying the game, please do us all a favor; uninstall and stop whining.

I feel sorry for Bioware. If they release on time, everyone complains and blames QA when they release buggy content. If they find issues and delay the Update until those issues are addressed, QA is blamed for "not doing their" job. Nothing Bioware does is every going to satisfy you. Do you have any idea what a bunch of ridiculous petty whiners you are? Sure, I get annoyed by some of the bugs and broken Achievements. The engine the game is built on has a number of issues and yes, Bioware probably chose poorly on that account. Which is neither the fault of the Bioware Developers or QA. As both a Software Developer (not a Bioware employee) and a player, I would much prefer a release be delayed a couple days to give the Developers time to get it right.

Over all, it is a good game and I enjoy it. If you are not enjoying the game, please do us all a favor; uninstall and stop whining.

Get out of here with that reasonableness! There's no place for it here!

Umm..they delayed another patch a few weeks ago so that they did not have to hotfix but they ended up messing up nonetheless, i am expecting something like that again. what a joke.. Edited by BrintoSFJ