By request from players.. plz dev's Nerf Mara's dps by 40%

VIZIOO

Been talking to a lot of player and we can all agree that Mara's dps is broken.. leave the survivability but plz nerf the dps or fix it plz.. tone it down. This will leave the Mara with 60% which is more than enough to complete quest and Operations and still viable in pvp.. plz Nerf Maras..by request from most players..

Thank You:

Att: subscribers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been talking to a lot of player and we can all agree that Mara's dps is broken.. leave the survivability but plz nerf the dps or fix it plz.. tone it down. This will leave the Mara with 60% which is more than enough to complete quest and Operations and still viable in pvp.. plz Nerf Maras..by request from most players..

Thank You:

So you want to nerf the only class that can destroy mercs easily ? How very surprising.. With snipers it's sometimes challenging.

Before asking for nerfs perhaps you should look inward and check your skills first.

40% ? I think perhaps you need to learn to play first because it seems you have no clue what your talking about.

My first and last post in this thread... The troll smell is too strong here and I am allergic to it.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Thank You:

Please dont start another nerf Mara thread. There is already another 2 that have discussed nerfing Mara’s till we all ran out of steam.

One thing I can tell you from those other threads is not one person asked for a 40% dps reduction. So I’m not sure who all the players are who want it.

Im pretty sure your problem is a L2P one because even those who have asked for nerfs before aren’t advocating such a massive reduction.

Devs, please ignore this thread.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I and the posters above me (OP excluded) are not part of those who want maras nerfed, even though mara is one of the 2 classes that I hate playing. Who exactly are the guys who want them nerfed so drastically, completely unaware of the most basic rule of this game that all DPS must deal the approx same damage?

Just to remind you 11k - 40% = 6.6k. This is lower than 4.0 damage. This is maybe what fully tank gear with def mods can parse. If this is the dummy damage, the PVP damage will be capped at something like 4k for the best players, and (given that in regs you don't see many 4ks) it would mean the average damage a mara will do is 1k.

This is not a "nerf mara" thread, it is a "remove mara" thread or "utterly destroy mara and throw it to the bottom of the PVP foodchain while also rendering it useless in PvE content, conclusively making it a don't-play-anywhere class" thread.

Thank You:

Just quietly, I don't think you speak on behalf of most players.

Edited by RooRider

By request from Mara players.... plz dev's leave Mara's dps alone.

But seriously as it was pointed out here, there are so many ways to counter them. Classes have reflect, stuns, roots evasion/kiting abilities..... the class itself quite challenging to play and in the hands of an unskilled player the class fails.

I really would say that the balance in PVP is quite decent at the moment. In ranked I see PT dps, Juggs, Sorcs, basically all classes, people are not afraid to take their favourite class to PVP, its not only Mercs and Snipers! On DM server we see everything and noone complains as far as I know.

By request from Mara players.... plz dev's leave Mara's dps alone.

But seriously as it was pointed out here, there are so many ways to counter them. Classes have reflect, stuns, roots evasion/kiting abilities..... the class itself quite challenging to play and in the hands of an unskilled player the class fails.

I really would say that the balance in PVP is quite decent at the moment. In ranked I see PT dps, Juggs, Sorcs, basically all classes, people are not afraid to take their favourite class to PVP, its not only Mercs and Snipers! On DM server we see everything and noone complains as far as I know.

unless you are lightening sorc trying to 1v1 a concealment operative.

Mara damage is fine. The damage output of every DPS spec in the game is fine for that matter, or at least does not need lowering. Some might need adjusting upward.

The only specs that need damage nerfs are skank tanks.

There are some DPS specs that need nerfs, but the nerfs they need are to defenses and self heals, not damage.

Thank You:

It seems you know nothing about maras. Mara has no self-heals or off heals, mara dies fast without healers when 2-3 players zerg him, mara HAS NO TAUNTS and no guard. In fact all mara was created for is doing dps lol because it cant taunt or guard as pt or jugg, it can heal or others himself like sorc or merc. Of Course mara must have bigger dps than other classes lol. Stop writing garbage

Edited by omaan

It seems you know nothing about maras. Mara has no self-heals or off heals, mara dies fast without healers when 2-3 players zerg him, mara HAS NO TAUNTS and no guard. In fact all mara was created for is doing dps lol because it cant taunt or guard as pt or jugg, it can heal or others himself like sorc or merc. Of Course mara must have bigger dps than other classes lol. Stop writing garbage

They merely have defenses that make every other melee DPS cower in fear and excellent group utility. There is no reason for them to do more damage than other classes.

They merely have defenses that make every other melee DPS cower in fear and excellent group utility. There is no reason for them to do more damage than other classes.

30 sec predation: best ability in the game!!!

Anni and Carnage are fine.. Fury needs some adjustments in damage considering all the utilities it has, cc immunity, Strong dmg mitigation dcds, ruthless aggressor and interlooper (Insta double proc for raging burst and smash)

EDIT:

So you want to nerf the only class that can destroy mercs easily ? How very surprising.. With snipers it's sometimes challenging.

Thinking it better, you are right tho. If the game has a class with 4 lives, excellent kiting, fast offheals, speed buff and electronet, why not have Maras have big burst, high mobility and strong dcds

Edited by DarthHammer

Only thing that needs to go is the ruthless aggressor utility 75% force/tech resist together with a 90% accuracy debuff on the direct target on a 45 second CD. This makes obfuscate better then shroud on a shorter CD.

I hadn't played in a while, just got back recently and holy crap that is broken, its like Bioware heard all the complaints about nerfing the cd of Undying and just handed everything all back. This is what happens when you institute balance with sledgehammers.

I hadn't played in a while, just got back recently and holy crap that is broken, its like Bioware heard all the complaints about nerfing the cd of Undying and just handed everything all back. This is what happens when you institute balance with sledgehammers.
I have bad news - if you're recently returned you'll get to discover, probably via this thread, that removing ruthless aggressor is actually a controversial idea on this board.

Even though it's obviously broken as you said.

I have bad news - if you're recently returned you'll get to discover, probably via this thread, that removing ruthless aggressor is actually a controversial idea on this board.

Even though it's obviously broken as you said.

He’s not joking folks, people unironically defend ruthless aggressor on these forums

He’s not joking folks, people unironically defend ruthless aggressor on these forums

I logged in and first thing I saw was my guildie defending it lol, of course his favorite class has always been Mara so that didn't surprise me.

I get that Maras needed something, the problem is when you turn it into a cooldown arms race you just take turns making new classes fotm, while whoever doesn't get a new toy falls to the back of the pack. A better survivability tool they could have added is something like a heal whenever they use force leap, similar to snipers healing on roll, this way maras would have more solo survivability which they needed, while being less overpowered in group focus situations.