Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
08.19.2019 , 09:39 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
But the issue is what you consider “lightly flamed” may not be what others consider “lightly flamed” to mean.
He knows that, and he also knows that were not talking about "light" flaming. GDIAF is pretty clearly not light, and thats on the calmer side.
Should people be able to handle light flaming... on that i would agree, but we all know thats not what were talking about here and hes just herding cats.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.19.2019 , 09:52 AM | #112
lol GDIAF is for shock value, no one means it literally. The proper response is "no u." 60% of the time it works every time

Is this the only game some of you have ever PvP'ed in? Shizz talk has been around since the dawn of pvp. If you say nothing back or say "my bad," then they usually shut up. If you respond with a counterattack or excuse, it usually escalates it.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.19.2019 , 09:53 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Have you noticed that those who dont play it have been trying to tell you why?
There are many very good players that should be playing more ranked in this game, that dont, you need to start asking why that is the case, then go find a mirror and you will have your answer.
This level of ignorance is astounding. It's amazing how many times I have to repeat myself.

1. If people can't handle what people say in ranked, they shouldn't be playing ranked.
2. There is very little "toxicity" in ranked in the first place.
3. I'm very, very rarely "toxic" in ranked myself.
4. lol at there are good players that would play if it wasn't toxic. That's a paradoxical statement. Not to mention the fact that virtually no one is toxic towards good players (except a certain decent mara who is vile to everyone).

Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Is this the only game some of you have ever PvP'ed in? Shizz talk has been around since the the dawn of pvp
Yep. Continually baffles me lol

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
08.19.2019 , 11:47 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
This level of ignorance is astounding. It's amazing how many times I have to repeat myself.

1. If people can't handle what people say in ranked, they shouldn't be playing ranked.
2. There is very little "toxicity" in ranked in the first place.
3. I'm very, very rarely "toxic" in ranked myself.
4. lol at there are good players that would play if it wasn't toxic. That's a paradoxical statement. Not to mention the fact that virtually no one is toxic towards good players (except a certain decent mara who is vile to everyone).



Yep. Continually baffles me lol
Well, that makes two of us. Bottom line you are ok with it, have no intention of changing, and still thinks its everyone elses fault ranked is dead... as you say, the ignorance is astounding.
Oh, and lol @ "very little toxicity"... unless you are an active participant in S&M, this is like saying there is very little water in the ocean.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

ChoppedSuey's Avatar


ChoppedSuey
08.19.2019 , 12:14 PM | #115
As I read through this thread, I can't help but to notice the circular motion of all the various conversations and responses. What I've gathered so far after 12 pages:

1) There is smack talking in ranked and some players need a thicker skin.

2) There is rampant toxicity in ranked and it keeps some players from playing ranked.

I think both of these statements are probably true, to a large extent. Some people need to man up and some people need to shut up. That's about the sum of it, right?

I'm not one to condone toxicity and I think most smack talking would be better unsaid in the first place. I mean this is an MMO and (apologies in advance for the generalization) it really is a magnet for people with social issues*, so attacking those people in a negative way or being toxic is only going to hinder overall participation because of those very same social issues.

*no, not every one who plays MMOs has social issues.

**Or maybe they do.
chopped su·ey

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.19.2019 , 02:30 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Bottom line you are ok with it, have no intention of changing, and still thinks its everyone elses fault ranked is dead...
What? How am I supposed to change? I'm not toxic in ranked. And solo ranked isn't dead. There's a decent amount of participation. If we want it to grow, we should be encouraging Bioware to make positive changes to the structure o ranked, which many of us have done in other threads.

Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Oh, and lol @ "very little toxicity"... unless you are an active participant in S&M, this is like saying there is very little water in the ocean.
Do you actually play solo ranked, or just read about it on the forums? I'm guessing the latter. I play solo ranked virtually every day. It's the least "toxic" pvp of any game I've ever played. It's really not a problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChoppedSuey View Post
2) There is rampant toxicity in ranked and it keeps some players from playing ranked.
Let me amend that for you:

"There is occasional toxicity in ranked and it keeps some players from playing ranked"

Rampant implies that it's happening all the time, and that is simply, demonstrably, not true. I wish I could somehow post the chat logs of all of my ranked matches to prove it, but alas that's not possible.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.19.2019 , 02:36 PM | #117
Regs is more toxic than yolos, imo.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Thefriar's Avatar


Thefriar
08.19.2019 , 02:46 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Dowillia View Post
Satele Shan Server


I do not have a problem with that but I do not appreciate the Toxic Bullying and Abusive Behaviour that is too often displayed in Ranked Warzone. Nuff Said.
Toxic Bullying - seriously? You are playing a PVP based game about space wizards who kill one another over and over. Every PVP game that has ever existed has top tier players who don't care about hurting your feelings - they get off on it actually. If you are venting I hope you feel better *hands player cookie and directions to safe space*. If you are serious maybe PVP isn't for you because what you call bullying exists everywhere in PVP games. Perhaps try a PVP game which doesn't have a chat function.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
08.19.2019 , 07:41 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Thefriar View Post
Toxic Bullying - seriously? You are playing a PVP based game about space wizards who kill one another over and over. Every PVP game that has ever existed has top tier players who don't care about hurting your feelings - they get off on it actually. If you are venting I hope you feel better *hands player cookie and directions to safe space*. If you are serious maybe PVP isn't for you because what you call bullying exists everywhere in PVP games. Perhaps try a PVP game which doesn't have a chat function.
you realize SWTOR and SW in general is a ridiculously casual, story mode-ish, gentle game. everything about it is watered down with kiddy gloves and cupcakes. it's not at all surprising that they would censor or be more big brother about pvp than in other games. even the players who are genuinely top tier can't seriously thing they're anything but the big fish in a puddle (not even a pond) of the greater pvp world.

not sure how one could compare "competitive" pvp in swtor to that of wow or counterstrike or league or...anything at all.
Krack

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.19.2019 , 08:20 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
you realize SWTOR and SW in general is a ridiculously casual, story mode-ish, gentle game. everything about it is watered down with kiddy gloves and cupcakes. it's not at all surprising that they would censor or be more big brother about pvp than in other games. even the players who are genuinely top tier can't seriously thing they're anything but the big fish in a puddle (not even a pond) of the greater pvp world.

not sure how one could compare "competitive" pvp in swtor to that of wow or counterstrike or league or...anything at all.
I agree. But solo ranked is the one part of swtor that is for more than just casuals. You are also right that its pvp is not nearly on the level of non-mmo pvp in terms of skill required and popularity (comparing it to wow seems fair though, that's just a population difference really). It's also significantly less "toxic" than those other games.